Jump to content

Supporter Conduct and the Cost to the Club


wellfan
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

I emailed club and well society 4 weeks ago about concerns regarding the fines we are been paying. Not had a single reply so that's the well society membership being cancelled,  quite sure they wont be in least bit bothered but hey ho. 

Fair play to you, if they can't be bothered to reply to paying members about legitimate concerns then it kinda shows the mentality of some.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mccus28 said:

Fair play to you, if they can't be bothered to reply to paying members about legitimate concerns then it kinda shows the mentality of some.

Cheers bud,  not trying to be a martyr but just so disappointed with lack of reply yet happy to let board members post photos of the displays that have cost us another €21,000.

Not even in mood for telling a joke so heyyyyyy....every cloud 🤪

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

I emailed club and well society 4 weeks ago about concerns regarding the fines we have been paying. Not had a single reply so that's the well society membership being cancelled,  quite sure they wont be in least bit bothered but hey ho. 

I get that 100% Grizzly and I know a few others have become a bit disillusioned with the Society, as have I. The issue of the POD seats annoyed me. 

Of late, communication has been an issue for me. We are frequently kept informed of minor matters(nothing wrong with that per se), but not of major strategic matters such as the training complex or the feasibility report. As for the latter, I'm not expecting a detailed blow by blow account but simply an update on progress. 

In contrast, some members have encountered difficulties in getting their feedback taken on board or even considered. Not good enough for a fan led organisation. I have wondered of late  just how much actual power the Society holds on the MFC board, despite being the proxy owner. 

Sorry for the off topic rant, but its been coming for a while, and Grizzly's post was the catalyst.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I have wondered of late  just how much actual power the Society holds on the MFC board, despite being the proxy owner. 

 

As you know Dave im not a WS member and never will be, as ive always maintained that the club is too small for true fan ownership, so i get the impression that the WS reps are quite happy to take the recognition of a seat on the board etc, but on a sit quietly and say nothing basis.

For me they are only informed about. What the club board wants them to know and the wont raise their heads above the parapet to raise the real issues, ie fan conduct, inadequate seating, ridiculous kick off times etc.

The fans are contributing significant amounts of cash into what is effectively a rainy day fund for the board but get no significant information or consultation on any major desicion affecting the club in return.

True fan ownership would see the WS memers as individual shareholders in their own right and collectively the major shareholder, so change is required.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Suprawell said:

What's this?  The bowling committee style approach to running a football club might not work after all...who'd have thought it?

The Well Society doesn't run the club. The Board fulfills those duties. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I get that 100% Grizzly and I know a few others have become a bit disillusioned with the Society, as have I. The issue of the POD seats annoyed me. 

Of late, communication has been an issue for me. We are frequently kept informed of minor matters(nothing wrong with that per se), but not of major strategic matters such as the training complex or the feasibility report. As for the latter, I'm not expecting a detailed blow by blow account but simply an update on progress. 

In contrast, some members have encountered difficulties in getting their feedback taken on board or even considered. Not good enough for a fan led organisation. I have wondered of late  just how much actual power the Society holds on the MFC board, despite being the proxy owner. 

Sorry for the off topic rant, but its been coming for a while, and Grizzly's post was the catalyst.

Agree with this 100%. The silence from the Society as well as the Club on a variety of issues shows little respect for fans that have raised concerns. There appears to be a unified approach in ignoring such matters and trusting them to disappear. I have no doubt the points you mention will have been discussed by both Boards, separately and jointly, but more with the intention of playing matters down rather than addressing valid concerns. 

As for who runs the Club. I don't think anyone is suggesting the Society is in a position to/or should resolve all the issues under discussion. But the Society should at the very least be highlighting concerns and pushing the Club Board to come up with reasonable proposals. And to also present regular updates regarding infrastructure matters.

It all comes across as very cosy and secretive. In fact much like the situation before the Barmack repercussions. Sad to say.

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Being on the WS board is a big commitment and totally appreciate the work that gets done.  Does sometimes feel like happy to take any praise and enjoy the overseas trips but any issues that need addressed they don't want to get involved. Just my view

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I get the feeling that the Board and/or WS don't want to play the bad cop by dishing out some punishments.

That's fair enough after the initial incidents, pointing out the penalities and asking to not to repeat.

Now there has been a repeat, however, they need to take appropriate action. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

I emailed club and well society 4 weeks ago about concerns regarding the fines we have been paying. Not had a single reply so that's the well society membership being cancelled,  quite sure they wont be in least bit bothered but hey ho. 

I can see their point can't answer every email . They could come from anywhere jurnos included . It would be a full time job for someone. Who will probably need some approval from others before a reply is even considered, so they don't say the wrong thing in a society email .

Also if they did reply to all emails, the replys would be plastered all over Facebook and forums for every tom dick n harry to pick over it with a microscope. I'm sure email has been noted but paying a couple of quid a month doesn't give you any preferencal treatment really to demand a reply .

That's a problem with fan ownership everyone thinks they are a major share holder, deserve recognition and should have a say in every decision 🙄 

They way they are running it seems fine to me and it's producing results.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, stv said:

Also if they did reply to all emails, the replys would be plastered all over Facebook and forums for every tom dick n harry to pick over it with a microscope. I'm sure email has been noted but paying a couple of quid a month doesn't give you any preferencal treatment really to demand a reply That's a problem with fan ownership everyone thinks they are a major share holder, deserve recognition and should have a say in every decision 🙄 

Sorry, don't agree. Given the posters involved, the Society will know who they are. The ones who have commented on here are extremely unlikely to be emailing them constantly over multifarious trivial issues. Unless the communication is illegal in nature, fractious or abusive then I think members are entitled to a reply. The Society does need to be more open. Its essential in fact.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, stv said:

I can see their point can't answer every email . They could come from anywhere jurnos included . It would be a full time job for someone. Who will probably need some approval from others before a reply is even considered, so they don't say the wrong thing in a society email .

Also if they did reply to all emails, the replys would be plastered all over Facebook and forums for every tom dick n harry to pick over it with a microscope. I'm sure email has been noted but paying a couple of quid a month doesn't give you any preferencal treatment really to demand a reply .

That's a problem with fan ownership everyone thinks they are a major share holder, deserve recognition and should have a say in every decision 🙄 

They way they are running it seems fine to me and it's producing results.

No worries pal but I certainly wasn't expecting preferential treatment. I was highlighting a very valid concern and although I wouldn't expect a war and peace reply I would have hoped after 4 weeks there would have been some response.

I also did highlight that I appreciate the work they do as its a big commitment.

Ps.  No way would I share their reply on Facebook,  jeez!! The amount of moaners on there is another level 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...