Motherwell v Rangers 24/12/2023

SteelmaninOZ

2-I us with a last minute winner from Theo Bair to end both the winless run this season and the near 21 year winless league run against Rangers.

That probably won’t happen but I’d love it if it did. The reality is that Motherwell do not beat Rangers. And just to be clear to the ‘faithers of the support’ I am well aware that we used to beat them quite regularly back when Bill Clinton was the US president and it was still legal to smoke indoors, but we haven’t won a league match against them in over two decades and with the exception of two glorious occasions in May 2015 and another in October 2017 when we got the better of a side which was Rangers in name only, our dismal record against them does not lie.

1 minute ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Rangers are in great form, unbeaten under Clement.

We havent won in 14 games.

We will never have a poorer chance! 

😉

As I said in an earlier post "if carlsberg done Christmas" it would be a win for us on Christmas eve, we've got to get a league win against them sometime so why not on Sunday, how much would that cheer everyone up, 2-1 for the good guys with an added time winner just to get it right up them. 😀

2 minutes ago, santheman said:

Aberdeen showed us the kind of tactics you need to stand any chance against them but do we have the players to do it.

No we don’t sadly. And unless we get Don Robertson or a ref who is as lenient as he was with Aberdeen yesterday and allows us to kick them off the park like Graeme Shinnie did then we’ll probably end up with a red card or two if we tried it.

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

Were we not on a crazy bad run the last time we beat them in the league on Boxing Day 2002?

They are over confident, talking about quadruples and taking over Dublin. Someone will burst their bubble. 

We beat Celtic at Fir Park in the September then didn’t win again until we trounced Hearts 6-1 at the start of December and then our next win after that was Rangers on Boxing Day.

14 hours ago, santheman said:

Aberdeen showed us the kind of tactics you need to stand any chance against them but do we have the players to do it.

We showed at Ibrox earlier in the season we have the players to challenge them. And we now have a striker that can finish and cause them problems.

14 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

As I said in an earlier post "if carlsberg done Christmas" it would be a win for us on Christmas eve, we've got to get a league win against them sometime so why not on Sunday, how much would that cheer everyone up, 2-1 for the good guys with an added time winner just to get it right up them. 😀

I was trying the MJC reverse psychology.

Every time we think we will never have a better chance we end up getting pumped!

8 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I was trying the MJC reverse psychology.

Every time we think we will never have a better chance we end up getting pumped!

I know mate I'm the same it will happen one day, probably the game I won't make, but I'm not expecting a win on Sunday but it would not surprise me if we did.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Richie said:

Ironically, I think the pressure is more on Rangers now that they have the opportunity to go top of the league - If that makes sense.

Oh no!

Are you saying we will never have a better chance? 

😆

• Haha 1