Aberdeen v Motherwell 27/04/2024

SteelmaninOZ

21 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

Heard a rumour that Kettlewell told the players to make sure they lost the game today so that four absolute wankers could have an evening of bitching on an internet forum. After four games without a defeat, they might not have survived another.

Since we won at Ibrox we've played five games and been in the lead for a single minute when Moses scored at Dundee. 

We haven't kept a single clean sheet and have conceded goals from being unable to defend corners in every game.

We've scored 5 goals with the earliest one being at 74 minutes. 

We were hardly in good form before today. 

• Sad 3

47 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

Heard a rumour that Kettlewell told the players to make sure they lost the game today so that four absolute wankers could have an evening of bitching on an internet forum. After four games without a defeat, they might not have survived another.

Ba boom 🤣🤣

39 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Since we won at Ibrox we've played five games and been in the lead for a single minute when Moses scored at Dundee. 

We haven't kept a single clean sheet and have conceded goals from being unable to defend corners in every game.

We've scored 5 goals with the earliest one being at 74 minutes. 

We were hardly in good form before today. 

And as if by magic.......

• Haha 2

It was disappointing, but entirely expected, not take something from the game. It was always going to be a huge ask. Very disappointing too to lose Vale to a red card but again you expect that kind of incident at Pittodrie. I'm more concerned at his absence next week. Results elsewhere really went in our favour to make it a decent day. The games at Livingston and Perth were always going to be more important for us today than our own game.

4 hours ago, Stuwell2 said:

My point earlier was that it looked like they were desperate to give Aberdeen something - fully expect the red card decision to be slated on sportscene tonight and possibly the red being reduced on appeal. Not that any of that counts for anything. 

Part one of my prediction done, ref and VAR slated on sportscene. 

Also liked SK and pundits slagging them off saying anyone who’s played football knows that’s never a red card - wasn’t even a foul so no free kick, no corner, no goal. I hope the club send a letter of protest in against both the referee and VAR guy. 

Didn’t make it up to Aberdeen yesterday (thankfully by the sounds of things).

Just watched the highlights, no surprise after what Kettlewell said, it’s never a red card! How the refs not sent to watch that on the monitor I’ll never know, peak Scottish referees.

Don't get the grief Kelly is getting on some forums, no chance with the goal and then looked like he went on to make 2/3 really good saves. Blaney could and should do better for the goal, but it’s a good header to be fair to Garterman. 

We are going to be safe, but it would be good to win next week and put it to bed asap. 

Just watched the TV highlights. A few points stood out for me.

* Vale playing behind Bair again in midfield. At least that won't happen next week. Another striker will be playing in midfield. No need to sign many more sr trikers in the summer just sign more midfielders!

* Kelly flapping at a cross again.

* Never a red card. As Handsome Devil says on P & B, no intent, wins the ball, no excessive force, and Aberdeen player comes in late. A yellow card. Aberdeen certainly seem to have the Indian sign over us with referees, don't they. 

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Just watched the TV highlights. A few points stood out for me.

* Vale playing behind Bair again in midfield. At least that won't happen next week. Another striker will be playing in midfield. No need to sign many more sr trikers in the summer just sign more midfielders!

* Kelly flapping at a cross again.

* Never a red card. As Handsome Devil says on P & B, no intent, wins the ball, no excessive force, and Aberdeen player comes in late. A yellow card. Aberdeen certainly seem to have the Indian sign over us with referees, don't they. 

It baffles me that Kettlewell can't see what the fans see every week regarding Vale. He's a striker; play him beside Bair. It's that simple. Although I bet he starts Nicholson instead of Moses next week. 

It's time for a new keeper next season. For a team like ours, I’d rather have a big commanding keeper than a smaller shot-stopper.  

I'm pleased to see that Kettlewell isn't afraid to call out the officials on this incident. However, it’s a shame he's not as quick to learn from his own persistent failings, as perhaps that would give some indication that he's capable of implementing effective changes across the piece. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wellfan said:

It baffles me that Kettlewell can't see what the fans see every week regarding Vale. He's a striker; play him beside Bair. It's that simple. Although I bet he starts Nicholson instead of Moses next week. 

It's time for a new keeper next season. For a team like ours, I’d rather have a big commanding keeper than a smaller shot-stopper.  

I'm pleased to see that Kettlewell isn't afraid to call out the officials on this incident. However, it’s a shame he's not as quick to learn from his own persistent failings, as perhaps that would give some indication that he's capable of implementing effective changes across the piece. 

With Vale that has been my main gripe for weeks.  He is a striker so why are we playing him in deeper role?  Bair is isolated on his own.  I also agree that guaranteed he starts Nicholson but I would hope he started in place of Spittal and we bring Moses in for Vale.  Or bring Shaw in for Vale......cueeeeeeeee......ba.......boom....🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

20 hours ago, AllyMax said:

That's a bit harsh. People on here are allowed an opinion whether you agree with it or not. It's a democracy. There's no need to be verbally abusive to others if they disagree with your opinion. Its Motherwell FC forum. Not "happy clapper" forum. Whether opinions are positive, overtly negative or balanced, they should all be allowed to be heard and respected.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, robsterwood said:

That's a bit harsh. People on here are allowed an opinion whether you agree with it or not. It's a democracy. There's no need to be verbally abusive to others if they disagree with your opinion. Its Motherwell FC forum. Not "happy clapper" forum. Whether opinions are positive, overtly negative or balanced, they should all be allowed to be heard and respected.

You might want to have a word with at least one of the 'absolute wankers' about being a bit harsh or verbally abusive to others. Although, in fairness, he can take it as well as he dishes it out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robsterwood said:

Tinfoil hat stuff can get in the bin though 😏

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, robsterwood said:

Fair enough, everyones entitled to their view but when it's constant and never ending criticism something that's a minor irritant eventually becomes really annoying so I can understand why people rise to the bait.

6 hours ago, robsterwood said:

It was as funny as fuck to be fair. And I don't think the four anon people who were referred to will lose sleep over that post 

4 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

You might want to have a word with at least one of the 'absolute wankers' about being a bit harsh or verbally abusive to others. Although, in fairness, he can take it as well as he dishes it out.

2 wrongs don't make a right though.🤔

9 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

2 wrongs don't make a right though.🤔

The poster cracked a joke and that's all it was in my view. If it's not breaking the site rules then it will stay up. People can report posts they aren't happy with 

I personally don't think debating that post is helpful either. There's plenty of posts on here I've thought have been over the top over the last while. Other people will disagree. Don't see the need to single one post out

2 hours ago, santheman said:

Fair enough, everyones entitled to their view but when it's constant and never ending criticism something that's a minor irritant eventually becomes really annoying so I can understand why people rise to the bait.

Absolutely. The constant Kettlewell is shite and Kettlewell must go. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Apparently Bevis to Dundee utd is the next rumour. I wouldn't lose sleep over that to be fair 

Think now's a good time to move on from him I think we can get better than him he's a very nice guy but not that convinced on his ability to defend. and hopefully does his usual bombscare when we play them next season.

3 minutes ago, wellfan97 said:

Think now's a good time to move on from him I think we can get better than him he's a very nice guy but not that convinced on his ability to defend. and hopefully does his usual bombscare when we play them next season.

I agree with that. I think SOD gets a very hard time when Bevis can be a defensive nightmare at points 

6 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Apparently Bevis to Dundee utd is the next rumour. I wouldn't lose sleep over that to be fair 

Me neither he can be really good but he's a potential bomb scare at times guaranteed at least one or two mistakes every game.