Motherwell v Rangers 24/12/2023

SteelmaninOZ

10 hours ago, wellfan said:

When you look at the past several months, I'm afraid to say that the buck does stop with the manager. It's his job to train and set them up, and if he can't get them to work hard and do simple things like track runners, for example, someone else might. He and the players have had umpteen chances to prove themselves, and they've collectively failed, but we can't sack the team.

With all due respect, that's shite. The manager tells each player what his responsibility is on the day, gives him all of the information that he needs. Sadly, we have players that are either not good enough or players that just lose concentration in key areas.

I still believe that this team can still dig us out of the mire and that SK is the man to lead them but it is going to be tough and 10th place has to be our aim now.

I don't get why SK keeps playing Shaw, his minutes are building up since he arrived and he has done nothing for us. It seems like SK is trying to prove that he will come good at some point and the law of averages will eventually fall in his favour with a goal.

And a merry xmas to you all 🙂

10 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Keep the faith though, the manager clearly knows what he is doing, just two wins and we will be challenging for Europe again.

Ooh the Sarcasm, it may sound ridiculous after no wins in 15 games to be chasing the euro spots after a couple of wins but whatever you think it's true. That's how close this league is outwith the top 2.

Those 6 points gathered with last gasp goals during this run will keep us up this season.

Bloody hell that was tough watch yesterday. We essentially gift wrapped the game and gave it to them within 20 mins.

Although I have to say again, the reaction in the 2nd half wasn’t that of a team that’s downed tools and accepted its fate. Rangers maybe took the foot off the gas, and we maybe got fortunate with the offside goals, but we battled away and pushed them back for long spells. I’m sure I wasn’t the only one thinking this could get embarrassing when the 2nd goal went in within 20 mins!

Think someone said it before but it feels like we’re in some kind of holding pattern with SK, the team is clearly still behind him and we’re picking up a point here and there, but I think we all know it’s not enough. As others have said this week looks like make or break time. We need to beat Livi on Sat and potentially pick up a point or 2 away to Aberdeen/Hibs or even I admit it’s time for a change. I still think SK has what it takes to turn it around but he’s rapidly running out of time sadly. 

As and aside, and not one that’s been talked about a lot, but we’ve been very unlucky with injuries this season. At the start of the season we hardly had a fit striker, and for the last few games we’ve haven’t any of our first choice back 3 from last season fit. Add to that Miller getting a long term injury after nailing down his position in the team, and it’s all been very disruptive.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

The manager tells each player what his responsibility is on the day, gives him all of the information that he needs. Sadly, we have players that are either not good enough or players that just lose concentration in key areas.

I know what you're saying but, we had Conor Wlkinson saying a few weeks ago that he was asked to play in  midfield for the first time in his career and he didn't know what he was supposed to be doing.

Merry Christmas to all.

9 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

With all due respect, that's shite. The manager tells each player what his responsibility is on the day, gives him all of the information that he needs. Sadly, we have players that are either not good enough or players that just lose concentration in key areas.

I still believe that this team can still dig us out of the mire and that SK is the man to lead them but it is going to be tough and 10th place has to be our aim now.

It's not shite, and Merry Christmas! 

3 hours ago, couttsy said:

Bloody hell that was tough watch yesterday. We essentially gift wrapped the game and gave it to them within 20 mins.

Although I have to say again, the reaction in the 2nd half wasn’t that of a team that’s downed tools and accepted its fate. Rangers maybe took the foot off the gas, and we maybe got fortunate with the offside goals, but we battled away and pushed them back for long spells. I’m sure I wasn’t the only one thinking this could get embarrassing when the 2nd goal went in within 20 mins!

Think someone said it before but it feels like we’re in some kind of holding pattern with SK, the team is clearly still behind him and we’re picking up a point here and there, but I think we all know it’s not enough. As others have said this week looks like make or break time. We need to beat Livi on Sat and potentially pick up a point or 2 away to Aberdeen/Hibs or even I admit it’s time for a change. I still think SK has what it takes to turn it around but he’s rapidly running out of time sadly. 

As and aside, and not one that’s been talked about a lot, but we’ve been very unlucky with injuries this season. At the start of the season we hardly had a fit striker, and for the last few games we’ve haven’t any of our first choice back 3 from last season fit. Add to that Miller getting a long term injury after nailing down his position in the team, and it’s all been very disruptive.

Spot on!