New Investment Options

Kmcalpin

Well they are apparently rocking up to Fir Park this weekend to catch the Hibs game so I would expect hear about the people behind it.

I for you am excited by the prospect of nothing but fresh ideas at the club think it could be good times ahead and looking forward to hearing more.

Maybe this is the reason we don't have a new chairman yet maybe the investors might want to have someone at the helm.

Really interesting to read, I hadn’t realised his missus wants involved and is high up at snapchat (not that I know what this is but I believe it’s huge)

could be exciting times? Who knows!!

15 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

I said this over on P&B as well; it absolutely comes across as him "saying the right things" at this early a stage of negotiations and engagement but he is saying the right things. Definitely interesting times ahead.

Sounds positive. Hugely so. 

Sound like the sort of people we need at the club,they have alot of fingers in alot pies and probably have tons of rich well of pals that maybe would like to get involved aswell.

I look forward to seeing what's what but I say this am I excited by this you bet yer bottom dollar I am!

2 hours ago, santheman said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68790801

An insight to our potential investor 

A good read and comes across well, making the right noises, although you could argue thats his job to do that.

I do strongly believe (and have done long before this) that football, especially Scottish football does like to stick to the old "thats how we've always done it" mantra and having an outside eye that not only sees modern opportunities but has the ability to act on it can only be a good thing. 

As a long-time F1 fan I have seen the almost instant impact DTS has had on the sport and other than the few gatekeepers I would say the old fan base has embraced the new fans coming in and the new lease of life it has given the sport (and increase in revenue to go along with it). If this is the sort of thing we can be looking at then it can only bode well in my eyes.

I am as sceptical as the next guy about new investors, but given the choice, this is the kind of person we should be looking at. 

3 hours ago, mio said:

Really interesting to read, I hadn’t realised his missus wants involved and is high up at snapchat (not that I know what this is but I believe it’s huge)

could be exciting times? Who knows!!

I am not technically minded but I think Snapchat is when 2 folk say the word Chat at the same time!!....

Cueeeee .........

Ba boom......... COYW 

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, dennyc said:

Decent Interview with valid questions asked and addressed. And he is now on record as not wishing to oust the Society. Further details to come but encouraging.

He also didn't say no to being the majority shareholder. 

Obviously any new owner would want to keep the Society involved. It would be very expensive to get rid of it. 

The fans being the majority shareholder has to be the red line. 

Looking at social media and there are the usual rosters talking about "global exposure" and "massive investment".

What planet are those people living on? Look at the games the last two nights, why would anyone in another country want to watch us over that standard of football?

16 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Obviously any new owner would want to keep the Society involved. It would be very expensive to get rid of it. 

No red line for me. The society need to get their act together and sharpish as far as I'm concerned. I want investment into my club and thats it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Looking at social media and there are the usual rosters talking about "global exposure" and "massive investment".

What planet are those people living on? Look at the games the last two nights, why would anyone in another country want to watch us over that standard of football?

But.. There are people connected to mfc who know everything about the new proposals and I know nothing and I'm a well society member. Why should I keep paying into the well society in light of this? 

43 minutes ago, steelboy said:

“Our perspective is we never want to make an investment that disempowers the Well Society and the connection the fan-owned group has with the club. There's a bunch of different ways to construct deals that can accomplish the objectives of a fan ownership model, alongside outside investors. “

What do you think he meant with that response? How does taking a majority holding tie in with not wishing to disempower the WS? 

24 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

No red line for me. The society need to get their act together and sharpish as far as I'm concerned. I want investment into my club and thats it. 

Exactly this in my eyes nothing to lose and everything to gain we are plodding along in the mud and folk are carrying on like these people are James Bond villains with a master plan lol.

No red line for me either it’s time to make moves and this is a move in the right direction.

6 minutes ago, dennyc said:

“Our perspective is we never want to make an investment that disempowers the Well Society and the connection the fan-owned group has with the club. There's a bunch of different ways to construct deals that can accomplish the objectives of a fan ownership model, alongside outside investors. “

What do you think he meant with that response? How does taking a majority holding tie in with not wishing to disempower the WS? 

They will just say it's still 'empowered' with 30% or whatever. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

Exactly this in my eyes nothing to lose and everything to gain we are plodding along in the mud and folk are carrying on like these people are James Bond villains with a master plan lol.

No red line for me either it’s time to make moves and this is a move in the right direction.

We've got everything to lose. Literally. It's ours and we can lose it. 

It's not about whether these people are Bond villains or not. It's about the long term future of the club, maybe these people won't fuck us over but they might sell up in a few years and the next owner could be anyone. 

It took less than four years for Boyle to pull the plug due to his other businesses. Les gave up after two years due to unforeseen health problems. Things can change quickly when you are reliant on one person.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, steelboy said:

They will just say it's still 'empowered' with 30% or whatever. 

I think that response reveals more about you than it does about Barmack. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

We've got a lot to lose. I'm on the fence about it all at the moment. I think it's absolutely mental that people are giving definite "yes's" or definite "no's" without knowing the real details of the investment.

How can it possibly be "a move in the right direction" when you don't know what he's putting in and what he's wanting in return? 

• Like 2

I'm just looking forward to leaning in to the corporate synergy that leverages KPIs of the verticals in the intersectional market segments funnel as we disrupt the traditional leather based sphere projectile space.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1