Aberdeen v Motherwell 14/02/2024

SteelmaninOZ

3 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

I thought so too, but last night showed how useless it is. The confirmation of an offside call, surely the most basic, human error free task it was designed to carry out, ends up looking like somebody used an Etch-a-sketch to make the decision, followed by another example of person or persons taking an eternity to see some things and miss others.

It seems the authorities are admitting they are not getting it right with VAR

Big increase in wrong VAR calls, finds review panel - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68306579

We get mentioned twice

12 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

It seems the authorities are admitting they are not getting it right with VAR

Big increase in wrong VAR calls, finds review panel - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68306579

We get mentioned twice

It seems my understanding of the VAR is not correct. I thought they would review all goals and penalties for any obvious refereeing errors. If any doubts then the ref and VAR team would review video and ref would make the final decision. I notice in the article that they said several times no VAR review should have been recommended. The scary thing is that when they reviewed it they were all getting it wrong!!! 

31 minutes ago, Electric Blues said:

Both those errors worked in our favour, as it happens, but they can still fire VAR into the sun as far as I'm concerned.

Of course the BBC is very selective as to which examples they print.

18 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I agree. Feels like an extended trial. Otherwise why sign Devine and put him straight into the team? 

probs a bit of both joe

bring him in on 3 bob a week till season end, access him in training and bounce games if he turns out nb then he gets a deal if not the door hits his erse on the way out,  keep in under wraps and in a cupboard away from st midden and the other player stealers, then bring him out after a good pre season

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Big Stall said:

Leaving aside the RL stuff that has happened to you or what has went on elsewhere, i think you are over-thinking this place.

You are clearly on one side of the spectrum - SK is trying hard/SOD is a lovely guy/Slattery is a great player etc etc. That is your opinion and that is completley fine. You have every right to it & folks have a right to disagree. 

Where you are wrong however is that the boo boys are the only opinion tolerated. Have a look at the responses Steelboy, Yodo & MJC get and you will see there are plenty giving them it tight.

Its a fans football forum and we dont all see things the same way. It shouldnt be an echo chamber for boo boys or happy clappers. When people post on a discussion forum they should expect to be challdnged.

The one thing i would say is that if people are sending you PMs that are trying to chase you off or threaten or upset you in any way, report it to the mods. That behaviour shouldnt be tollerated.

big stall     in my opinion     steelboy yodo and MJC are the same guy   :):)

12 hours ago, Big Stall said:

The one thing i would say is that if people are sending you PMs that are trying to chase you off or threaten or upset you in any way, report it to the mods. That behaviour shouldnt be tollerated.

It won't be, however between when Flow left and I took over I disabled the monitoring of DMs immediately. 

If someone is sending DMs that are inappropriate in any way, let us know and we'll deal with it.

• Like 3

Only our deluded lords and masters could paint the recent VAR appraisal  as positive. "Adding value and accuracy". Farcical.  They are treating the fans like fools. I, too, welcomed it but now just wish it gone.

Adding to that the response to the challenge by the rebel six, and it is so obvious the Authorities are circling the wagons. In any other industry they would have been binned long ago for incompetence.

But nothing changes

• Like 2

I personally don't understand VAR. Its supposed to deal with referee errors but it seems like it's making more. I also know that sometimes it goes for you and sometimes not but that's not really a consolation. Like nothing worse than an onside goal being chopped off. Needs chucked. (won't be though I think ). 

2 hours ago, numpty said:

They printed all 13 of the errors that the review panel found. What did they miss out?

Happy to correct my error. I misread the BBC statistics. 

I do wonder though that if the panel had reviewed last night's events what they would have made of them. 

1 hour ago, wellgirl said:

I personally don't understand VAR. Its supposed to deal with referee errors but it seems like it's making more. I also know that sometimes it goes for you and sometimes not but that's not really a consolation. 

I don't either. I wonder if the powers that be review refereeing decisions that should have been subject to VAR but were not. 

3 hours ago, smiddy said:

big stall     in my opinion     steelboy yodo and MJC are the same guy   :):)

I have to stick my neck out here and say I don't think MJC is yodo or steelboy. I think steelboy has a certain style of posting. Tbh I may regret saying this but I don't think steelboy is the worst. It's just that so many of his posts just seems like he doesn't like the club - when that probably isn't the case. It's just exasperation like we all go through. 

20 hours ago, wellgirl said:

I have to stick my neck out here and say I don't think MJC is yodo or steelboy. I think steelboy has a certain style of posting. Tbh I may regret saying this but I don't think steelboy is the worst. It's just that so many of his posts just seems like he doesn't like the club - when that probably isn't the case. It's just exasperation like we all go through. 

i only joke when i say the 3 muscateers are 1   :):)