Pride of Lanarkshire - 2024/25 Season Tickets

wellgirl

4 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

I don't see how that in anyway helps the club. At least an inflationary rise should be applied.

Because hopefully the lower the prices the more people will buy or renew. 

6 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

I don't see how that in anyway helps the club. At least an inflationary rise should be applied.

A very modest inflationary increase would have been in order, but I'm not complaining if prices are frozen. Most folks wages or pensions have increased slightly. Inflation is now about 3%. In effect then, season tickets will be very slightly cheaper for many.

1 minute ago, Kmcalpin said:

A very modest inflationary increase would have been in order, but I'm not complaining if prices are frozen. Most folks wages or pensions have increased slightly. Inflation is now about 3%. In effect then, season tickets will be very slightly cheaper for many.

Appreciate the sentiment, but not sure how this is going to make us any more competitve with others around us, unless of course they hope to sell another few hundred tickets - I just don't see it.

8 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

That's a helluva leap of faith. Theoretically might work, but I don't see it. Hope the club have some historic data that might lead them to this decision.

Im sure it's not the first time we've frozen prices. Actually having just googled it isnt. We did in in 2017 and 2021 as well. For me personally - I'm on a low income and everything helps. I do get a discount as I'm a student which is appreciated but if not for that I'd probably go 3 or 4 times a season. 

4 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

Appreciate the sentiment, but not sure how this is going to make us any more competitve with others around us, unless of course they hope to sell another few hundred tickets - I just don't see it.

Who do we need to compete with, only Motherwell fans buy Motherwell season tickets, so not increasing the prices is a good thing. A price increase even a modest one might have pushed the price beyond some people's budget.

So if there's no need for an increase its happy days and a good move by the club.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

That's a helluva leap of faith. Theoretically might work, but I don't see it. Hope the club have some historic data that might lead them to this decision.

They certainly know whether season ticket sales have been increasing or decreasing year by year. If it's the latter, freezing prices might be an attempt to hold onto existing fans, as much as attract new ones. Plenty of folk on here have talked about jacking it in recently.

A freeze is a good decision in my opinion.  If there was an increase I could have afforded it but not everyone is in as fortunate a position.   I felt we blundered when we gave season ticket holders a free season a few seasons back.  Even say offering them for £100 would have been some income.

Anyway I am sure club have looked at finances so all current season ticket holders get it renewed and try and encourage other folk....ba b......ehhh I mean COYW

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

A freeze is a good decision in my opinion.  If there was an increase I could have afforded it but not everyone is in as fortunate a position.   I felt we blundered when we gave season ticket holders a free season a few seasons back.  Even say offering them for £100 would have been some income.

Anyway I am sure club have looked at finances so all current season ticket holders get it renewed and try and encourage other folk....ba b......ehhh I mean COYW

I think that was a great thing - giving the free tickets and I was sorry it wasn't repeated - I almost applied for one but didn't. I believe the club went back to giving comp tickets to community groups instead. 

I believe fans donated for those tickets and the club matched the donations so there was money raised to fund them, several thousand pounds if I remember correctly. 

12 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

I think that was a great thing - giving the free tickets and I was sorry it wasn't repeated - I almost applied for one but didn't. I believe the club went back to giving comp tickets to community groups instead. 

I believe fans donated for those tickets and the club matched the donations so there was money raised to fund them, several thousand pounds if I remember correctly. 

I only meant the free tickets for existing season ticket holders.  The package where folk less well off got free season tickets was a great decision 

2 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

I only meant the free tickets for existing season ticket holders.  The package where folk less well off got free season tickets was a great decision 

You meant the one after Covid. Sorry. Yeah it was. Poverty is a huge barrier to people being able to go to games which is why I'm happy they've frozen prices for this year. 

29 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

I felt we blundered when we gave season ticket holders a free season a few seasons back.  Even say offering them for £100 would have been some income.

I tend to agree Grizzly. I did hear though that it was complicated. Something to do with the insurance claim that the club submitted. I think the upshot was that because of the pay out, we couldn't charge for season tickets or something like that. I felt guilty because we received a season's free TV and another season of free season tickets.  A fair few fans were uncomfortable with that and paid for their tickets either in full or in part.  

10 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

You meant the one after Covid. Sorry. Yeah it was. Poverty is a huge barrier to people being able to go to games which is why I'm happy they've frozen prices for this year. 

Yup that was one I meant.   My posts can be as complicated as my jokes at times...cue ...........

2 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I tend to agree Grizzly. I did hear though that it was complicated. Something to do with the insurance claim that the club submitted. I think the upshot was that because of the pay out, we couldn't charge for season tickets or something like that. I felt guilty because we received a season's free TV and another season of free season tickets.  A fair few fans were uncomfortable with that and paid for their tickets either in full or in part.  

Cheers pal, yip I felt the same way at the time.  Didn't realise the other part,  yup nothing is ever straightforward........again.......a bit like my jokes........here we go.....cueeeeeeeee 🤣🤣

2 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Yup that was one I meant.   My posts can be as complicated as my jokes at times...cue ...........

Would rather listen to the complications than most of yer jokes ☺  They were a great band in their time.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Who do we need to compete with, only Motherwell fans buy Motherwell season tickets, so not increasing the prices is a good thing. A price increase even a modest one might have pushed the price beyond some people's budget.

So if there's no need for an increase it’s happy days and a good move by the club.

People in here have been bemoaning our abilities to compete with St Mirren and Kilmarnock as recently as the January transfer window, yet we want to essentially reduce our capability to match them in financial terms 🤷‍♂️.

9 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

People in here have been bemoaning our abilities to compete with St Mirren and Kilmarnock as recently as the January transfer window, yet we want to essentially reduce our capability to match them in financial terms 🤷‍♂️.

I personally don't think given the number of season ticket holders we have just now that the extra revenue from increasing prices would amount to an awful lot of money. We'll get far more revenue if we make 7th 

We can't match them. Because we don't have the fanbase they do. And as other people have said on here 6k a week of KVVs wages is being paid by one of the Killie directors 

As I said in previous posts. This isn't the first time in recent years the club has frozen prices. They raised them last year compared to the previous year. 

4 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Regarding the free season tickets post Covid, can anyone give a definitive answer to this?
It’s been said a few times and I’m sure it’s correct but other insist on calling it a load of bull.

Was there ever an official statement from the club, something said at an AGM or is it just an urban myth?

• David changed the title to Pride of Lanarkshire - 2024/25 Season Tickets