Statement on VAR

wellfan

43 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

St Johnstone has also written to the SFA to complain about VAR. More grist to the mill as they say.

That's the only way things will change, if the member clubs start challenging and calling out the incompetence shown by some of these VAR decisions. We always have a laugh at the ugly sisters when they "seek clarification " from the authorities but in all honesty more clubs should do the same.

• Like 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68648948

Motherwell: Stuart Kettlewell says dad 'not going back' to a game until VAR changes

Motherwell manager Stuart Kettlewell

Stuart Kettlewell has not been pleased with some VAR decisions

Motherwell manager Stuart Kettlewell says VAR has even driven his own father away from attending football matches.

The Premiership club wrote to the Scottish FA after their league defeat by Aberdeen last weekend, seeking clarification over the handball rule.

It was just one of a number of video assisted decisions that have raised debate among fans, players and clubs.

"I think the people we've forgotten about here are the supporters," Kettlwell told BBC Sportsound.

Listen: Reaction as leaders Dundee United slip up

"I had a small one with my father, who phones me every Sunday after a game of football. Thirty-two years he's followed me from grassroots football to player, coach, manager, he would always come and watch the games.

"He phoned me on Sunday morning and said 'I'm not going back to a Premiership game until there's some form of change. That's obviously close to me, personal to me."

It was announced last week that Scotland's head of referees Crawford Allan is to leave his post at the end of the season as the Scottish FA conducts a review of the role in light of ongoing VAR controversies.

"He's just fed up with it," Kettlewell said of his own father. "He's a football enthusiast, he loves it and watches it at all levels, but he's fed up of this idea of scoring a goal and the emotion not being there and we come back and look at it for five minutes, dissect it, find something in it and I think that's the feeling of the general football supporter in this country.

"Do you know what? We are really passionate about the game in this country and we're well followed and well backed. But there's other people, outwith my father, who have a similar feeling and thought process."

VAR will be the ruin of the game. How can anybody think that taking 4 minuted to decide something was "obvious" is correct. If they can't see anything in the first minute, the original decision should stand. It's a joke.

1 hour ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

Wonder what the Scottish VAR would’ve given?

Handball ! Disallow the next goal !

6 hours ago, claretband said:

Anyone know if there's a way to listen to Sportsound 2pm last Saturday? I believe SK was on it and can't imagine VAR wasn't discussed.

Doesnt seem to be available on BBC Sounds

There is a 228 minute one from the 23rd, scrub that it is a Northern Irish one.

The Sportsound broadcast usually pops up as The Scottish Football Podcast on Sounds. At least the post-match segment. 

I haven't listened to it all, but the SK one at the weekend is pretty much all chat about Dundee Utd.

• Like 1