Interim CEO Derek Weir speaks to the fans

SteelmaninOZ

37 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I hope you're right; you are probably right. I don't like the video but then again I know nothing about advertising. This type of approach may be the in thing in advertising for all I know. However, I hope after months of planning, work and maybe investment, that there's a lot more to this initiative than that.  I believe it was created by a leading advertising agency. I hope they know what they're doing. 

As I said before, look at most smaller company/brand advertising on television during the ad break of any TV show. They usually come off as cringe-worthy. But there's a reason for that. 

The only mistake I think the club made is in spending time coming up with this really imaginative video, and then using the blandest YouTube video title of all time. 

"WHY YOU SHOULD INVEST IN THIS FOOTBALL CLUB"

That is piss poor. It has zero keyword value. The whole idea of this video is to try to make it go viral and get it out there. That title does absolutely none of that.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, David said:

As I said before, look at most smaller company/brand advertising on television during the ad break of any TV show. They usually come off as cringe-worthy. But there's a reason for that. 

The only mistake I think the club made is in spending time coming up with this really imaginative video, and then using the blandest YouTube video title of all time. 

"WHY YOU SHOULD INVEST IN THIS FOOTBALL CLUB"

That is piss poor. It has zero keyword value. The whole idea of this video is to try to make it go viral and get it out there. That title does absolutely none of that.

It's got 1.5million views across X - maybe not SEO-savvy enough for YouTube but it's doing the numbers.

1 minute ago, Kris-A-Goalda said:

It's got 1.5million views across X - maybe not SEO-savvy enough for YouTube but it's doing the numbers.

It's doing really well on X, but it could also have been doing a lot better on YouTube as well, which would have went on to further boost those numbers. More views on YouTube usually results in more people sharing videos to X. It's all a huge digital circular economy in that regard.

We could do worse than starting up crowd chants of "Taylor Swift gives some dosh" and putting that out as well, just to keep people talking. Whoever he is, he may or may not be interested but we might snag someone else along the way.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

We could do worse than starting up crowd chants of "Taylor Swift gives some dosh" and putting that out as well, just to keep people talking. Whoever he is, he may or may not be interested but we might snag someone else along the way.

Could work because the more coverage she gets linking us with investing the more she will struggle to Shake It Off. 😜😜😀

3 hours ago, steelboy said:

We are obviously trying to get Elon Musk to buy us.

Or at least sponsor us. Imagine that? Tesla on the shirts, Kettlewell, O'Donnell and Mugabi cutting about North Lan in those horrific Tesla trucks?

18 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

It appears to have caught the eye of Les Hutchison and elicited a favourable response, so I suppose you never know who else might like it. As others have said, at least it's getting noticed.

Where did you see that?

16 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Could work because the more coverage she gets linking us with investing the more she will struggle to Shake It Off. 😜😜😀

Oh, it's a she is it? Apologies.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, fizoxy said:

Where did you see that?

He commented on one of the Facebook posts. Thought it might be another Les Hutchison, but seems to be him alright.

"I love it ….. well done guys 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
A more positive, light hearted approach may create some interest.
The old negative attitude “it’s going to fail …. It will never work” …… hasn’t worked so far.
Good to see a more positive approach.

COYW"

• Like 1

20 hours ago, David said:

I seriously doubt that one single YouTube video is the outcome of the "large amount of work and numerous discussions" that have taken place.

It'll be part of it, but it won't be the only thing that's done.

As far as I can tell, there was nothing in the statement from the outgoing interim CE about other things being done. However if you have information or knowledge to the contrary please feel free to enlighten.

19 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

How do you advertise and seek out investors on social media without making it glaringly obvious you're looking for money?

That’s easy. You don’t. I think the statements made by the present Chairman and CEO in December, albeit rather clumsily, made the point the club was seeking additional investment. This raised the obvious question as to what the strategy would be to do so.  In this respect it would be reasonable to expect that the club would have a written business plan or strategy document as to what their approach was going to be to attract such investment.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, El Grew said:

That’s easy. You don’t. I think the statements made by the present Chairman and CEO in December, albeit rather clumsily, made the point the club was seeking additional investment. This raised the obvious question as to what the strategy would be to do so.  In this respect it would be reasonable to expect that the club would have a written business plan or strategy document as to what their approach was going to be to attract such investment.

You don't use social media to attract potential investors?

3 hours ago, El Grew said:

As far as I can tell, there was nothing in the statement from the outgoing interim CE about other things being done. However if you have information or knowledge to the contrary please feel free to enlighten.

He didn't mention in his statement specifics about the YouTube video either, did he? It will be a multi-faceted approach. I pretty much guarantee this to be the case, because for it not to be would be a complete farce. 

And as much as our board maybe doesn't have the best track record of late, they're not absolute morons.

2 hours ago, El Grew said:

Yes, but how do you get the word out that the club is seeking additional investment? The Chairman and CEO making a statement isn't going to do anything to get said statement in front of people, is it? 

As I've said already, it will more than likely be a multi-faceted approach. The social media campaign is designed to get the club and our message in front of people.

The video has been seen almost 2.5 million times on Twitter, which is an excellent return considering the club account has 60,000 followers. 

It has also been retweeted by Tom Green, bizarrely. An actor, director and comedian from Canada with a Twitter reach of around 300,000 of his own. 

So, despite criticism of the video itself, we cannot deny that it's doing what it was created to do. Draw attention.

It's then the job of those who run the club to turn any interested parties drawn from that attention into a potential investor. That's where the written business plan and strategy document you mention would come into play.

None of the above can exist on an island. They all have to co-exist for the campaign to be successful.