0Neils40yarder Posted Saturday at 06:41 AM Report Share Posted Saturday at 06:41 AM Wasn't the 'pitch incursion' against Freiburg at home, just one individual? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
FirParkCornerExile Posted Saturday at 06:59 AM Report Share Posted Saturday at 06:59 AM 16 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said: Wasn't the 'pitch incursion' against Freiburg at home, just one individual? Does it matter? UEFA would end up in some mess if a headcount had to be taken to determine if its a pitch incursion. One or 100 its all the same. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
0Neils40yarder Posted Saturday at 08:21 AM Report Share Posted Saturday at 08:21 AM 1 hour ago, FirParkCornerExile said: Does it matter? UEFA would end up in some mess if a headcount had to be taken to determine if its a pitch incursion. One or 100 its all the same. Yes of course it matters...because surely the one person could be easily identified. Maybe my memories playing tricks on me, but im almost sure it was one lad 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dennyc Posted Saturday at 09:00 AM Report Share Posted Saturday at 09:00 AM Have Motherwell any intention or willing to identify those responsible? So far it would appear not. And before the usual suspects jump in, I'm not targeting one particular group here. Any supporter who enters the pitch or sets off Pyros should be barred from future games. And Clubs need to work together to ensure it is a Scotland wide ban. Maybe then we would save ourselves a fortune. It really is shocking how poor MFC have been in addressing the issue. Softly softly approach clearly has no effect whatsoever. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
santheman Posted Saturday at 10:05 AM Report Share Posted Saturday at 10:05 AM 3 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said: Wasn't the 'pitch incursion' against Freiburg at home, just one individual? It was but speaking to a UEFA delegate I know he says the rules are quite clear that ANY type of pitch incursion incurs an initial €5k fine. Some of the rules he told me about are very petty, eg fined if an advertising hoarding isn't a certain distance from the pitch, fined if a sponsors logo on the strip isn't pre approved by UEFA among others. A money making exercise if ever there was one. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
0Neils40yarder Posted Saturday at 10:36 AM Report Share Posted Saturday at 10:36 AM 29 minutes ago, santheman said: It was but speaking to a UEFA delegate I know he says the rules are quite clear that ANY type of pitch incursion incurs an initial €5k fine. Some of the rules he told me about are very petty, eg fined if an advertising hoarding isn't a certain distance from the pitch, fined if a sponsors logo on the strip isn't pre approved by UEFA among others. A money making exercise if ever there was one. You're definitely right about UEFAs fining policy being all about the money...but I was really meaning more about the lad in question being easily identified, should the club want to go down that road Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kmcalpin Posted Saturday at 10:39 AM Report Share Posted Saturday at 10:39 AM 31 minutes ago, santheman said: It was but speaking to a UEFA delegate I know he says the rules are quite clear that ANY type of pitch incursion incurs an initial €5k fine. Some of the rules he told me about are very petty, eg fined if an advertising hoarding isn't a certain distance from the pitch, fined if a sponsors logo on the strip isn't pre approved by UEFA among others. A money making exercise if ever there was one. Absolutely. It wouldn't surprise me if we have to pay the fines immediately, but have to wait until the end of the season for our prize money. A parcel of rogues if ever there was one. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
FirParkCornerExile Posted Saturday at 11:01 AM Report Share Posted Saturday at 11:01 AM 2 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said: Yes of course it matters...because surely the one person could be easily identified. Maybe my memories playing tricks on me, but im almost sure it was one lad Apologies , I thought you were coming from the point of whether a fine is appropriate or not. There is ZERO reason why Motherwell cant identify these arseholes. Why they dont I dont know. Why are they not detained at the ground and fully identified and banned. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
weeyin Posted Saturday at 01:02 PM Report Share Posted Saturday at 01:02 PM 2 hours ago, santheman said: It was but speaking to a UEFA delegate I know he says the rules are quite clear that ANY type of pitch incursion incurs an initial €5k fine. Some of the rules he told me about are very petty, eg fined if an advertising hoarding isn't a certain distance from the pitch, fined if a sponsors logo on the strip isn't pre approved by UEFA among others. A money making exercise if ever there was one. I get that the rules feel petty at times, but you only need to look at Man City to see what happens when you don't have rules - or you do have rules, and the big teams try to circumvent them. It's much easier to have a single set of regulations that everyone has to follow than spend time and money evaluating every one of the hundreds of clubs every week. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
FirParkCornerExile Posted Saturday at 06:18 PM Report Share Posted Saturday at 06:18 PM 5 hours ago, weeyin said: I get that the rules feel petty at times, but you only need to look at Man City to see what happens when you don't have rules - or you do have rules, and the big teams try to circumvent them. It's much easier to have a single set of regulations that everyone has to follow than spend time and money evaluating every one of the hundreds of clubs every week. I've been going to Fir Park for 52 years, Ive seen many moments of high passion and excitement and not once have I felt compelled to enter the field of play. What the fuck is wrong with these arseholes? Whether folk think some rules are petty or not how fuckin hard is it to go to football watch your team enjoy the excitement or suffer the despair and go home or the pub without getting involved with Police, Stewards or causing fines for the club. I seriously hate these cunts. 3 2 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MJC Posted 14 hours ago Report Share Posted 14 hours ago As to the question of why the club have been taken a softly softly approach to this…could one of the top men involved in one of these groups holding a very high position within the Well Society have something to do with it? 4 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
