Aberdeen v Motherwell 14/02/2024

SteelmaninOZ

2 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

Davor got pitched in in the St Mirren cup tie and wasn't up to speed. Gent was making sub appearances until he got up to speed. Players need time to adjust, especially the more inexperienced ones. 

Completely agree. And I think it's testament to Kettlewell how well both are doing right now. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Elliot is one we will monitor and if he looks a prospect will get a deal in the summer.  I doubt he is on a big wage so it's worth a punt to see if any good

Agreed. Some of the roasters on here would just pitch him straight in cause its fashionable to say SOD is shit

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

You've got to be one of the most football ignorant people ever to post on a forum.  Callan Elliot is a young player with no experience of Scottish football who we can look at and possibly develop as a long term prospect (You know, like that shite striker we signed from St Johnstone who Kettlewell should have got sacked for signing).  Throwing him in during a part of the leage season where we're aiming to stay in the league would be suicide. Like SOD or not (and you clearly don't), he's the best and most experienced right back at the club. Admitedly not the most dynamic or fastest going forward, but the best we've currently got. I've never put someone on ignore on a forum before but you are such a dumbfuck, you might just be the first.

I think you've failed to understand my sarcastic comment or read my previous posts on Elliot, as I know he isn't fit because he hasn't played since summer and is, therefore, likely a project. Who's the ignorant dumbfuck now? Not me. 

My view is that a January window is for signing starters (like defenders) to help a struggling team immediately. It's not a time for signing projects, or unfit and injured players just because we can. 

Also, take your personal abuse elsewhere and bile yer heid while you're at it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just saw in the highlights that Bair was holding his hamstring at the final whistle. Hope thats not an injury that keeps him out.

37 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Too much. Way too much. Including getting booed when he comes on the pitch 

me again wellgirl, i come in piece, i agree with you 100% on this, never boo your own player on or off it destroys confidence, and yes he might not be getting any younger, and maybe leggy, but the guys got scotland caps and what you loose in your legs you never loose in your brain you cant buy experience. duk was there top performer and kettlewell brought on SOD to basically nulify him , and by the way i am by no means his biggest fan

1 minute ago, smiddy said:

me again wellgirl, i come in piece, i agree with you 100% on this, never boo your own player on or off it destroys confidence, and yes he might not be getting any younger, and maybe leggy, but the guys got scotland caps and what you loose in your legs you never loose in your brain you cant buy experience. duk was there top performer and kettlewell brought on SOD to basically nulify him , and by the way i am by no means his biggest fan

Absolutely this. I never boo players and I never boo managers. You don't boo your own. SOD for some reason has just been to easy a target over quite a long period of time. 

Same with folk on social media saying Slattery is as slow as a week in jail. Like come on now. Like seriously nothing is good enough for some fans and I mean nothing. 

22 minutes ago, wellfan said:

I think you've failed to understand my sarcastic comment or read my previous posts on Elliot, as I know he isn't fit because he hasn't played since summer and is, therefore, likely a project. Who's the ignorant dumbfuck now? Not me. 

My view is that a January window is for signing starters (like defenders) to help a struggling team immediately. It's not a time for signing projects, or unfit and injured players just because we can. 

Also, take your personal abuse elsewhere and bile yer heid while you're at it. 

How is he a project? Like. When Bair signed he was apparently a project according to some fans. What makes Elliot one? 

Is it normal to play Wednesday then Saturday? 

should that Hearts game not be on Sunday? 

Anyway we are above the Dons and they spent a fucking fortune, it’s not all bad!

Also is that us not unbeaten in the league for 7 games? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, johnstone said:

Is it normal to play Wednesday then Saturday? 

should that Hearts game not be on Sunday? 

Anyway we are above the Dons and they spent a fucking fortune, it’s not all bad!

Also is that us not unbeaten in the league for 7 games? 

Of course it's not all bad! Well said 

Lost so many points due to the failure of not being able to see it out to the final whistle we be nailed on certs for the top 6 if they could have just screwed the fucking nut a bit.Its like they shit bricks and lose all focus.

Ma baws were just healing after Fridays mess they have been re bruised with that kick in the haw Maws.

I think Kelly needs to be dropped sadly for the teams and his own benefit.I would fling the Ox in for next two games which we are not expected to get anything out of see what happens.

