Motherwell v Celtic 25/02/2024

SteelmaninOZ

21 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Is there any reason - legally or otherwise - why the club can't charge away supporters more than home supporters? Something the club should consider for those smelly bastards and the teddy bears too.

Probably we aren't allowed to. Pretty sure other fans have damaged the seats in the south stand also. Maybe Hibs fans from recollection. I could be wrong but I don't think it's just rangers and Celtic fans who have damaged the seats in that stand. 

1 hour ago, El Grew said:

As far as the damages in the away stand are concerned it’s not the first time they’ve done this and the club should  report it to the SPFL and the SFA and ensure Celtic FC are charged for all repair and replacement costs. Then in future the club should:

1) Refuse to admit Celtic fans to Fir Park; or

2) Reduce their allocation to a rump; or/and

3) Add a premium to the price of their tickets.

Away club is responsible for any damage caused by their fans.

Rule H40

In the event that any damage shall be caused to the fabric of a Home Ground or 
Neutral Venue, including any fixtures and fittings and/or the pitch, by the supporters 
of the Visiting Club or, in the case of such a Neutral Venue, the supporters of either 
Club participating in the relevant match, on the occasion of an Official Match then 
the Visiting Club in the case of such damage to the fabric of the ground, of a Home 
Club or, as the case may be, the Club whose supporters causing or who have caused
any such damage to a Neutral Venue, shall, if and only if directed by the Board and 
subject to the relevant Maximum Aggregate Amounts Payable set out in Rule H42,
be obliged to compensate the Home Club, Neutral Venue owner or, where the 
Company has to any extent compensated or be obliged to compensate a Neutral 
Venue owner, the Company, in the costs and/or expense and/or liability reasonably 
incurred or to be incurred by the Home Club, Neutral Venue owner and/or Company 
in repairing and making good such damage.

26 minutes ago, santheman said:

Away club is responsible for any damage caused by their fans.

Rule H40

In the event that any damage shall be caused to the fabric of a Home Ground or 
Neutral Venue, including any fixtures and fittings and/or the pitch, by the supporters 
of the Visiting Club or, in the case of such a Neutral Venue, the supporters of either 
Club participating in the relevant match, on the occasion of an Official Match then 
the Visiting Club in the case of such damage to the fabric of the ground, of a Home 
Club or, as the case may be, the Club whose supporters causing or who have caused
any such damage to a Neutral Venue, shall, if and only if directed by the Board and 
subject to the relevant Maximum Aggregate Amounts Payable set out in Rule H42,
be obliged to compensate the Home Club, Neutral Venue owner or, where the 
Company has to any extent compensated or be obliged to compensate a Neutral 
Venue owner, the Company, in the costs and/or expense and/or liability reasonably 
incurred or to be incurred by the Home Club, Neutral Venue owner and/or Company 
in repairing and making good such damage.

Thanks for this santheman. That covers the reparations side of things. Now what about refusing to admit their fans/only admit a token few/put a premium on their tickets?

I assume we can refuse them admission as both they and their bigot brothers have been doing that to each other recently.

1 hour ago, wellgirl said:

Probably we aren't allowed to. Pretty sure other fans have damaged the seats in the south stand also. Maybe Hibs fans from recollection. I could be wrong but I don't think it's just rangers and Celtic fans who have damaged the seats in that stand. 

Not just because of the damage, generally speaking I mean. Just off the top of my head if the club were allowed to charge uglies fans an extra fiver per lice-ridden head then that would be £22,500 more in gate receipts. The McLean Stand holds 4,500 I think?

Other away fans can pay the same as the home fans as there are significantly less of them, they have further to travel and they're slightly less odious so we'd want to encourage them to come to Fir Park.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Not just because of the damage, generally speaking I mean. Just off the top of my head if the club were allowed to charge uglies fans an extra fiver per lice-ridden head then that would be £22,500 more in gate receipts. The McLean Stand holds 4,500 I think?

Other away fans can pay the same as the home fans as there are significantly less of them, they have further to travel and they're slightly less odious so we'd want to encourage them to come to Fir Park.

I dont pay at the gate these days but is a game the same price no matter who we play if someone was paying cash all season round ? From recollection it maybe used to fluctuate a bit. 

Apparently according to some Motherwell fans on twitter there were Celtic fans in our end. Nothing new but surely that needs to be stopped. I know it's hard to stop in practice. Particularly as we have empty seats in our stands and people can buy online 

26 minutes ago, El Grew said:

On an other topic, Where did all the added time today come from?  There were 4 minutes added at the end of the first half and 7 minutes at the end of the 2nd half. That’s 11 extra minutes. I don’t recall any lengthy stops.

One or two injuries in the first half  and several VAR calls, and one goal.

