Motherwell v Hibernian 13/04/2024

SteelmaninOZ

Never been a huge fan of Rangers and their statements, but hard to argue with this one:

"The negligence and unprofessionalism demonstrated by Dundee Football Club, where they have repeatedly breached SPFL rules, continues to have a damaging effect on the top professional league in the country," Rangers commented in a club statement.

"In a week where record TV viewing figures were recorded for a match in the same competition, and this evening's game due to be televised again by Sky Sports, this episode is deeply embarrassing and has also been eminently avoidable.

"Rangers expects the SPFL to take proportionate and decisive action in accordance with its rules, and the club will continue to make representations to them in the strongest possible manner."

Dundee are now in a position that, yes if they get a result on Saturday there top 6,but the difference is tgey get a free hit at Rangers, rather than being under pressure to perform on Saturday. Hopefully the Spfl will deduct them points, it's not as if they haven't been warned. I was at the game on Saturday and as I left, said to my mate, if it Rains, no way is the game on on Wednesday. Relegate them, spend on players and but 2 ton of sand for the pitch, ridiculous. 

I see Dundee's latest excuse is there has been more rain due to climate change - conveniently forgetting that every other club is operating in the same climate, including their friends across the street, but without the floods.

23 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I see Dundee's latest excuse is there has been more rain due to climate change - conveniently forgetting that every other club is operating in the same climate, including their friends across the street, but without the floods.

Yup heard that..... embarrassing to come out and say that.

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

Never been a huge fan of Rangers and their statements, but hard to argue with this one:

It would be easier to agree if they had also accused the league of unprofessional conduct by not insisting the game was played on the first available midweek after the original postponement.

As for Dundee, fine them 20 points, it will make the relegation battle more interesting. 😁

7 minutes ago, Chanzeypopz said:

What a shame it would be if Dundee lost these last 2 games by default for not having a suitable pitch 🙄

I don't think they can be punished for the state of Pittodrie.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, weeyin said:

It's a tough call, but on balance I'd rather Dundee fixed their drainage and stayed up than Raith Rovers or Airdrie get promoted with their plastic.

With a possible vote to make grass pitches mandatory for our League it might take them a bit longer than they think🤔.

0https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/premiership-clubs-vote-banning-plastic-32311245

6 minutes ago, santheman said:

With a possible vote to make grass pitches mandatory for our League it might take them a bit longer than they think🤔.

0https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/premiership-clubs-vote-banning-plastic-32311245

That's supposed to have been happening a few times. Fingers crossed they finally do the right thing this time.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, weeyin said:

Given that wee (john boyle or Nevin i think) were trotting out the 'fir park micro-climate' excuse. I dont think we can be too critical of Dundee bringing out their own crazy statements

1 hour ago, Big Stall said:

Given that wee (john boyle or Nevin i think) were trotting out the 'fir park micro-climate' excuse. I dont think we can be too critical of Dundee bringing out their own crazy statements

That's fine up to a point, but we did eventually shell out big time to sort the problem. Dundee will stubbornly  not do so unless forced. That's where the difference lies. 

1 hour ago, Big Stall said:

As fans, we can. Our lot were talking pish, their lot are talking pish. 

That's 25% of their home game bit the dust so far. Can anyone remember how many postponements we had?

49 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

As fans, we can. Our lot were talking pish, their lot are talking pish. 

That's 25% of their home game bit the dust so far. Can anyone remember how many postponements we had?

No , but we were able to build some really nice sandcastles.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Big Stall said:

Most of us were critical of those excuses too - I know I was. 

And if Motherwell Utd had a playable pitch across the street I doubt even Boyle would have tried that excuse.

31 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Are there roadworks in Motherwell this weekend? If so, what is the best route from the East (M8)?

I think the road through Ravenscraig, next to the New College, is closed on Saturday and Sunday. I think also there are currently traffic lights on Windmillhill street too but I don't know when that work finishes. Best way is probably down on to the M74 and up Airbles Road.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2024 at 4:54 AM, grizzlyg said:

I am a positive guy but somehow I have the fear and we will blow it but fingers crossed we win and just see what happens.

One thing that can't be argued is that there is a great team spirit which is so obvious in the goal celebrations.  Davor and Dan the man prime examples

Understand what you say and agree that we usually blow it.

COYW

• Thanks 1