David Posted 2 hours ago Report Share Posted 2 hours ago 42 minutes ago, dennyc said: But Motherwell simply identifying individuals and then passing the buck to the police and Court System is nonsense. No one is saying that, though, especially not me. I said if anyone is seen to be breaking the law (and under the Fireworks and Pyrotechnic Articles Scotland Act 2022, it is an offence to possess pyrotechnic articles at designated sporting events) then they should be dealt with accordingly by the authorities, as well as "alongside their season ticket being revoked and them personally being banned." Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
weeyin Posted 2 hours ago Report Share Posted 2 hours ago 22 minutes ago, David said: No one is saying that, though, especially not me. I said if anyone is seen to be breaking the law (and under the Fireworks and Pyrotechnic Articles Scotland Act 2022, it is an offence to possess pyrotechnic articles at designated sporting events) then they should be dealt with accordingly by the authorities, as well as "alongside their season ticket being revoked and them personally being banned." We were fined 20,000 Euros for fans discharging pyro in Germany. Even if we were able to identify them, I can't see the Scottish police taking any action. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
David Posted 2 hours ago Report Share Posted 2 hours ago 6 minutes ago, weeyin said: We were fined 20,000 Euros for fans discharging pyro in Germany. Even if we were able to identify them, I can't see the Scottish police taking any action. Obviously I mean that any infringement of the law is dealt with by the law in the country where the offence took place. Motherwell is a Scottish club. So I mentioned Scottish law. If a Motherwell fan assaulted someone while following our club in Europe, I obviously wouldn't expect the Scottish authorities to deal with it. The same applies here. Scotland explicitly criminalises football-match possession of pyro. From what I can see, Germany regulates pyro mainly through general explosives law and stadium/football regulations. We could potentially identify the culprits and deal with them at club level, as I mentioned previously. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dennyc Posted 1 hour ago Report Share Posted 1 hour ago 15 minutes ago, David said: No one is saying that, though, especially not me. I said if anyone is seen to be breaking the law (and under the Fireworks and Pyrotechnic Articles Scotland Act 2022, it is an offence to possess pyrotechnic articles at designated sporting events) then they should be dealt with accordingly by the authorities, as well as "alongside their season ticket being revoked and them personally being banned." The Courts and Police are snowed under as it is. How many of these referrals would actually lead to a conviction or even a court appearance no matter how well supported by evidence? And those that did reach Court would take months. Many would just result in a warning to avoid flooding the Courts.. As currently happens the Police will independently intervene in the event of more serious cases....assault as I gave earlier as an example. Where evidence is clear the Club should take immediate action, then pass details to the Police and let them decide whether to take further action. They can judge whether legal thresholds have been exceeded. That's their job. Dealing with the football side of things is the responsibility of Motherwell, not the Police. Delaying any ban only makes Motherwell look impotent and increases the possibility of repeat offences. As I say, passing the buck to look less like the bad guys. Personally I don't want to see any Motherwell fan up in Court. But I do want to see the Club taking strong enough action to address the behaviour that is costing the club tens of thousands. IF earlier comments are accurate regarding Instagram posts, what are your thoughts on a Society Board Member celebrating behaviour in Freiburg that resulted in our most recent fine? As well as the graffiti work on trains/buses. Must make it difficult for the Society as a body and perhaps explains their silence on this matter. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Spiderpig Posted 1 hour ago Report Share Posted 1 hour ago 1 hour ago, 0Neils40yarder said: How do you ban 'a group' from Fir Park? Quite easily, if the pyro displays, pitch incursions, or any other violation of the stadium code of conduct was seen to originate from a certain area of the ground, then suspend all ST't in that area and dont sell tickets for any infividual seats, . 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
David Posted 23 minutes ago Report Share Posted 23 minutes ago 1 hour ago, dennyc said: The Courts and Police are snowed under as it is. How many of these referrals would actually lead to a conviction or even a court appearance no matter how well supported by evidence? And those that did reach Court would take months. Many would just result in a warning to avoid flooding the Courts.. As currently happens the Police will independently intervene in the event of more serious cases....assault as I gave earlier as an example. Where evidence is clear the Club should take immediate action, then pass details to the Police and let them decide whether to take further action. They can judge whether legal thresholds have been exceeded. That's their job. Dealing with the football side of things is the responsibility of Motherwell, not the Police. Delaying any ban only makes Motherwell look impotent and increases the possibility of repeat offences. As I say, passing the buck to look less like the bad guys. Personally I don't want to see any Motherwell fan up in Court. But I do want to see the Club taking strong enough action to address the behaviour that is costing the club tens of thousands. So when I say "anyone actively breaking the law should be dealt with by the authorities, and the club should, whenever possible, ban and revoke season tickets" you agree? I don't understand the conversation we seem to be having? 1 hour ago, Spiderpig said: Quite easily, if the pyro displays, pitch incursions, or any other violation of the stadium code of conduct was seen to originate from a certain area of the ground, then suspend all ST't in that area and dont sell tickets for any infividual seats, So if someone, for whatever reason, decides to run onto the pitch, or otherwise violates the stadium code of conduct, and they happen to have a ticket for the section you sit in, the same rule should apply? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
0Neils40yarder Posted 19 minutes ago Report Share Posted 19 minutes ago 1 hour ago, Spiderpig said: Quite easily, if the pyro displays, pitch incursions, or any other violation of the stadium code of conduct was seen to originate from a certain area of the ground, then suspend all ST't in that area and dont sell tickets for any infividual seats, . Dear oh dear...mind the boy that assaulted Leighton? Running out from the Cooper...your answer would have been close the Cooper Stand 🤔🫣 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.