β€‹πŸ†β€‹SC Greenock Morton v Motherwell 09/02/2024

SteelmaninOZ

1 minute ago, Kmcalpin said:

That's it for me. The team lacks character, especially in midfield. Talent alone will only get you so far. For starters, a keeper, any keeper, should not be captain. We lack an Ally Mauchlen or Colin O'Neill type in the middle. Any big physical striker, however agricultural can upset our rearguard.Β 

Agree on both points. A keeper as captain is really a waste of time and our midfield is decidedly lightweight. Against a side like Morton on their home patch, this tie was always a banana skin. I doubt we have the grit in our current squad to play and compete in this sort of cup tie.

18 minutes ago, Benson said:

We were passive against a team at home and high in confidence,we beat a county team in the week that would struggle in championship,we can't deal with teams that get in about us,leakingΒ  goals is guaranteed wether through individual errors or opposition quality that's why we beat County,they were the most subservient team I've seen this season,set pieces deary me,obviously players are not heeding instructions from training ground, talking that's what we practice.obviously league survival is priority, the future I ain't got a clue.

Morton were actually poorer than I was expecting but they were still too good for us. I say it time and again teams don't need to be good against us just patient as we will beat ourselves.

4 minutes ago, star sail said:

I am getting to be an old man now, so my passion is not what it once was for the football but I would say that the football is not worthy of tears. It is too much emotional invested in a group of footballers who will often let you down. I understand the frustration though.

I think you have provided a really good balance to some of the negativity on the forum in recent weeks but the team has let us down tonight.Β 

Nothing to do with ability. Motherwell were the better footballing side. They just did not want it enough. A lack of fight is hard to defend.

"I'm getting to be an old man,so my passion is not what it once was",snap my friend,got the grandkids to look after tomorrow, life goes on

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

That's it for me. The team lacks character, especially in midfield. Talent alone will only get you so far. For starters, a keeper, any keeper, should not be captain. We lack an Ally Mauchlen or Colin O'Neill type in the middle. Any big physical striker, however agricultural can upset our rearguard.Β 

We need some steel in the middle, but an Ally Mauchlen or Colin O 'Neill type would leave us lacking a man after 10 minutes.

does aybody think sk has the baws to drop our captain ???we dont know how good big ox is, but we didnt know how good wee davor was, tell kelly were RESTING him, tell the ox hees got 6 games to settle in and lets get on with it he cant be that bad,,, and all the kelly pant wetters just take a minute and think how many times heez deserved to be dropped and wasnt , well his time has come as it comes to everybody,,,,,, dont thimk sk has got the big bawz but we shall

oh by the way, nearly hameΒ Β  and STILL FUCKIN RAGIN

1 minute ago, Mortonhallwell said:

You really think we could beat PT (assuming they get through) after tonight? Very doubtful.

Yes, We arent the worst team in the league or scotland. There are worse clubs than us, Morton again are on an unbeaten run and didnt play a game through the week like we did

1 minute ago, smiddy said:

does aybody think sk has the baws to drop our captain ???we dont know how good big ox is, but we didnt know how good wee davor was, tell kelly were RESTING him, tell the ox hees got 6 games to settle in and lets get on with it he cant be that bad,,, and all the kelly pant wetters just take a minute and think how many times heez deserved to be dropped and wasnt , well his time has come as it comes to everybody,,,,,, dont thimk sk has got the big bawz but we shall see

Β 

2 minutes ago, smiddy said:

Β 

See this could go 2 ways, Yes we could bring in someone new and improve or we could end up with a proper donkey who gets us relagated like Dundee United keeper did last season. Cant remember his name but he had like 8 shockers in the run up to the end of the season

• Like 1

If we take anything from tonight it should be that we must avoid finishing in the relegation play off spot,we couldn't be trusted to beat a morton or partick thistle over two games.

