Aberdeen v Motherwell 14/02/2024

SteelmaninOZ

1 minute ago, wellgirl said:

He played very well when we drew 1-1 with Celtic in November. I agree he's got his faults and his weak points but I don't think he's as bad as some people are suggesting. I think it's been obvious when he's lost confidence. Not just him either.

I might regret typing this given that we have a game tonight. 

For sure he's a confidence player.  He did get us a few points when on form. Will be tough game tonight. 

2 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

He played very well when we drew 1-1 with Celtic in November. I agree he's got his faults and his weak points but I don't think he's as bad as some people are suggesting. I think it's been obvious when he's lost confidence. Not just him either.

I've been critical of kelly this season,none more so than after friday night but like you say his confidence is gone,we all know he's capable of better as we have seen it especially when he first joined us.the goalkeeper position is more of a conundrum than any other,do we drop kelly for a guy that we know nothing about or hope that kelly can turn his form around,I personally think kettlewell will stick with Kelly,let's hope we're on here tonight praising him after a win.

2 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

Anyone got link to match? Video or even radio link? When I tried red TV it was asking for fan account.

I think you can register for one same as you do with MFCtv.

I had a few accounts during the Covid season. 

Not sure if Aberdeen is one of them but I will check.

3 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I think you can register for one same as you do with MFCtv.

I had a few accounts during the Covid season. 

Not sure if Aberdeen is one of them but I will check.

Yup.

Works fine!

31 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

He was very good last season. Has been below the standards he set this season. To the extent that is why some of the fan base are understandably questioning if it is time for him to be given a rest

Playing 8 a sides tonight so won't see football. Probably just as well as got absolutely no enthusiasm for tonight.  The negativity since Morton has really just put me in a mood and I honestly can't see us getting anything tonight but love to be proved wrong.

If Kelly has another howler tonight then SK really has a decision to make as ultimately he risks his own job.  Though I will say again if not for Kelly 3yrs ago we would already be in championship.

COYW

6 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Good to see him going 2 up top.  Devine looked good on Friday so let's see what he brings.   Surprised Butcher starts, he was brutal on Friday and I fear him up against Miovski 

COYW

I've seen a few people say they thought Devine was good on Friday but I certainly didn't see it. Might be willing to go forward faster than SOD but don't fancy him defensively. We'll see. Be more than happy if I'm wrong 🙂

Maybe Devine will be the 'answer to everything'. (There's a wee gag for those of a certain age 🙂 )

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

I've seen a few people say they thought Devine was good on Friday but I certainly didn't see it. Might be willing to go forward faster than SOD but don't fancy him defensively. We'll see. Be more than happy if I'm wrong 🙂

Maybe Devine will be the 'answer to everything'. (There's a wee gag for those of a certain age 🙂 )

🤣🤣.   To be fair it was his first appearance for us.  Need to see more of him but certainly highly rated at Rangers . 4th game in 11 days so makes sense to rest SOD

10 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

You don't fancy devine, based on??

Fair enough, he wasn't on for long but he looked a bit lost to me, but obviously others saw different. I'd have been less inclined to give him a debut in a game where we're liable to face a bit of pressure in a vital game against our closest competitor.

if the boy has a decent game (I do expect him to be bolder than SOD going forward) i'll be first to come on here and admit that I talk pish 🙂 Hopefully it won't be Cryin' Time (Right, thats the last Sydney Devine reference of the night).

38 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Surprised Butcher starts, he was brutal on Friday and I fear him up against Miovski

Good to some changes, including the introduction of Vale. Like you surprised that Butcher had retained his place. Please keep it on the deck Well, if at all possible. 

14 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

Fair enough, he wasn't on for long but he looked a bit lost to me, but obviously others saw different. I'd have been less inclined to give him a debut in a game where we're liable to face a bit of pressure in a vital game against our closest competitor.

if the boy has a decent game (I do expect him to be bolder than SOD going forward) i'll be first to come on here and admit that I talk pish 🙂 Hopefully it won't be Cryin' Time (Right, thats the last Sydney Devine reference of the night).

There was a few times on Fri I thought he took the safe option, but tbf did well for the goal, and I thought he looked comfortable on the ball in both cameos, I guess time will tell.

Buyaba is highly rated at Sheff Utd (according to someone I know at SU), explosive pace and he did have our first attempt at goal on Fri!

37 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

Ok, you obviously have steak and kidneys back catalogue there...I won't judge you tho 😂