The Well Society - Live the Dream

Speedie85

The roar of the crowd, the excitement as you step out of the tunnel and onto the hallowed Fir Park turf – here is your chance to Live the Dream as a Motherwell player for the day.

Today we launch an exclusive opportunity for Well Society members to play on the pitch on the evening of Friday 24 May 2024, with all money raised going to The Well Society.

There are 32 places available, each giving you the chance to experience life as a professional footballer. Four of these places will be given free to fully paid up Well Society members who apply through a draw. The rest of the places will go on sale tonight on a first come, first-served basis.

To take part in the event you need to:

• Be a current adult member of The Well Society
  • Be available from 6.30pm on Friday 24 May 2024
  • This is a physically demanding event – you must be healthy enough to take part
  • Read and agree to our terms and conditions
  • Sign our disclaimer

In return you will:

• Have the chance to grace Fir Park with your footballing skills
  • Enjoy a rare opportunity to experience life as a Motherwell player
  • Receive a playing shirt with your name and number
  • Catch up with fellow players at our post-match reception
  • Gather photos and memories which will last a lifetime

Buy your place
Buy your place here. The teams are open to all genders and abilities. There are 14 places available on each team, with prices ranging from £150 for the opportunity to come off the bench as an impact sub, to £200 for a place in the starting line-up.

Win a free place
To be in with a chance for one of the free places you’ll need to be a current member of the Well Society. If you are not a member you can subscribe via this link (join by 5pm Tuesday 14 May). To get your name in the frame, email us with your details by midnight, Thursday 16 May. The draw for the places will take place at noon on Friday 17 May 2024.

Supporters
Help us create a great atmosphere for the players and celebrate fan ownership by joining us for the big match on the night. Entry will be priced at £5 per person with all proceeds going to support the Club through The Well Society.

2 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

You really need to announce these things sooner to allow people a chance to get fit! 😆😆😆

I got an email about it a few weeks ago but I agree. 😂. Fatso here broke her nose at the end of January and hasn't set foot in the gym since. I'd be blowing out my arse after five minutes 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

You really need to announce these things sooner to allow people a chance to get fit! 😆😆😆

For me, that announcement would need to have happened around 1994.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, weeyin said:

For me, that announcement would need to have happened around 1994.

A couple of months ago would have done.

No chance Im losing half a stone by next Friday though!

Someone just sent me a message on twitter saying they hope steelboy plays so they can critique him the way he critiques the Motherwell players 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Come on steelboy. You know you want to. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Someone just sent me a message on twitter saying they hope steelboy plays so they can critique him the way he critiques the Motherwell players 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

He won’t but it would be fun with the comments 🤣

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Was thinking he should be picking the teams and managing one of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, texanwellfan said:

Seems only fair then that there should also be a topic on here just for the MFC players to use screen names and comment on the folks playing 😀

Aye. Get Bair and Spits to come on. Big sod as well. Tell folk how they could improve. 🤣

1 hour ago, wellgirl said:

He can't kick doors at halloween

Even at 48 I'd have been very interested in this but being outside the U.K. I need a wee bit more warning. Hopefully they'll do it again next year.

On 5/18/2024 at 12:46 PM, Richie said:

Would happily sign up and am thinking about it, but just turned 45 and haven't played 5's/7's since Covid.

Would be blowing out of my arse after 10 minutes.

They are selling the last places at  discounted rate 😉

• Like 1

On 5/18/2024 at 12:46 PM, Richie said:

Would happily sign up and am thinking about it, but just turned 45 and haven't played 5's/7's since Covid.

Would be blowing out of my arse after 10 minutes.

Yeah, I said on P&B if there had more notice about this (and the potential for it to open up to non-members) with more than a few weeks' notice I'd have been right up for it, but I'm nowhere near as fit as I would need to be to actually enjoy the game.