Motherwell v St Johnstone 09/12/2023

SteelmaninOZ

Bair is actually decent off the bench! Bit of urgency and can actually carry the ball.

Pleased we got a point of course but it changes nothing. We are shite, our formation and tactics are shite, our keeper is shite, our team selections are shite, our summer business was shite. Kettlewell out.

It might be the end of SK, but who'd select the next lamb to be slaughtered? I've never agreed with fan ownership at this level, and our "leadership" havened even been able to get a decent replacement for Burrows, so while we moan about what's happening on the park, that's the tip of the iceberg, in my opinion. Where there is no vision the team will perish.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AllyMax said:

Nah, Gent has run into trouble multiple times trying to defend (he's given away free kicks right on the line that were lucky not to be pens). He's good going forward, but I seriously doubt his ability to play 90 mins and cope with the defensive duties. Everyone has been screaming for him to play because he's good going forward, and I get that, but I think if he was up to the task defensively, Kettlewell would have started him long before now.

Davor just looks like he's no where near SPL standard to me.

More than happy to be proved wrong and will celebrate a win as much as the next man. maybe the adversity of being short of players and backs against the wall will bring a performance out of them today.

I'm quoting my own post here just to show how fucking little I know 🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, Fairhill said:

It might be the end of SK, but who'd select the next lamb to be slaughtered? I've never agreed with fan ownership at this level, and our "leadership" havened even been able to get a decent replacement for Burrows, so while we moan about what's happening on the park, that's the tip of the iceberg, in my opinion. Where there is no vision the team will perish.

This is it really. Can't help but think back to when Burrows left and we were wondering if he was escaping a sinking ship while he could. The place is a fucking shambles. 

We were the better team until they scored, then fell out of it, and then scrapped a draw when our big winger crossed a ball onto the head of a very quiet Mika. Point is better than nothing, but probably not enough in the grand scheme of things. Davor and Gent (Although he did have a quieter 2nd half going forward) did well, which begs the question why they were not playing. Spencer on the right never got going. Obika was shocking.

Well, another must win home game that we fail to win. It’s just a pity we can’t get a last minute goal that actually wins us a game for a change. 

Still, who knows? Maybe these four last gasp draws might actually keep us up…