Rangers v Motherwell 02/03/2024

SteelmaninOZ

• SteelmaninOZ changed the title to Rangers v Motherwell 02/03/2024

Thankfully we go with no pressure on us.  

I much prefer facing them when they've been on a rich vein of form.   They tend to be arrogant and dismissive , entitled to win with zero expectations that we can do anything. 

Expect little from the game but at some point lady lucky will help us turn them over. 

Ive scored some hospitality for this, so I bloody hope so! Would be lovely to sit and gloat surrounded by seethe! The hoodoo has to end sometime right? Please tell me it can be so.......

2 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

I much prefer facing them when they've been on a rich vein of form.   They tend to be arrogant and dismissive , entitled to win with zero expectations that we can do anything. 

Agreed, so I'm going for  an unlikely 2-2 scoreline, with a brace from "Teddy" Bair just to scunner the Sons of William 😂.

2 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

A well oiled Rangers team. Ew.

They’re on a great run of form and seem rejuvenated under Philippe Clement’s management. They are well drilled, efficient and a very good team.

18 minutes ago, wellfan said:

I see you're a fan of clementines. 

I hope Clement and Rangers win the title this season, because that will mean that Celtic and that creepy, condescending prick of a manager of theirs won’t win it.  I make no apology for that.

I hope we beat them on Saturday mind you, as unlikely as that is.

1 hour ago, MJC said:

They’re on a great run of form and seem rejuvenated under Philippe Clement’s management. They are well drilled, efficient and a very good team.

I was making a lighthearted comment about them being well oiled. I get the point you made.

Divine won’t be playing Saturday so i assume below line up like below.? Maybe 

Nicholson Miller Spittal ??

Kelly 

McGinn Bevis Casey

O’Donnell                       Gent

Miller Davor Spittal

Vale  Bair

8 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

Divine won’t be playing Saturday so i assume below line up like below.? Maybe 

Nicholson Miller Spittal ??

Kelly 

McGinn Bevis Casey

O’Donnell                       Gent

Miller Davor Spittal

Vale  Bair

I'm not sure Nicholson will start in a game like this; we need Davor's bite/covering in the middle against Rangers. Nicholson did well on Wednesday night but I think he'll come off the bench, probably for Vale.

23 hours ago, MJC said:

I hope Clement and Rangers win the title this season, because that will mean that Celtic and that creepy, condescending prick of a manager of theirs won’t win it.  I make no apology for that.

I hope we beat them on Saturday mind you, as unlikely as that is.

Choice between a creepy, condescending prick of a manager and a 'team' that by rights, shouldn't even exist. It's a tough one right enough.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

Choice between a creepy, condescending prick of a manager and a 'team' that by rights, shouldn't even exist. It's a tough one right enough.

Not for me it isn’t.

59 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

Indeed, I hate the one we have had most recent contact with the most, currently that's "arse cheek green", from Saturday it will be "arse cheek blue". If we don't make the top six, I will happily ignore both sets of odious c@nts till next season.

As a Motherwell fan from Lanarkshire, Rangers and Celtic are irrelevant to me. I don't go to games against them or care about their results in the Premiership and Europe. We, and the other nine teams in the league, are unlikely ever to finish above either of them again, and that's just that. I consider us part of a league of ten teams, with no chance of anything other than two cups, third place and European qualification, which is fine for me. I find it helpful to remove them and their fans from my thoughts.