Second half - 9 subs, 3 goals an injury, timewasting (Kelly), VAR calls and excessive Celtic goal celebrations. 

2 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

One or two injuries in the first half  and several VAR calls, and one goal.

Second half - 9 subs, 3 goals an injury, timewasting (Kelly), VAR calls and excessive Celtic goal celebrations. 

Var really needs to get in the bin 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

Is there any reason - legally or otherwise - why the club can't charge away supporters more than home supporters? Something the club should consider for those smelly bastards and the teddy bears too.

My recollection is that clubs have to charge the same amount to all supporters for "comparable" seating... i.e. similar view, facilities, legroom, etc. I'm sure we could make an argument that the south stand is the best we have and charge more for it, but no doubt other clubs would suddenly discover that their away fans' facilities were better too, and our travelling support would pay the price.

Much like corkage, I think we would be justified in charging them a breakage supplement or a scum tax until it stops happening. They, and other fans who engage in antisocial behaviour regularly, are an utter disgrace and are dangerous. For these reasons, I and many others never go to Rangers or Celtic games anymore. These scumbags don't just cause unrest at football matches; they need to be removed from society in one way or another. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Damage looks to be in section where Green Brigade were, shockeroonie!.  Until Sellik take a stand against them then they will just continue.

Celtic tried that already and they shat the bed and welcomed them back with open arms.

1 hour ago, wellfan said:

Much like corkage, I think we would be justified in charging them a breakage supplement or a scum tax until it stops happening.

We effectively do; they have to pay for all the damage, which they wouldn't have to if they stopped it happening. They just don't appear to be willing or able to stop it happening.

2 minutes ago, numpty said:

We effectively do; they have to pay for all the damage, which they wouldn't have to if they stopped it happening. They just don't appear to be willing or able to stop it happening.

You can understand why though. If they banned the culprits, it would save them a few grand in repair costs. However  they'd lose much much more in ticket/commercial sales as diehards took the huff. 

Having read the responses concerning the damages to seating in the away stand yesterday I have concluded that the club should advise Celtic FC that in future they will not receive any tickets when they play at Fir Park.

I recognise that this will cost the club revenue but I think that’s better than the “just suck it up they’re paying for the damages” argument.

I’m sick and tired of seeing the rest of Scottish football kowtow to this lot and their fellow bigots from Ibrox.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, El Grew said:

As far as the damages in the away stand are concerned it’s not the first time they’ve done this and the club should  report it to the SPFL and the SFA and ensure Celtic FC are charged for all repair and replacement costs. Then in future the club should:

1) Refuse to admit Celtic fans to Fir Park; or

2) Reduce their allocation to a rump; or/and

3) Add a premium to the price of their tickets.

You could argue that we already add a premium as its a category A match which means the prices are higher than a normal category B.

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/tickets/fir-park-entry-prices/

Unfortunately it also applies to home tickets as well so it seems we cannot charge away fans more rhan home fans. Whether that's an SPFL rule or a gentleman's agreement between clubs I don't know.

1 minute ago, santheman said:

You could argue that we already add a premium as its a category A match which means the prices are higher than a normal category B.

Unfortunately it also applies to home tickets as well so it seems we cannot charge away fans more rhan home fans. Whether that's an SPFL rule or a gentleman's agreement between clubs I don't know.

It's SPFL rules, away fans need to be charged the same as Home fans for similar areas.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, santheman said:

Thanks santheman. That settles it for me - ban the b*stards. They already do it to each other so it must be okay.

9 minutes ago, El Grew said:

Thanks santheman. That settles it for me - ban the b*stards. They already do it to each other so it must be okay.

They do it because they can afford to cut their noses off. We obviously can't, and you won't see potential investors for dust if no Old Firm fans was part of the deal.

2 hours ago, MJC said:

The Green Brigade are untouchable, not just with the authorities but with Celtic themselves. They’ve got alot of powerful people backing them and they are a very dangerous lot. 

It should be noted that the ban Celtic imposed on the GB was only lifted after their embarrassing but financially rewarding European appearances ended for the season. The only reason they were banned in the first place was to placate Uefa who were very close to closing areas of Celtic Park, with the next stage being a complete European ban. Either of those sanctions would have cost them millions. Our authorities on the other hand will always turn a blind eye.

All the shite Celtic spread around regards incidents at Fir Park, Easter Road etc forcing them to act for the good of football was just a smokescreen. Remember Rodgers saw fit to defend the youngster at Livi (?) who the stewards collared when he ran onto the park, the week before a swarm of them did much worse at Fir Park, even getting in the faces of our players. Toxic.

We really should just ban them from Fir Park. Financial hit or not.  I know that's not going to happen given our finances but it would at least highlight the issue and maybe force the media to have a serious debate.

• Like 2