Motherwell Vs Livingston 04/05/24

TheoBair14

10 hours ago, AllyMax said:

Defeat to Aberdeen, 9 page thread. Four one win and guaranteed top league status, four pages. 

Says a lot about some of our support and forum members. Some people are only happy when they're ragin'.

COYW.

Add to that no in game observations from some about how shite SOD is, how Spittal is not trying or that Kelly is the poorest goalie in the league. And grudging praise, if any comment,  but always with some negative when we win. Oh, but the manager is still useless and has only a win% of minus 24. Must have been a few pre prepared after match rants deleted at 5pm yesterday.

Well done to Kettlewell and the players for overcoming all the obstacles that were thrown their way this season. Scope to rebuild now hopefully.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, MJC said:

That probably weren’t even at the game. There’s little more sanctimonious and mouthy than an armchair/firestick Motherwell fan trying to take the moral high ground with match going fans.

People don't go to games for lots of reasons. I don't think it makes them any less of a fan. 

28 minutes ago, 2/6 tae get in said:

A decent player in his day Halliday but yes a yard slow for premiership and can't last a full game. Hopefully he can get fitter with a full pre season.

I'd just sit Halliday in front of the defence to break up plays and give a steer to the rest of midfield.   Concerned that his legs are gone, a bit like Butcher mk2. 

19 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

I'd just sit Halliday in front of the defence to break up plays and give a steer to the rest of midfield.   Concerned that his legs are gone, a bit like Butcher mk2. 

The game more or less passed by him yesterday. It makes me wonder what his role will be next season. 

1 hour ago, wellgirl said:

People don't go to games for lots of reasons. I don't think it makes them any less of a fan. 

I didn’t say that it did, I was merely making an observation that the more vocal “faithers” of the support, particularly on here tend to be the ones who don’t actually attend games. I’m not interested in the reasons they don’t or can’t go, that’s their business, but it’s a bit rich when these types get all sanctimonious and start riding about on their high horses with fans who actually were at the game.

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

PS: I think Theo Bair has now broken Louis Moult's season's best, of 15, by a goal.     

2016/17 Louis Moult - LEAGUE 30+1 (15) CUPS 2+1 (3) TOTAL 32+2 (18) (2 pens)

2023/24 Theo Bair - LEAGUE 28+7 (15) CUPS 3 (0) TOTAL 31+7 (15) (3 pens)

2 minutes ago, MJC said:

I didn’t say that it did, I was merely making an observation that the more vocal “faithers” of the support, particularly on here tend to be the ones who don’t actually attend games. I’m not interested in the reasons they don’t or can’t go, that’s their business, but it’s a bit rich when these types get all sanctimonious and start riding about on their high horses with fans who actually were at the game.

I stopped commenting on games I don't go to a while back, which is most away matches.

Not saying everyone should do that but I just don't feel comfortable having an opinion on something I didn't actually see for myself.

4 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

2016/17 Louis Moult - LEAGUE 30+1 (15) CUPS 2+1 (3) TOTAL 32+2 (18) (2 pens)

2023/24 Theo Bair - LEAGUE 28+7 (15) CUPS 3 (0) TOTAL 31+7 (15) (3 pens)

Ah so its still King Louis.

1 minute ago, Kmcalpin said:

For now. Equaling his highest ever league tally is quite the feat for someone who was written off by a significant number of our support. And what, 10/12 of them have been since the turn of the year?

11 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Would fancy him to beat the league record but for the season he's gonna have to do pretty well.

But who knows, maybe there is a last day of the season hat trick against St Johnstone in the future!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I stopped commenting on games I don't go to a while back, which is most away matches.

Not saying everyone should do that but I just don't feel comfortable having an opinion on something I didn't actually see for myself.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with commenting on or offering an opinion on a game you weren’t personally at, it’s more the types who like to get arsey and snide with match going fans over opinions and views expressed that they don’t like. We’ve seen it on here for years, weeyin, Spiderpig, SteveDiggle, eddiemunster…. all big mooths trying to lecture and pontificate fans who have been at Fir Park more than the four of them put together in recent times. 

3 minutes ago, MJC said:

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with commenting on or offering an opinion on a game you weren’t personally at, it’s more the types who like to get arsey and snide with match going fans over opinions and views expressed that they don’t like. We’ve seen it on here for years, weeyin, Spiderpig, SteveDiggle, eddiemunster…. all big mooths trying to lecture and pontificate fans who have been at Fir Park more than the four of them put together in recent times. 

18 minutes ago, MJC said:

You know folk that do go to games can regularly talk as much shite as anyone else. Some more than others . Why go if it makes you miserable.

1 minute ago, stv said:

You know folk that do go to games can regularly talk as much shite as anyone else. Some more than others . Why go if it makes you miserable.

Guilty as charged. 

26 minutes ago, MJC said:

I was going to ask how you would know if someone went to games or not but obviously there's folk on here who live abroad. Apart from that I have no idea. 

3 hours ago, MJC said:

Whatever happened to Steve Diggle? Always enjoyed his contribution to Steelmen Online.

I think the contrary views is what makes the forum successful.

Enjoy your contributions too MJC even if I don't always agree. It livens things up nicely.

Well done to Kettlewell and the team for getting us over the line. Motherwell maintain their top flight status yet again. Remember one of only three teams in Scotland to maintain that very proud record.

All involved did really well to turn the pre Christmas form around. Would have liked a Cup run and top 6 but survival is the marker for success every year.

Can't wait for the new Kettlewell out thread in late August!!! Meantime we can relax a bit.

16 minutes ago, star sail said:

Whatever happened to Steve Diggle? Always enjoyed his contribution to Steelmen Online.

I think the contrary views is what makes the forum successful.

Enjoy your contributions too MJC even if I don't always agree. It livens things up nicely.

Well done to Kettlewell and the team for getting us over the line. Motherwell maintain their top flight status yet again. Remember one of only three teams in Scotland to maintain that very proud record.

All involved did really well to turn the pre Christmas form around. Would have liked a Cup run and top 6 but survival is the marker for success every year.

Can't wait for the new Kettlewell out thread in late August!!! Meantime we can relax a bit.

Absolutely. I thought pre Christmas that we were going to end up in the play off place. I think if Mika hadn't had that injury and we hadn't lost him it would have been a very different season. However it's been great to see Theo Bair hit form. Gent and Vale have done well and Spittal also - sorry he's going. 

It was also great to get that win yesterday and survival assured for another season. 

Beating Rangers was great as well. A team performance if that's the right expression. 

• Like 1