St Johnstone v Motherwell 27/01/2024

SteelmaninOZ

2 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

There's at least 3 or 4 who post bollocks consistently  and are looking for a reaction, so they're trolls in my book, you can't embarrass them

They never seem to post a out tactics or the general game ..it's just telling us someone is utter shit, not just a bit shit but utter shit ..I would say we all want the same thing but I doubt we do

Anyway on a general point if we continue like today, I'll think we will be fine especially if we get a fwd to help Bair, maybe even a wee run in Cup.  It's up to us to be up for it

People are completely entitled to their opinion tbh and I'll admit that I probably am a bit of a happy clapper when it comes to Motherwell but.... I've been supporting Motherwell for decades and I've been to two calendar signings in that time. The notion that I'm happy with a few online videos and getting my calendar signed once a year is ridiculous. Of course Kettlewell has his faults and has made mistakes. Hardly the first manager to do that. 

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

Looking at their goal my guess is that the shitey VAR system wasn't able to draw lines because you can't actually see Spittal's feet through the crowd of players so they just let it stand. 

So glad we voted for this and spend a fortune on it.

The VAR lines were shown on the Motherwell TV feed. I’ve no idea how accurate they were but they dod draw them.

Given this is the StJ thread what’s people’s thoughts on how they have fared since appointing Levein?   He’s an experienced coach with degree of success in this league who’s now had a few months and almost an entire transfer window to bring in “his” choices.  Would seem like the pedigree some have suggested we look for as a replacement for SK.  
genuinely interested if people think the individual manager can make all the difference regardless of squad and budget.  

3 minutes ago, purestate said:

Given this is the StJ thread what’s people’s thoughts on how they have fared since appointing Levein?   He’s an experienced coach with degree of success in this league who’s now had a few months and almost an entire transfer window to bring in “his” choices.  Would seem like the pedigree some have suggested we look for as a replacement for SK.  
genuinely interested if people think the individual manager can make all the difference regardless of squad and budget.  

I thought he would have been good for us at one point , tighten the defence but I thought we played the better stuff today... suppose where the teams finish at end of season will be the most important thing 

St J are below us in the league after the same number of games, and we're the worst team to ever play the game with a total diddy gobshite manager apparently, and haven't even bothered to sign three strikers. Every manager below us should be fired. 

Supporting Motherwell will always be an up and down experience and often more downs than up. It's very easy to get into a "yes we're doing ok but we'll fail next week" attitude. There are individuals in this forum unfortunately stuck in this rut and can't wait to see the team/manager fuck up so they can air their grievance. Tragic in truth.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, steelboy said:

In this league Courts has a better ppg than Kettlewell and has achieved a European qualification. To me that's a better record. 

I like the way you ignore the other parts of Court's history that I highlighted. Any thoughts on that aspect? Personally I would prefer a Manager who isn't likely to chuck it so readily.

Also very "selective" in your use of stats. A quick check suggests Courts had a 38% win rate in total at Utd whereas Kettlewell is sitting at 41%. I guess we must be looking at different records. Or. as you say, maybe beating bottom six teams should be discounted. Europe I'll concede although according to a few on here that is nothing to celebrate and only hurts our League campaign.

5 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

St J are below us in the league after the same number of games, and we're the worst team to ever play the game with a total diddy gobshite manager apparently, and haven't even bothered to sign three strikers. Every manager below us should be fired. 

😆 well exactly. Although StJ have had more wins since CL came in they haven’t beaten us in 3 attempts so is our squad better than there’s or is CL no better than SK?    

Not long back from the game . Motherwell were by far the better side , especially second half.

I can't wait to see a replay of their goal. At the time I thought they were checking for a foul . The check took forever . 

The ref was shocking all game . 7 minutes added felt right after the 1st half but why only 3 added after the 2nd ? It was probably 3 minutes alone when their player went down , got up, waited for the physio to run across the pitch and went down again !  Their player deliberately booted the ball into the away fans. A yellow card offence. Ref did nothing.

3 minutes ago, dennyc said:

I like the way you ignore the other parts of Court's history that I highlighted. Any thoughts on that aspect? Personally I would prefer a Manager who isn't likely to chuck it so readily.

Also very "selective" in your use of stats. A quick check suggests Courts had a 38% win rate in total at Utd whereas Kettlewell is sitting at 41%. I guess we must be looking at different records. Or. as you say, maybe beating bottom six teams should be discounted. Europe I'll concede although according to a few on here that is nothing to celebrate and only hurts our League campaign.

I'm talking about Kettlewell in the Premiership including his time at Ross County. 

