Aberdeen v Motherwell 14/02/2024

SteelmaninOZ

33 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

I'd move him on. He's infinitely replaceable at a lot less than we are paying him. Ive heard folk say

I agree. At the end of the season thank him for his service and say goodbye. Bring in a big goalie who can command his area. That then takes pressure of the rest of the defence and gives us more flexibility.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Big Stall said:

Theres absolutley nothing wrong with having an opinion. The point is that goal keepers do get dropped when form dips

I think keepers are the last players to get dropped when their form drops. Carson didn't get dropped by Dundee after they lost a few games on the bounce. And to be honest there are other players I think Kettlewell could also have dropped but he hasn't. His call clearly 

2 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I agree. At the end of the season thank him for his service and say goodbye. Bring in a big goalie who can command his area. That then takes pressure of the rest of the defence and gives us more flexibility.

I think Kelly for all his faults has done a decent job over the piece for us. More than decent 

39 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

I'd move him on. He's infinitely replaceable at a lot less than we are paying him. Ive heard folk say

"if we want a chance of Euro money he needs to play for a chance of being picked,  if he's dropped there is zero chance of being picked".

I don't really go for that because the amount of money isn't earth shattering, so I'm rather perplexed why he isn't dropped.

Well I got rinsed on here for suggesting that Kelly was one of our highest paid players. 

27 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Well I got rinsed on here for suggesting that Kelly was one of our highest paid players. 

You got deservedly rinsed for posting a completely fictional list of player wages that gave some ridiculous numbers (if I recall correctly our backup keeper was our third highest paid player or something) and insisting over and over again it was factual.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

You got deservedly rinsed for posting a completely fictional list of player wages that gave some ridiculous numbers (if I recall correctly our backup keeper was our third highest paid player or something) and insisting over and over again it was factual.

I did not post a list of players wages. I spoke about Kelly and Kelly only and said I thought he was our highest paid player. The poster who posted a list of players wages absolutely was not me.  Sorry. But you've got the wrong person. I dont have access to any lists. You've got this wrong. 

Completely absurd. Check your facts before you start calling me out on this because someone did it. But it wasn't me ! I got deservedly rinsed for doing something another poster did? No fucking bother. How the actual fuck do I have access to a list of Motherwell players salaries. . I don't. 

48 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

I have to say pal it wasn't wellgirl that made post about the salaries.  Can't remember who but definitely wasn't wellgirl 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

I have to say pal it wasn't wellgirl that made post about the salaries.  Can't remember who but definitely wasn't wellgirl 

Thank you X. Someone posted it but it absolutely was not me. all I ever said was that I thought Kelly was our highest paid player. That was it. And that wasn't from a list 

1 hour ago, GazzyB said:

I have zero idea what Aston gets paid and not once have I alluded to his wages on this platform.

A name search of my posts should evidence that

1 hour ago, GazzyB said:

T'was me who posted the bollocks. See below.

13 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Thank you X. Someone posted it but it absolutely was not me. X all I ever said was that I thought Kelly was our highest paid player. That was it. And that wasn't from a list 

I posted a link to a ridiculous and unevidenced list of player salaries. I can't remember on which thread, but these lists are generally bollocks. This list was my favourite, particularly the supposed £130k per annum for Oxborough. https://salarysport.com/football/scottish-premiership/motherwell/

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

I did not post a list of players wages. I spoke about Kelly and Kelly only and said I thought he was our highest paid player. The poster who posted a list of players wages absolutely was not me.  Sorry. But you've got the wrong person. I dont have access to any lists. You've got this wrong. 

Completely absurd. Check your facts before you start calling me out on this because someone did it. But it wasn't me ! I got deservedly rinsed for doing something another poster did? No fucking bother. How the actual fuck do I have access to a list of Motherwell players salaries. . I don't. 

now now wellgirl, good job weve not got a swear box on here 😁 maybe need one after the aberdeen game ,

42 minutes ago, wellfan said:

T'was me who posted the bollocks. See below.

I posted a link to a ridiculous and unevidenced list of player salaries. I can't remember on which thread, but these lists are generally bollocks. This list was my favourite, particularly the supposed £130k per annum for Oxborough. https://salarysport.com/football/scottish-premiership/motherwell/

Hearts paying Snodgrass €2million per year was a good one. Still dunno how we missed out on him.

9 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

It was me who posted the lists one for Motherwell and one for Groningen in the debate about trying  to resign KVV, on the ins and outs theead i think,yes they were more than likely speculative shite but I suspect the figures won't be that far away from the truth.

37 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Do you get off on mocking other peoples points of view?

Sorry it was meant as a joke. Your right he had some good saves early in career. 1 on 1 s. Reflex saves pretty good and we gained points but well below par at crosses and poor distribution. Teams aware of his failings now.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

Sorry it was meant as a joke. Your right he had some good saves early in career. 1 on 1 s. Reflex saves pretty good and we gained points but well below par at crosses and poor distribution. Teams aware of his failings now.

He played very well when we drew 1-1 with Celtic in November. I agree he's got his faults and his weak points but I don't think he's as bad as some people are suggesting. I think it's been obvious when he's lost confidence. Not just him either.

I might regret typing this given that we have a game tonight. 

• Like 1