🏆SC Motherwell v Alloa 20/01/2024

SteelmaninOZ

10 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Morton away, pity we never got a home tie but it's a decent draw, they are well off the pace in the championship 

They are literally the form team in that division right now.

They put 3 past Dundee Utd at Tannadice a couple of weeks ago.

Definitely a potential banana skin.

2 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

They are literally the form team in that division right now.

They put 3 past Dundee Utd at Tannadice a couple of weeks ago.

Definitely a potential banana skin.

As is every game we play, the potential to lose is always there. If we start with the right attitude,  press them high from the start and move the ball a lot quicker than we did against Alloa we will get the required result.

Hopefully we have another couple of players in place by then to give us more of a goal threat.

4 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

As is every game we play, the potential to lose is always there. If we start with the right attitude,  press them high from the start and move the ball a lot quicker than we did against Alloa we will get the required result.

Hopefully we have another couple of players in place by then to give us more of a goal threat.

We have several players who are goal threats but unfortunately, in our defence. 😂

15 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

In short time he was on one thing I noticed about Halliday was he done a lot of talking . Think he will be a good organiser in midfield 

A potential captain in the middle of the park? That’s something we’ve been badly lacking for a while now. I’ve never been a fan of the goalkeeper being the captain and if, as I would expect, Kelly moves on in the summer then Halliday might be a good shout for the armband next season.

59 minutes ago, MJC said:

A potential captain in the middle of the park? That’s something we’ve been badly lacking for a while now. I’ve never been a fan of the goalkeeper being the captain and if, as I would expect, Kelly moves on in the summer then Halliday might be a good shout for the armband next season.

Yep, I'd agree with all of that. Don't like goalies as captains either and thought that Butcher could have taken it on but then he got injured.

59 minutes ago, MJC said:

1 minute ago, Mad Dog said:

Yep, I'd agree with all of that. Don't like goalies as captains either.

I would assume it would go to McGinn (current vice-captain) or Butcher (should he remain fit), although both are out of contract in June 2024. So, if Kelly and those two leave, maybe it will go to Halliday, as he'll be under contract for another year.  However, I think and hope McGinn will be extended.