44 minutes ago, smiddy said:

It's fine pal. I'm a huge SOD fan and always will be. He's a lovely guy. So nice to all the kids at the calendar signing 

2 hours ago, Chanzeypopz said:

Agreed, Surprised Miovski didnt score tonight, He has been banging them in for fun lately

Aberdeen are that decent they lost 3-0 at home to St Mirren, they are 9th in the league after 25 games, Aberdeen are pish , they have conceded as many goals as us this season, they have  a quality striker and very little else.  Shocking to lose a three goal lead to that Aberdeen team. 

4 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Aberdeen are that decent they lost 3-0 at home to St Mirren, they are 9th in the league after 25 games, Aberdeen are pish , they have conceded as many goals as us this season, they have  a quality striker and very little else.  Shocking to lose a three goal lead to that Aberdeen team. 

Well we did. So we need to get over it 

2 hours ago, real dosser said:

Okay we gave away a 3 goal lead but we didn't lose and move up a place in the table. Defence not the best in the league but big Bevis  didn't give the superstar striker a look in. He had one chance in the game and his hair was given offside by the picture which was inconclusive according to the Dons commentator. 

I though that was yet another ridiculous comment from the fud in the commentary box.

Well yes, his hair is stuck to his head so of course it can be offside as his head is a body part that can be used to score a goal.

1 hour ago, Mootherwell86 said:

Playing devils advocate because we’ve not seen the guy play…

If he's not fit, can’t be thrown into a relegation battle and SK still thought we needed another right back after signing him, then I’d also be inclined to question his signing at this stage. 

(He may well come good) 

Hope he does 

Would have taken a point before the game, but that really is a disappointing capitulation at 3-0 up.

Our game management is shocking and we seem to lose the same types of goal over and over again.

Im not sure if its uncertainty over Kelly, lack of communication or just a lack of desire to take responsibility to defend your area, but the goals we lose always seem to be really poor.

That said, we played some really good football at times, scored some good goals, and might have sneaked it at the end if hadnt been for a stupid push by Butcher.

Thought Vale looked a real handful on his first start. Has a good first touch and a bit of pace. Looking forward to seeing how he develops.

Gent and Devine were both very good going forward, not so good coming back the way, particularly Devine who got a bit of a roasting from Duk. It was pretty pleasing that Duk didnt get much of a sniff after SOD came on after Stevie Tosh dissed him so much on coming on.

It was the only sub that SK made that I really agreed with. Bringing Nicholson on I guess made sense, but I wouldnt have taken Davor off as it left us weaker at the back. Obika for Vale was also such a poor substutution as it rendered 2 up front practically useless due to Obika having no pace whatsoever.

I get Vale had run his race and is still short of match fitness, but I didnt feel any of our subs (other than SOD) improved what was happening on the park.

Overall, we have kept our noses ahead of Aberdeen, gone above Hibs and gained a point on Ross County. Not the worst day at the office. Just could have been so much better.

1 hour ago, wellgirl said:

How is he a project? Like. When Bair signed he was apparently a project according to some fans. What makes Elliot one? 

Yes, I think he is a project. I can't explain his signing in any other way.  Its a huge step up from antipodean football and as we all know, he hasn't played for months.  So, with the best will in the world, he's not going to get gametime for a good few weeks, if not a month or two. He's only signed until the summer, so he doesn't have much time to make an impact and impress. I guess if he does make the first team before season's end and is not up to scratch then we haven't lost much. However, if he does seem like the real deal then he'll be off elsewhere like Dundee, Kilmarnock or Paisley. The only win win situation that I can foresee is if he's a notch above ok - in other words he's not bad but not good enough to be snapped up by circling predators. Its possible though that he impresses in training and is kept under wraps but even then others will know all about him. An........interesting signing shall we say.

1 minute ago, Kmcalpin said:

Yes, I think he is a project. I can't explain his signing in any other way.  Its a huge step up from antipodean football and as we all know, he hasn't played for months.  So, with the best will in the world, he's not going to get gametime for a good few weeks, if not a month or two. He's only signed until the summer, so he doesn't have much time to make an impact and impress. I guess if he does make the first team before season's end and is not up to scratch then we haven't lost much. However, if he does seem like the real deal then he'll be off elsewhere like Dundee, Kilmarnock or Paisley. The only win win situation that I can foresee is if he's a notch above ok - in other words he's not bad but not good enough to be snapped up by circling predators. Its possible though that he impresses in training and is kept under wraps but even then others will know all about him. An........interesting signing shall we say.

I agree. Feels like an extended trial. Otherwise why sign Devine and put him straight into the team?