Aberdeen v Motherwell 14/02/2024

SteelmaninOZ

12 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Except we got a point and moved up a place in the table. Like. Apparently everything has been the fault of SOD. SOD didn't start tonight and folk on twitter were cheering. I'll take any point right now 

Agree here a point is gd . Regards SOD if he was playing 1st and 3rd for them don't happen imo . Devine was weak at both. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

We are another point clear of Ross Co so that's a positive.   If Kettlewell gives Obika a year extension then he can do one.  

I know there's the option to extend obikas contract,I said it after the morton game grizzly that I hope the sub appearances he gets between now and the end of the season don't automatically trigger a new contract based on a certain number of games played,wasting another wage on him next season will be grim.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gaz7 said:

Agree here a point is gd . Regards SOD if he was playing 1st and 3rd for them don't happen imo . Devine was weak at both. 

I refer the honourable gentleman to what I posted before the game started...........I saw nothing in Devine's cameo on Friday to suggest he could defend. To me he was caught between attacking and defending all the time. Was exactly the same tonight. They had the run of that flank till he went off.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

We are another point clear of Ross Co so that's a positive.   If Kettlewell gives Obika a year extension then he can do one.  

Totally grizzlyg. Can anyone tell me what obika can do now? He is seriously hopeless can't jump run pass shoot control I could go on. We were needing g someone on at that time to run in behind when they were pushing on

• Thanks 1

Just now, mfc said:

I know there's the option to extend obikas contract,I said it after the morton game grizzly that I hope the sub appearances he gets between now and the end of the season don't automatically trigger a new contract based on a certain number of games played,wasting another wage on him next season will be grim.

We have been guilty of extending contracts in the past.  Just my opinion but giving Carroll and McGinley and Maguire extensions was crazy.  Obika contributes nothing and more injury prone than Moult 

2 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

I refer the honourable gentleman to what I posted before the game started...........I saw nothing in Devine's cameo on Friday to suggest he could defend. To me he was caught between attacking and defending all the time. Was exactly the same tonight. They had the run of that flank till he went off.

But he scored also

2 minutes ago, gaz7 said:

Totally grizzlyg. Can anyone tell me what obika can do now? He is seriously hopeless can't jump run pass shoot control I could go on. We were needing g someone on at that time to run in behind when they were pushing on

And he wears gloves and a short sleeved shirt at Cappielow!! Jeez

28 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

I'm sure they are being coached. 

I'll rephrase my original post. Are they being coached properly? Now a poor defensive display is nothing new; it's been evident for months. In the words of none other than Alex McLeish "if the players are being coached properly and they continue to make the same mistakes, then they need moved on". 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grizzlyg said:

But he scored also

Ypu, that can't be denied. I just don't see him as a viable right back option right now, in a relegation fight. If SOD had given them the run of that flank multiple times while jogging back from the half way line as the ball passed him by, he'd be getting pelters on here. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kmcalpin said:

I'll rephrase my original post. Are they being coached properly? Now a poor defensive display is nothing new; it's been evident for months. In the words of none other than Alex McLeish "if the players are being coached properly and they continue to make the same mistakes, then they need moved on". 

That's laughable coming from McLeish......

Just now, AllyMax said:

Ypu, that can't be denied. I just don't see him as a viable right back option right now, in a relegation fight. If SOD had given them the run of that flank multiple times while jogging back from the half way line as the ball passed him by, he'd be getting pelters on here. 

Can't argue with that about SOD, lad takes a ridiculous amount of stick

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

That's fine. No need to rephrase on my account. We can all sit and ask questions as to why we are struggling but ... none of us have the answers 

8 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

We did sign another RWB in Callan Elliot. Oh, wait…

40 minutes ago, santheman said:

Aye think he needs to be taken out of the firing line for a while, get back to basics and try to recover his confidence.

The Ox might be ok but having only seen him play twice in 2 years I'm not even sure if he's any good. Kettlewell seems as if he's not convinced either.

He wasn't convinced with Gent and davor either, how has that turned out.

18 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Who apparently isn't match fit. Seriously. I can no longer be bothered. The negativity on these boards is beyond the pale and if you say anything positive about Motherwell or Kettlewell you get hung out to dry. I'm not taking about you in particular but I've had people taking shots at me for weeks and I've had enough of it. 

Most of it has been relatively civil. Some of it hasn't been. Again. Not talking about you.

It's tough being on here if you like Kettlewell. And it's not worth it. Not for me right now anyway. That's before you get people posting the laughing emoticons on everything you type. See if people want this to be an echo chamber of the we want Kettlewell out - that's where this forum is heading. 

Only one opinion will be tolerated

1 minute ago, well_said said:

The only way we'll find out is if he pitches him into the inferno.

Might be brilliant might be shite but it would be nice to know one way or another.

3 minutes ago, wellfan said:

You've got to be one of the most football ignorant people ever to post on a forum.  Callan Elliot is a young player with no experience of Scottish football who we can look at and possibly develop as a long term prospect (You know, like that shite striker we signed from St Johnstone who Kettlewell should have got sacked for signing).  Throwing him in during a part of the leage season where we're aiming to stay in the league would be suicide. Like SOD or not (and you clearly don't), he's the best and most experienced right back at the club. Admitedly not the most dynamic or fastest going forward, but the best we've currently got. I've never put someone on ignore on a forum before but you are such a dumbfuck, you might just be the first.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AllyMax said:

You've got to be one of the most football ignorant people ever to post on a forum.  Callan Elliot is a young player with no experience of Scottish football who we can look at and possibly develop as a long term prospect (You know, like that shite striker we signed from St Johnstone who Kettlewell should have got sacked for signing).  Throwing him in during a part of the leage season where we're aiming to stay in the league would be suicide. Like SOD or not (and you clearly don't), he's the best and most experienced right back at the club. Admitedly not the most dynamic or fastest going forward, but the best we've currently got. I've never put someone on ignore on a forum before but you are such a dumbfuck, you might just be the first.

Elliot is one we will monitor and if he looks a prospect will get a deal in the summer.  I doubt he is on a big wage so it's worth a punt to see if any good

14 minutes ago, well_said said:

But they weren't READY for first team football... and he only put them in when they were ready, it was actually really really good man management by Kettlewell.

Or some other shite like that.

10 minutes ago, santheman said:

The only way we'll find out is if he pitches him into the inferno.

Might be brilliant might be shite but it would be nice to know one way or another.

Davor got pitched in in the St Mirren cup tie and wasn't up to speed. Gent was making sub appearances until he got up to speed. Players need time to adjust, especially the more inexperienced ones. 

2 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

Playing devils advocate because we’ve not seen the guy play…

If he's not fit, can’t be thrown into a relegation battle and SK still thought we needed another right back after signing him, then I’d also be inclined to question his signing at this stage. 

(He may well come good) 

• Like 3