Motherwell v Rangers 24/12/2023

SteelmaninOZ

Just now, wellup83 said:

Proven goalscorer in the league. May be a few years older now but I can guarantee he'd give more effort and carry more threat than the likes of Shaw.

What he proved before years of injuries took their toll has little or no bearing on the here and now. He hasn't scored in 8 games against opposition that is, unbelievably, of a lower standard than we're facing.

3 minutes ago, wellup83 said:

Proven goalscorer in the league. May be a few years older now but I can guarantee he'd give more effort and carry more threat than the likes of Shaw.

Yep, at least bair runs about a bit and has pace, Shaw is just a jersey , doesn't look fast, interested, physical or  capable of scoring 

Just now, bobbybingo said:

True. But what we don't need are dreams of former players or managers getting us out of this. 

someone posted earlier that this is the first squad that doesn't have homegrown players in it.  (appreciate Millers injury)

There's been a lot of boo hoo'ing about previous players/managers involvement but at least they cared about our club.

When we had guys like Lesley, Hammell, Craigan, Pearson, McFadden, McDonald etc around for their second time with the club it was far better than we have now.   Led by ex-sportscene pundits and guys who don't have any history in the club. 

I don't see how we're any better off now  - I used to like having ex-well guys around. I think it helped more than people realise. 

I had to watch the game on sky I thought the goals we gave away were poor. I don’t think we troubled there keeper at all and our best chance was slatterys distanced effort that went just wide. Punished for 2 of our mistakes today in the first half. But our season won’t be defined by what we do against rangers or Celtic this season. 4 points needed from the next two onwards and upwards Mon The Well.

6 minutes ago, Throughthelaces said:

I had to watch the game on sky I thought the goals we gave away were poor. I don’t think we troubled there keeper at all and our best chance was slatterys distanced effort that went just wide. Punished for 2 of our mistakes today in the first half. But our season won’t be defined by what we do against rangers or Celtic this season. 4 points needed from the next two onwards and upwards Mon The Well.

i like your posativity,    personally i cant see it   aberden need a win at home or they are under real pressure as well so 3-1 home win            livi just as shite as us 1-1 shitefest   thats how a see it

39 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Better second half but let's be honest it was probably more due to Rangers going down the gears and just seeing the game out.

That said Spencer should have scored.

Overall view coming away from that match is that we just don't have enough quality on the pitch to avoid anything other than a relegation scramble.

I've supported Kettlewell and said he should get till the winter break.

So the winter break is almost upon us and we have two matches left and we absolutely must beat Livingston.  

Otherwise is must surely be curtains for Kettlewell.

Yup I am with you pal.  Been big SK fan and been patient but if we lose to Livi a change has to be made. Let's hope that scenario doesn't occur 

9 minutes ago, smiddy said:

i like your posativity,    personally i cant see it   aberden need a win at home or they are under real pressure as well so 3-1 home win            livi just as shite as us 1-1 shitefest   thats how a see it

I’m expecting internally to be disappointed but I acknowledge we’re not down until we’re mathematically down. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wellsince75 said:

someone posted earlier that this is the first squad that doesn't have homegrown players in it.  (appreciate Millers injury)

There's been a lot of boo hoo'ing about previous players/managers involvement but at least they cared about our club.

When we had guys like Lesley, Hammell, Craigan, Pearson, McFadden, McDonald etc around for their second time with the club it was far better than we have now.   Led by ex-sportscene pundits and guys who don't have any history in the club. 

I don't see how we're any better off now  - I used to like having ex-well guys around. I think it helped more than people realise. 

I think we're about out returnees, player wise. I can't think of anyone we'd want to bring back and who would realistically come back. We gave it a go with Moult and it didn't work. Good luck to him, though he seems to be struggling after a good start in the Championship. By god, we could do with an Allan Campbell right now, but that really is just dreaming.

The idea that we should be begging Stephen Robinson to come back as manager, as was suggested on here earlier, is obviously a non starter, for several reasons.

The folk who are there now - or the ones who will be coming in - are the folk who will save us or not. I hope someone at Fir Park knows what the right move is.

• Like 1

Kettlewell management pish talk:

“The greatest frustration doesn’t come down to the second 45 as we showed a good reaction. We tried to deal with the conditions and the game on its merits. In the opening few minutes we were okay but our decision making process on the ball was so poor and we fell into the trap Rangers set. For us to play into that trap is the most naive thing we can do.”

The opening few minutes were okay!  Really? What f*cking game was he watching!?  We were 1-0 down after 4 minutes and 2 down after 15! He must’ve been talking about the pre-match warm-up. 

The rest is just utter inane drivel.

What are he and his coaching staff working on with this lot in training?

Not one shot on target and we could’ve lost by 5 or 6. What was the game plan for today, if there was one?

Why did it take 62 minutes to sub Paton and 85 for Slattery - both should’ve been hooked at half-time and not for the first time this season.

It’s now become plain that this is a season too far for O’Donnell so why continue to play him?

As I said in a previous post there is no discernible improvement in performances and for that the buck stops with Kettlewell. It’s time to pull the trigger.

3 hours ago, ppower said:

This has to be it for Kettlewell. He is absolutely clueless. Who the fuck is coaching these twats to make the same basic mistakes game after game???? As I said before they wouldn't get near my works  5 aside team. Total fucking imposters from the board room to the playing staff. A club in free fall.

No amount of coaching will change these players that's the problem. They just aren't good enough. Yeah sure change manager but we are stil left with players who struggle to do the basics.

8 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Him and Spencer were horrific the rest were just shite. The quicker Mugabi gets to fuck the better.

Wasn't that long ago people were screaming for Spencer to be moved to the right to replace SOD.  Funny he's not had a good game since. 

1 hour ago, El Grew said:

Well we don’t have to wait long to find out if that’s true or not!

Does he mean that Livi team who've beaten us already this season. Having watched Livingston against Aberdeen I'm not so sure they are worse that us. We won't beat them on Saturday. They have an horrendous record at Fir Park and that will change on Saturday , Kettlewell will be sacked , we will recruit in January without a new manager and we will still be relegated. ..... Anyone bet against that scenario.

2 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Does he mean that Livi team who've beaten us already this season. Having watched Livingston against Aberdeen I'm not so sure they are worse that us. We won't beat them on Saturday. They have an horrendous record at Fir Park and that will change on Saturday , Kettlewell will be sacked , we will recruit in January without a new manager and we will still be relegated. ..... Anyone bet against that scenario.

Glass half full man I see 🤣🤣