β€‹πŸ†β€‹SC Greenock Morton v Motherwell 09/02/2024

SteelmaninOZ

1 hour ago, MJC said:

The whole club is stagnant and directionless and there is a great deal apathy surrounding everything just now and that’s been the case for a good few years now.Β 
Β 

As a club we have zero ambition and a gutless yellow streak which results in our dismal cup performances, in my opinion. The other night was no surprise whatsoever, just like Raith Rovers a year ago today wasn’t either. And let me be clear here. I am not expecting us to win Cup competitions but i would prefer it if we didn’t whimper out early the minute we are paired with a fellow top flight side or mid to high table Championship team as we do all too often.
Β 

Basically the extent of our β€˜ambition’ these days appears to be to be less shite than the shitfest two teams in the division and hope we can avoid relegation, anything else is a bonus. We are always skint, as the club constantly ram down our throats the product on the park reflects this.Β 
Β 

I don’t know what the plan is. I don’t even know if there is anyone in place to put a long term plan in place but it just feels like we trundle along until the year we are eventually relegated, and when that happens we will almost certainly be looking at part time football.

Sad times.

What a load of rubbish, one of the longest teams in the Spl, would you rather be a Hibs, Dundee, Dundee utd, Kilmarnock, Rangers etc,. Its a fan owned club which relies on player sales rather than some daft rich tit, ie, Boyle throwing his tax relief at a tream. You either support the team through thick and thin, or post your usual drivel, which no doubt u will.Β 

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, dennyc said:

Talking of an angry man! Maybe you should check your facts.

Like him or loathe him, Imrie's record at Morton is decent. Since taking charge in late 2021 he led them clear of probable relegation and then missed the play offs last season on goal difference. Currently in a play off position on a good unbeaten run. Numerous Manager of the Month awards and a win % in excess of 40. In a League where his budget is way below the majority of his opposition. And the team he coaches has just deservedly beaten a team from the Division above. As I said previously, credit where credit's due.

And wee are a premier league team and Morton aren't, soo what's your point.???Β 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Can I check my understanding of what you said Dougie? More on me than you. You're saying the manager got his tactics pretty much spot on and that his team selection, with the exception of Miller, and substitutions was pretty fine as well. The players couldn't or wouldn't (we don't know which) follow out his instructions.Β 

They didn't and if you listened to his late post match interview clearly they didn't. But cup upsets happen and unfortunately ours was the only one.Β 

13 minutes ago, Wee Dougie said:

Brilliant hide your reply, with an emoji!!!. Just don't quantify it.Β 

To make it simple for you.

Your feelings towards Imrie are blinding you to the fact that he is doing a decent job with limited resources. As the facts you are keen to tell folk to check confirm. I think my original post made that perfectly clear.

Perhaps you would like to address those facts....or deny them if you like.

4 minutes ago, dennyc said:

To make it simple for you.

Your feelings towards Imrie are blinding you to the fact that he is doing a decent job with limited resources. As the facts you are keen to tell folk to check confirm. I think my original post made that perfectly clear.

Perhaps you would like to address those facts....or deny them if you like.

Yes to address them, Kettlewell is doing a decent job with very very limited resources, but as I said we are a premier league team and Morton aren't, let's see who are still a premier league team at the end of the season and who are still championship mid table. Ad someone once said, one swallow doesn't make a summer, but unfortunately we were Mortons summer. You really need to get real.!!!Β 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

I've had 46 years of moving on , it's water off a ducks back within a day. I'm as close to chucking as I've ever been. I am seriously bored watching this year on year whinge about being skint , year on year fuck ups in Cups, year on year having to rebuild from loan deals every 6 months. I seriously question what would I miss.

Β 

Β It's OK when you are young there is an air of excitement about it all but as you get older and see the same script year on year the attraction diminishes, well thats how I feel, maybe some other who started watching us in the 1970s still get the excitement.Β 

Just going to clarify that I wasn't trying to diminish anyone else's experience. I first went to see Motherwell in 1979 and regularly since 1987. But I stand by it. We move on. Nothing else we can do. I completely understand if people are close to throwing in the towel. I get it. I'm poor and I sacrifice other things to go and watch my team. We all have to do what's right for ourselves.Β 

8 minutes ago, Wee Dougie said:

Yes to address them, Kettlewell is doing a decent job with very very limited resources, but as I said we are a premier league team and Morton aren't, let's see who are still a premier league team at the end of the season and who are still championship mid table. Ad someone once said, one swallow doesn't make a summer, but unfortunately we were Mortons summer. You really need to get real.!!!Β 

I'll make it even simpler then.

Imrie is doing a decent job. Address that fact. You have not come anywhere close to that.

I never mentioned Kettlewell. You did.

Β 

3 minutes ago, dennyc said:

Imrie is doing a decent job. Address that fact. You have not come anywhere close to that.

