LIvingston V Motherwell 28/02/2024

Kmcalpin

6 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

I know 2 wins in 23 league games is correct, but is there a reason why 23 is the measurement at this stage of the season rather than the 27 we've played?

I stand corrected, 6 wins from 28 now

Crucial 3 points tonight , that’s a relief after going 1-0 down

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wellfan said:

However, the current stats are still poor in terms of victories, but I hope we can turn it around starting tonight, and that is why I think tonight is massive in terms of setting the tone for the months ahead.

Massive result. We need to back it up now. 

1 hour ago, wellfan said:

I know. And it's the inaction of the Board that''ll see us at risk of going down. He should've been out the door at the start of November.

This is becoming harder for you to sell with each passing week wellfan.

3 points off top six with a better goal difference than the teams around us suggests that the board got it right to stick with him.

Changing the manager has not really worked for RC, St Johnstone or Aberdeen.  Maybe you need to drop this now?

Great result tonight after a strong performance at the weekend. It is all heading in the right direction.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Chanzeypopz said:

Only 3 points off of a top 6 position ? Oh my goodness me 

After rangers, 3 of our last four games are at home Aberdeen StMirren and Hibs at Fir Park.  Dundee away. Not easy games at all but at least ones with a chance of picking up a few points. 

1 minute ago, grizzlyg said:

In past 24 hours it's been ...... Rick Astley in concert........miller and carter for dinner.........well victory at Livi.

Carlsberg don't do bonkers grizzly trilogy's.......but if they did.........

You better be fucking off somewhere nice when we're are Ibrox on saturday 😂.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Livvy were pish after we gave them a start, Mugabi should have scored  just after they did, once we scored the game was never in doubt

am glad i only saw the first half spider, its a lot better when wellfan just shows me the goals :) which i must say were 3 beuties,   oh and i think SOD was involved in the lead up to them all, unless am blind , then he wasnt :)

Ha i honestly felt the same way at Christmas when we were what 9/10 points off 6th place and just above Livi at the bottom of the league, But we made some good signings in the January window and if we keep playing like we did in the first half against Celtic and tonights second half who knows where we could finish 💁‍♀️

1 minute ago, star sail said:

This is becoming harder for you to sell with each passing week wellfan.

3 points off top six with a better goal difference than the teams around us suggests that the board got it right to stick with him.

Changing the manager has not really worked for RC, St Johnstone or Aberdeen.  Maybe you need to drop this now?

Great result tonight after a strong performance at the weekend. It is all heading in the right direction.

Whichever way you frame it, 6 wins in 28 and 2 early cup exits is a poor return for any manager. He likely wouldn't be here now if it hadn't been for his secret extension. We'd also be worse off in the league if it weren't for those around us being equally rotten at times, but they won't always be. So no, I won't drop it because I don't want someone with that record at my club long-term. If you do, fine. 

And yes, it was a great result tonight in the end. It was a game of two very different halves. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, smiddy said:

am glad i only saw the first half spider, its a lot better when wellfan just shows me the goals :) which i must say were 3 beuties,   oh and i think SOD was involved in the lead up to them all, unless am blind , then he wasnt :)

The cross in from SOD for Nicholsons goal was a belter, and the cross in 1st half was asking to be headed home and Mugabi fecked it up, all in a great performance from SOD tonight

• Like 1

Certainly means a lot to Kettlewell if you watch the clip the club posted (and tried not too hard to censor).