LIvingston V Motherwell 28/02/2024

Kmcalpin

A huge game for us and a must win. As this is only Sunday we've time to bring in a sports psychologist to help the management and players before the game.ย 

They're bottom of the league for a reason and 10 points behind us. So, lets feed the players raw steak beforehand and tell them to go get wired in. A positive attitude required please.ย 

There's no way we'll prevent Livi from scoring so its 3-1 to the Well.

Depends on whether everyone is fit or not.

No injuries and I think we have enough about us now to win this one.

Gent, Devine, Vale, Spittal and Bair all essential to our success.

Millar returning to the scene of his harsh red card might have a point to prove.

Gonna go 2-0 Motherwell.

11 minutes ago, MJC said:

#This is how it feels to be Motherwell

Same script again as you know

MJC is here for 8 in a row

8 in a row#
ย 

This one is a stick on draw, in my opinion.

1-1

There he's again, the crowd didn't cheer when we scored, YES THEY DID. On another topic, this is a must win game, then this topic 1-1,Do you actually support Motherwell or just come on her to diss them. As I said, read this forum for a while before posting, but clearly what a pain in the Arse. (That comment is only an opinion)ย 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

26 minutes ago, Wee Dougie said:

There he's again, the crowd didn't cheer when we scored, YES THEY DID. On another topic, this is a must win game, then this topic 1-1,Do you actually support Motherwell or just come on her to diss them. As I said, read this forum for a while before posting, but clearly what a pain in the Arse. (That comment is only an opinion)ย 

We really need to win but, more than that, we really can't afford to lose. Playing on carpet is challenging at the best of times but with points so important for both teams that no-one is going to want to risk making a mistake. Could be a cagey, defensive game so 1-1 is a fair prediction. I'm going for 2-1 'Well though.

8 hours ago, Wee Dougie said:

Okay let me explain this to you as best as I can.ย 

I consider this game to be a must win game and I HOPE that we win.ย 
ย 

However I THINK it will be a draw.

Obviously I want us to win but I donโ€™t think that we will.

Does that make sense to you?

2 hours ago, MJC said:

Okay let me explain this to you as best as I can.ย 

I consider this game to be a must win game and I HOPE that we win.ย 
ย 

However I THINK it will be a draw.

Obviously I want us to win but I donโ€™t think that we will.

Does that make sense to you?

NO.ย 

2 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Feel team will need freshened up after yesterday but no idea how.ย 

Spot on Grizzly. I think Gent also took a knock. Agree about Blaney. My main concern, oddly enough is not about our defence as its a "known known" but our midfield, which was as soft as s**t yesterday.ย  We have limited options. Could Nicholson play for half an hour? Is it worth giving Elliott 20 minutes or so? We know he's not match fit but he must have a certain level of fitness, otherwise he wouldn't have been on the bench yesterday.ย 

I've never been a football purist so don't really care how we set up so long as its effective on the carpet. For the record its not an axminster.ย 

Its not nice to say but I'll do so anyway - although it would be great to win it, even by a single goal, it would be even better to crush them and deal them a psychological hammer blow.

The team has to be fired up for this game, no ifs no buts, so slip them a wee bonus, for a win, to help their mentality.ย ย 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Feel team will need freshened up after yesterday but no idea how.ย  If Casey not fit I would start Blaney ahead of Butcher.ย  Maybe start SOD ahead of young Devine who was knackered at end of game

Butcher definitely needs to drop out but I would keep Devine in the side if possible.ย 

For me, it's a must-win. I say this because, as much as I am a Kettlewell critic, a loss to Livingston could see the tide finally turn on him en masse. And, as we can't/won't sack him, the fans turning against the manager (and possibly the team) could see us enter a death spiral to see out the season. Furthermore, if we can't beat Livingston at this stage, it would suggest we probably don't have what it takes to win the fight to finish 10th or better anyway, so a positive result is a must for both points and confidence levels.

Of course this is must win. Two wins in over twenty league matches playing the bottom side and with a trip to Ibrox next, if we canโ€™t beat Livingston then weโ€™re in bother.ย 

21 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Didn't realise game was live on Sky. Hopefully happy viewingย 

I'm playing 7s at 8pm, so will catch the tail end... I fully expect my game to be more entertaining if you want to pop by Portobello High School for the lulz.

• Haha 1

It'll be about attitude.

Go into in with the same attitude as the first halves against Aberdeen and Celtic and we'll be fine.

Go into it with the same attitude as Morton and we'll get zilch.

We all know how Livi will set up.

Hopefully no major injury worries or a hangover from Sunday.

• Like 1

Personally I think this game could define our season - win and I think weโ€™ll be safe but lose and โ€ฆโ€ฆ.

Having to play on that heap of shredded car tyres is no easy ask and we did put a hell of lot into yesterdayโ€™s game so I hope we donโ€™t get a reaction to that.

Iโ€™d really love to win because it would be a big shot in the arm prior to our sojourn to Castle Greyskull.

6 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Feel team will need freshened up after yesterday but no idea how.ย  If Casey not fit I would start Blaney ahead of Butcher.ย  Maybe start SOD ahead of young Devine who was knackered at end of game

Heโ€™s young. Heโ€™ll be fine for Wednesdayย 

• Like 1

Hopefully we can deal with them like we dealt with county at Fir Park. For the most part we are back to playing pretty well so letโ€™s hope the Bair (or anyone) can grab a few goals to see us get a much needed 3 points. Iโ€™m sure the team were gutted with Celtic result but can take a lot of confidence from the way the played.ย 

55 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Hopefully we can deal with them like we dealt with county at Fir Park. For the most part we are back to playing pretty well so letโ€™s hope the Bair (or anyone) can grab a few goals to see us get a much needed 3 points. Iโ€™m sure the team were gutted with Celtic result but can take a lot of confidence from the way the played*.ย 

*in the first half.ย ๐Ÿ˜…

• Haha 1