Rangers v Motherwell 02/03/2024

SteelmaninOZ

11 minutes ago, twistandshout1983 said:

Would be a much more competitive league with out those two, maybe more would turn up to games with a potential chance of winning something 

If you take the teams finishing 3rd in the last 10/15 years we would have league titles along with Aberdeen , Hearts , Killie 

Remember Hibs got relegated with McLeish and the next season the crowds went up 

Exactly the arguement I've used before for getting shot of them. Pretty much every team in the league could start the season thinking they had a realistic shout of winning something. I'm sure there would be a reduction in TV money without them, but so what. Let the league find its own level on the world stage and give the fans something competitive to watch. The current set up is shite.  Could yo imagine what the crowds would be like if we were playing say Hibs at Fir Park in a top of the table 6 pointer in March ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

Exactly the arguement I've used before for getting shot of them. Pretty much every team in the league could start the season thinking they had a realistic shout of winning something. I'm sure there would be a reduction in TV money without them, but so what. Let the league find its own level on the world stage and give the fans something competitive to watch. The current set up is shite.  Could yo imagine what the crowds would be like if we were playing say Hibs at Fir Park in a top of the table 6 pointer in March ?

Exactly what I think , never going to happen of course

I would be quite happy with a reduction in TV money and interest if the clubs were more the same level , and things were more competitive. The likes of Aberdeen , Hearts and Hibs would have more resources of course but as we have seen we are more than able to compete with them 

• Like 1

Our record in the league at Ibrox is dreadful. Only 9 wins (and 19 draws) in 137 visits.

Better ‘Well sides than the current one haven’t been able to win there so it would be no disgrace to lose.

As always, hoping otherwise. COYW.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grizzlyg said:

Good to see positive line up with 2 up top.  Wonder if SOD left wing back and McGinn Right wing back.  Blaney left of back 3.  We shall see....COYW

Blaney at left (wing) back, the rest of the defence to stay the same, minimal changes.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, El Grew said:

Our record in the league at Ibrox is dreadful. Only 9 wins (and 19 draws) in 137 visits.

Better ‘Well sides than the current one haven’t been able to win there so it would be no disgrace to lose.

As always, hoping otherwise. COYW.

Show this mob no respect at all is the best way

Hopefully we keep it 0-0 as long as possible , and not concede any silly goals and the crowd start to get frustrated 

27 minutes ago, twistandshout1983 said:

Show this mob no respect at all is the best way

Hopefully we keep it 0-0 as long as possible , and not concede any silly goals and the crowd start to get frustrated 

I stand corrected on this

Hopefully we keep it 1-0 as long as possible , and the crowd get frustrated 

1 minute ago, MJC said:

Just like last week great to be ahead but you just know what’s coming. 

Bair has come on leaps and bounds since Christmas.

I am thinking the exact same as you right now , hopefully 🤞 it won’t be the case today