Aberdeen v Motherwell 27/04/2024

SteelmaninOZ

28 minutes ago, ropy said:

No, a player could be nudged, fall awkwardly and break an ankle.  Is that a free kick for the nudge or a red card for the breakage?  One is the action the other the outcome.

Similarly, if a player dives in and clearly tries to kick or hurt the opponent but the opponent manages to jump clear,  that can still be a red card even although no contact. 

19 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Not surprised. 

Yip, no idea why that was appealed. Total waste of money.

Vale clearly didn’t mean it but it was reckless, wild and caught him right in the haw maws. Clear red for me.

27 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Wagons circled, but the Club should've known that would happen and not bothered appealing.  

Compare Vale's challenge to the one which put Lennon Miller out for several months. The Aberdeen player went in on him, late, high and with intent. Referee failed to produce a card of any colour.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Compare Vale's challenge to the one which put Lennon Miller out for several months. The Aberdeen player went in on him, late, high and with intent. Referee failed to produce a card of any colour.

Thats an excellent point to be fair 

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

It's not just about Vale as you say. It's the inconsistencies. Dunne got a yellow for a tackle that left Mika crocked for three months. 

• Like 1

Whether we think harsh or not I just feel this was a waste of money as we were never going to be successful unless Vale was wearing a Sellik or Gers top.  We move on and hopefully Moses gets a chance but guaranteed it will be Nicholson to give another midfielder and leave Bair isolated...... overthinking SK will strike again.

Ps. Oh and did I ever say that Bevis is a big nice guy? 😜😜

I get what folk are saying about the appeal being a waste of money as we were never going to win it.

However, sometimes you just have to make a stand in order to highlight an injustice and support your player.

If we just roll over and let these things pass, then we will continue to be ignored and mistreated 

10 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I get what folk are saying about the appeal being a waste of money as we were never going to win it.

However, sometimes you just have to make a stand in order to highlight an injustice and support your player.

If we just roll over and let these things pass, then we will continue to be ignored and mistreated 

I’d pick more obvious injustices/errors to fight. While the sportscene crew were agreeing with MFC I think there were still a number of opinions that a red was correct, even within the Motherwell support. My viewpoint was that it was never going to be overturned and that it was a reasonable call. Perhaps another ref may have went with yellow but I can understand the red. Anyway done and over now and we just have to get on with it. COYW!!

1 hour ago, texanwellfan said:

I’d pick more obvious injustices/errors to fight. While the sportscene crew were agreeing with MFC I think there were still a number of opinions that a red was correct, even within the Motherwell support. My viewpoint was that it was never going to be overturned and that it was a reasonable call. Perhaps another ref may have went with yellow but I can understand the red. Anyway done and over now and we just have to get on with it. COYW!!

I know what you mean, but we have had a few this season we have let ride. Good to see that our pen claim in the last Aberdeen game was unheld. Not that it helps us much. Personally dont think it was a pen, but they have been given all season. 

• Like 2

On 5/1/2024 at 2:08 PM, joewarkfanclub said:

I agree  - taking a stand for what believe is right is worth putting a few quid into .

the real waste of money is shelling out for VAR . 

• Like 2

On 4/30/2024 at 10:55 AM, wellfan said:

Anyone can get all the qualifications required to undertake their role. E.g. Obtain a medical degree to become a GP, a UEFA licence to become a manager, or a teaching degree to become a teacher. However, that in itself does not automatically make those individuals good at their jobs. They can be qualified but shite.

I think the most important takeaway from this ridiculous discussion is that Kettlewell doesn't fall into the above category. 

He's both qualified and good at his job. 

42 minutes ago, David said:

I think the most important takeaway from this ridiculous discussion is that Kettlewell doesn't fall into the above category. 

He's both qualified and good at his job. 

His win percentage so far this league campaign is 23.5%, but let's not allow facts to get in the way of opinions. 

5 minutes ago, wellfan said:

His win percentage so far this league campaign is 23.5%, but let's not allow facts to get in the way of opinions. 

Last time I checked teams don't get relegated on their managers win percentage. Points and league placings are what matter, and we're currently sitting 9th. And we're closer to 8th than 10th. 

That's a good job. Not a great job, but a good job, with room for improvement.

• Like 2