santheman Posted 14 hours ago Report Share Posted 14 hours ago 23 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said: You're definitely right about UEFAs fining policy being all about the money...but I was really meaning more about the lad in question being easily identified, should the club want to go down that road Apologies for misinterpreting your post. Aye you would think so given the amount of cameras in the ground. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
grizzlyg Posted 13 hours ago Report Share Posted 13 hours ago 49 minutes ago, MJC said: As to the question of why the club have been taken a softly softly approach to this…could one of the top men involved in one of these groups holding a very high position within the Well Society have something to do with it? The same member that happily posted about 4 or 5 photos of the pyro display in freiburg on Instagram after the game? On our forum the views are very varied and balanced and folk giving their honest assessment but jeez!! some of the comments on Facebook beggar belief. One poster had no issue with fine as hey!! we have raked in £15 million over the last year! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wellfan Posted 13 hours ago Author Report Share Posted 13 hours ago It’s definitely not Block E. https://www.instagram.com/p/Dc0zI7XiH6G/?stkn=MWxsYjAxbDM5ZDc1ag== 1 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
grizzlyg Posted 13 hours ago Report Share Posted 13 hours ago 7 minutes ago, santheman said: Apologies for misinterpreting your post. Aye you would think so given the amount of cameras in the ground. Ye you would think easily to identify individuals concerned. We are not talking about lifetime bans etc, say even a 3 month ban just to send out a signal that these incidents are costing the club. A bit hypocritical of me as when I was 10 years old I ran onto pitch after we gained point home to Clydebank to get promotion! 🤣🤣🤣 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Spiderpig Posted 13 hours ago Report Share Posted 13 hours ago 35 minutes ago, wellfan said: It’s definitely not Block E. https://www.instagram.com/p/Dc0zI7XiH6G/?stkn=MWxsYjAxbDM5ZDc1ag== Controversial post, on here the wee angels in block E can do no wrong in the eyes of some posters. As i said in an earlier post the club know who is responsible for 99.99% of any recorded incidents, and before anyone jumps in with" it might only be certain individuals" they gather as a group collectively so they must be prepared to accept the blame colletively for any wrong doing. The club needs to toughen its stance before it ends up spending all its spare cash on fines. 3 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
grizzlyg Posted 12 hours ago Report Share Posted 12 hours ago 1 hour ago, wellfan said: It’s definitely not Block E. https://www.instagram.com/p/Dc0zI7XiH6G/?stkn=MWxsYjAxbDM5ZDc1ag== Something up with guys camera as some of the faces aren't in focus! 🤪, plus is that a train carriage that was spray painted? If freiburg fans done that to a bus replacement service here there would have been outrage 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
grizzlyg Posted 12 hours ago Report Share Posted 12 hours ago I emailed club and well society 4 weeks ago about my concerns regarding the fines. Didn't highlight any group, just a generalisation. Have i had a reply? Of course not Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Great Balls of Shire Posted 11 hours ago Report Share Posted 11 hours ago 3 hours ago, MJC said: As to the question of why the club have been taken a softly softly approach to this…could one of the top men involved in one of these groups holding a very high position within the Well Society have something to do with it? I dont know who the individual is , im not that familiar with the individuals on ws, i pay a 10r a month, which looks like its being frittered away. Maybe the individual could appeal to his posse and point out, we ain't a rich club. If he isn't prepared to get involved in that, maybe should give up his position? The pyros are colourful and spectacular but its costing club money , so how about reigning it in. Unlike FPE , I dont hate them although I can see why you would...I just find the whole ultra thing and some of the virtue signalling tedious, I go to see Mfc win and watch fitba, if I want a firework display, I can go to one. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MJC Posted 11 hours ago Report Share Posted 11 hours ago 6 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said: I just find the whole ultra thing and some of the virtue signalling tedious, I go to see Mfc win and watch fitba, if I want a firework display, I can go to one. My views exactly. These people, call them whatever you wish, just use football and the clubs they claim to support as a vehicle for virtue signalling and attention seeking. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
David Posted 6 hours ago Report Share Posted 6 hours ago 6 hours ago, grizzlyg said: A bit hypocritical of me as when I was 10 years old I ran onto pitch after we gained point home to Clydebank to get promotion! 🤣🤣🤣 And I'm sure the older sweetie paper rustlers of the day were looking down their noses at you back then! 👀 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
FirParkCornerExile Posted 4 hours ago Report Share Posted 4 hours ago 1 hour ago, David said: And I'm sure the older sweetie paper rustlers of the day were looking down their noses at you back then! 👀 The difference then was fines were not being imposed and despite several pleas by the club not to do it the arseholes still do it , they just don't care. If you are happy for the clubs finances to be wasted on wankers who cant stay in their seat it says more about you than I could. As an older sweetie paper rustler I never required to run onto the park as a youngster and if the club were under financial sanctions we face today when I was 10 year old and tried to go on the park the adult with me would have booted my arse. I could just about make an excuse for a 10 year old but have you seen the age of some of the fuds who let off Pyros and go on the park. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
grizzlyg Posted 4 hours ago Report Share Posted 4 hours ago 2 hours ago, David said: And I'm sure the older sweetie paper rustlers of the day were looking down their noses at you back then! 👀 You don't know half of it pal....I was even on back page of Motherwell times 🤣🤣 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
well_said Posted 4 hours ago Report Share Posted 4 hours ago 16 minutes ago, grizzlyg said: You don't know half of it pal....I was even on back page of Motherwell times 🤣🤣 You were also on crimewatch for criminal jokes.🤣 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
grizzlyg Posted 4 hours ago Report Share Posted 4 hours ago 5 minutes ago, well_said said: You were also on crimewatch for criminal jokes.🤣 Countless times bud Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.