Β 

Wonder what he would say if he knew that Imrie applied for the Motherwell job after Alexander left.πŸ€”

16 minutes ago, santheman said:

Wonder what he would say if he knew that Imrie applied for the Motherwell job after Alexander left.πŸ€”

I would say thank F, he didn't get it. Morton are a championship team, we are premier league, as I eluded, come back at the end of the season. If anyone on here thinks Dougie Imrie would have been a better choice than Kettlewell , then they need a good look in the mirror. He has a 28,25 and 36% win rate in the CHAMPIONSHIP to date. I'll say no more about it till the end of the season. But to finish, we will still be in the Premier league and Morton will still be in the championship, but thanking us for the finances to keep them going.Β 

21 minutes ago, santheman said:

Maybe he will be next man up. The meltdown would be magnificent. Maybe worth it just for that.

On a serious note, Ian Murray was a suggestion of a good few at one time. And maybe still is.Β  Imrie is currently performing better than him and they could well meet in the playoffs. On a less serious note, imagine if we were then to play Morton for our Premiership survival!

33 minutes ago, dennyc said:

Β 

I'm sure he is but I'm a Motherwell fan. I don't care about him. That's not me being disrespectful to your post. I have zero interest in ImrieΒ 

3 minutes ago, Wee Dougie said:

I would say thank F, he didn't get it. Morton are a championship team, we are premier league, as I eluded, come back at the end of the season. If anyone on here thinks Dougie Imrie would have been a better choice than Kettlewell , then they need a good look in the mirror. He has a 28,25 and 36% win rate in the CHAMPIONSHIP to date. I'll say no more about it till the end of the season. But to finish, we will still be in the Premier league and Morton will still be in the championship, but thanking us for the finances to keep them going.Β 

I'll back Kettlewell to the end.Β 

7 minutes ago, dennyc said:

Maybe he will be next man up. The meltdown would be magnificent. Maybe worth it just for that.

On a serious note, Ian Murray was a suggestion of a good few at one time. And maybe still is.Β  Imrie is currently performing better than him and they could well meet in the playoffs. On a less serious note, imagine if we were then to play Morton for our Premiership survival!

Never going to happen this season, as we will not be in the play offs and Morton will not be in the top 4 of the championship. COYW!!!.Β 

5 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

I'm sure he is but I'm a Motherwell fan. I don't care about him. That's not me being disrespectful to your post. I have zero interest in ImrieΒ 

No problem. I have no interest in him either other than he manages a lower league team that just turfed us out of the Scottish Cup. He deserves credit for that. I was not suggesting he was a better Manager than Kettlewell or should replace him, as another poster appears to think. From what you have posted I think we are on the same page re Kettlewell ........and Kelly for that matter.

Just now, dennyc said:

No problem. I have no interest in him either other than he manages a lower league team that just turfed us out of the Scottish Cup. He deserves credit for that. I was not suggesting he was a better Manager than Kettlewell or should replace him, as another poster appears to think. From what you have posted I think we are on the same page re Kettlewell ........and Kelly for that matter.

Yeah. Of course he deserves credit. They were on a very decent run when they beat us. I didn't think for a minute we were just going to turn up and win.Β 

Just a sore one really.Β 

17 minutes ago, Wee Dougie said:

I don't think anyone suggested Imrie is a managerial great or that he should've replaced Alexander. But Morton got the better of us on Friday and they're the only non Premier team left in the cup. Obviously, his players followed the instructions they were given.

12 hours ago, wellgirl said:

I'm really loving the fact that you've just called me young given that I'll I was born in 1969... Just typed that rather than say what age ill be on Tuesday πŸ˜‚. In my defence it's also my wee brothers birthday next week and he's ten years younger than me so if he's a kid so am I!!! (That's my defence and Im sticking to it).Β 

Β 

Sorry, didn't spot that in your previous comments. I thought your injuries came from youthful moshing.

At least you should be safe at FP: not many people and those nice  yellow lines at the step edges,  which I find particularly helpful 🀣.

All the best with your studies onnyhoo.

Our next run of games hardly fills me with enthusiasm in terms of us picking up points.

Aberdeen (a)

Hearts (a)

Celtic (h)

Livingston (a)

Rangers (a)

Aberdeen (h)

I think this run of games will determine whether we’ll still be in the top flight come the end of the season.

Imrie got the better of Kettlewell the other night, but I don't think either is better. Both have pretty crap win percentages suggesting neither seems suited to the Premiership at this early stage of their respective careers.

3 hours ago, El Grew said:

Our next run of games hardly fills me with enthusiasm in terms of us picking up points.

Aberdeen (a)

Hearts (a)

Celtic (h)

Livingston (a)

Rangers (a)

Aberdeen (h)

I think this run of games will determine whether we’ll still be in the top flight come the end of the season.

I think 4 from that run , max.

24 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

I think 4 from that run , max.

Four from a possible eighteen is probably about right, but also awful. However, we're averaging 1.04 points per game, so perhaps we could expect 6-7 points from this run.Β