5 minutes ago, smiddy said:

does aybody think sk has the baws to drop our captain ???we dont know how good big ox is, but we didnt know how good wee davor was, tell kelly were RESTING him, tell the ox hees got 6 games to settle in and lets get on with it he cant be that bad,,, and all the kelly pant wetters just take a minute and think how many times heez deserved to be dropped and wasnt , well his time has come as it comes to everybody,,,,,, dont thimk sk has got the big bawz but we shall

I understand you are upset. I am too and for what it's worth I don't think Kelly should have the armband and yes maybe he needs dropping but it's clear he's lost confidence. I'm not a Liam Kelly pant wetter either. He's human. As are the rest of the players. We move on and hopefully we learn from this and kick on up the table. This was always going to be a tough tie.Β 

1 minute ago, Chanzeypopz said:

See this could go 2 ways, Yes we could bring in someone new and improve or we could end up with a proper donkey who gets us relagated like Dundee United keeper did last season. Cant remember his name but he had like 8 shockers in the run up to the end of the season

well chanzeypopz only time will tell, do you think he should every week, dispitethe fact heez scared of cross balls into our box, his nerves are shot, and his general play looks terrible,

2 minutes ago, smiddy said:

well chanzeypopz only time will tell, do you think he should every week, dispitethe fact heez scared of cross balls into our box, his nerves are shot, and his general play looks terrible,

I feel really sorry for Kelly and he's far from my favourite playerΒ 

12 minutes ago, smiddy said:

From what I have been told OX is worse than kelly. Which prob explains why he has never had a look in under the last 2 managers.

Β 

i hope not though as it’s time for a change between the sticks

9 minutes ago, mfc said:

If we take anything from tonight it should be that we must avoid finishing in the relegation play off spot,we couldn't be trusted to beat a morton or partick thistle over two games.

To be fair you always get upsets in the cup. It goes with the territory.Β 

Replacing your keeper is a big call. Not sure that a gamble of that nature is worth taking right now. Liam Kelly has, by and large, been decent for us and probably deserves some loyalty and time to find some form and confidence. Having said that, our patience with regard to his form is not without limit and he must be aware of this. The pressure on him is mounting.

Another reason why your goalkeeper should not be captain?

1 minute ago, The African said:

Replacing your keeper is a big call. Not sure that a gamble of that nature is worth taking right now. Liam Kelly has, by and large, been decent for us and probably deserves some loyalty and time to find some form and confidence. Having said that, our patience with regard to his form is not without limit and he must be aware of this. The pressure on him is mounting.

Another reason why your goalkeeper should not be captain?

I personally think his form dipped badly and then was starting to pick up again. Im not sure being captain is getting to him. I would prefer he wasn't captain though. Give it to Halliday or a similarly experienced playerΒ 

2 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

I understand you are upset. I am too and for what it's worth I don't think Kelly should have the armband and yes maybe he needs dropping but it's clear he's lost confidence. I'm not a Liam Kelly pant wetter either. He's human. As are the rest of the players. We move on and hopefully we learn from this and kick on up the table. This was always going to be a tough tie.Β 

yes wellgirl, we will move on , but i beleive a spell on the bench .might well make him stronger mentally. then he may well come back in with his confidence back up, and end the season well, but i dont think the manager will drop him,personally when his contract is up in the summer i would say thanks liam watch that door doesnt hit your erse on the way out , seriously there must be a better or as good as a keeper out there for the money hes allegedly onΒ  we can discuss this all nightΒ  but the fact is people on here will defend him to the hilt, but if hees 3rd choice scotland keeper (not in my opinion ) then he should be dealing with these situations, thats probs another reason sk wont drop him, incase it puts hisΒ  scotland career oot the window, anyway nuff said bout him , time will tell,Β  thank you

9 minutes ago, Dossertillidie2 said:

From what I have been told OX is worse than kelly. Which prob explains why he has never had a look in under the last 2 managers.

Β 

i hope not though as it’s time for a change between the sticks

seconded

6 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

I feel really sorry for Kelly and he's far from my favourite playerΒ 

Kelly is one of our highest earners, if not the highest earner, and our captain. That brings certain expectations and responsibilities which he is unable to fulfill. He should be leading by example, not conceding poor goals and generally being ineffective .

If ever there was a time to drop him it's now.