It didn't work out for Courts in Hungary but he's still got more achievements to his name as a manager than Kettlewell. He might just be average but Kettlewell is shite. Livingston can't sack Martindale so we won't finish bottom this season but we shouldn't accept what are suffering through right now. We are getting close to 1 league win in 5 full months of football. 

11 minutes ago, wellup83 said:

Supporting Motherwell will always be an up and down experience and often more downs than up. It's very easy to get into a "yes we're doing ok but we'll fail next week" attitude. There are individuals in this forum unfortunately stuck in this rut and can't wait to see the team/manager fuck up so they can air their grievance. Tragic in truth.

I personally think it's shite that you get tagged with the just happy to watch a few videos and get a calendar signed comments. You think? I've been to two calendar signings in decades of watching Motherwell.

Ive bought season tickets when i can afford it. If I can't go to a game I make sure someone gets a use of my ticket. I actually more or less breathe claret and amber and I'm not unaware of the mess we are in. I just dont think shouting for the managers head every week is going to solve this. 

Just now, steelboy said:

I'm talking about Kettlewell in the Premiership including his time at Ross County. 

It didn't work out for Courts in Hungary but he's still got more achievements to his name as a manager than Kettlewell. He might just be average but Kettlewell is shite. Livingston can't sack Martindale so we won't finish bottom this season but we shouldn't accept what are suffering through right now. We are getting close to 1 league win in 5 full months of football. 

3 minutes ago, purestate said:

😆 well exactly. Although StJ have had more wins since CL came in they haven’t beaten us in 3 attempts so is our squad better than there’s or is CL no better than SK?    

Based on today I'd certainly rather watch us than them.

1 minute ago, wellgirl said:

I personally think it's shite that you get tagged with the just happy to watch a few videos and get a calendar signed comments. You think? I've been to two calendar signings in decades of watching Motherwell.

I've been watching Motherwell for decades. Ive bought season tickets when i can afford it. If I can't go to a game I make sure someone gets a use of my ticket. I actually more or less breathe claret and amber and I'm not unaware of the mess we are in. I just dont think shouting for the managers head every week is going to solve this. 

Don't listen to the idiots on this thread.

They don't understand the wording "support your team"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steelboy said:

He's not shite. 

17 minutes ago, purestate said:

On todays viewing St J looked terrible and were fortunate to get a point. Contributed nothing and no creativity. Levein may have a decent reputation but he has a task on in Perth. Another Club suffering to a substantial drop in player quality. A far cry from their Cup Final appearances.

So Levein is no better than Kettlewell

but Levein did get the StJ job ahead of Courts

but Courts is better than Kettlewell

Kettlewell is apparently shite so that must make Levein similarly shite 

which surely in turn must make Courts even shiteyer  ? 😉

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Those goalposts moving again then.

So to clarify

You are proposing that we employ a person who walked out on one Club, left his position with another two Clubs by mutual consent within a season and has been unemployed since. So much for reducing risk.

I can understand why you don't rate Kettlewell and fair enough. You're not alone. But Courts! Really?

Why can't Livi sack Martindale? Has he something on them or are the Board scared of him?

Frustrating game today, First half was horrific but we were pretty dominant in the second half, Mikas quality could have made the difference today that we badly needed but sadly things werent meant to be. Gent had a great game with plenty of pace and confidence to drive forward and take players on down the wing, Actually missed our goal so dont know what to make of that lol

33 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Ive bought season tickets when i can afford it. If I can't go to a game I make sure someone gets a use of my ticket. I actually more or less breathe claret and amber and I'm not unaware of the mess we are in. I just dont think shouting for the managers head every week is going to solve this. 

I'm in much the same position as yourself and I'm careful not to let negative results affect my life away from the football. It's very easy to become too invested to the point that a defeat can ruin your whole week. If it gets to that point it's time to take a step back and find something else to do on a Saturday.

3 hours ago, Bart Verheul said:

How has Phillips not been booked at least so far

I genuinely don't know and I've tried. He committed 3 bookable fouls and was booked for none. He could and should have been red carded by the 23rd minute. Appalling officiating. 

23 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

You could make your point by using actual stats instead of exaggerating them. We just had 25 days without a league game.

Here is another inventive fact

"It didn't work out for Courts in Hungary but he's still got more achievements to his name as a manager than Kettlewell. "

The truth is Courts has won nothing as a Manager in the senior Leagues. East of Scotland League in 2018 was his last success. It is also the truth that in that same year Kettlewell won the Championship and   Challenge Cup as a Manager.

As for today. We gained a point on two teams we hope to finish above. For me that is a positive. If we are ahead of both at the split then we are in the driving seat.