Rumour Quashed

Guest 'Flow

Guest 'Flow

Just nipping this one in the bud for our fans quickly before it is picked up on (as no doubt it will be) and grows un-needed arms and legs!

Some members of the press contacted the club yesterday and again today about the situation at Clyde FC. A rumour doing the rounds, apparently, is that the reason why NLC are putting pressure on Clyde is because Motherwell have enquired about the use of Broadwood Stadium "Whilst we get our ground up to scratch" (whatever that means). There has also been some sort of suggestion that we would play our post-split fixtures there in order to start our planned remedial work at Fir Park early. All absolutely, completely and utterly 150% not true.

When the first Radio Station phoned us about it yesterday it was the very first time we (I.E. Motherwell FC) had heard anything about it at all. There hasn't been any contact whatsoever between Motherwell FC and North Lanarkshire Council about the use of Broadwood Stadium.

The club will rip up the pitch at the first possible opportunity (depends on the location of the final day of the SPL season) and sort out the on-going problems we have had and the new drainage, under-soil heating and pitch will be ready in plenty of time for the new SPL season due to start in the middle of August.

Furthermore, it is worthwhile highlighting that Motherwell FC would support Clyde, a fellow North Lanarkshire team, in any way possible in its attempts to continue as a club. The stories are ludicrous and from Clyde's point of view, not helpful in the slightest.

Cheers

'Flow

Guest 'Flow
What rumour :thumbup:

:lol: Ummm:

A rumour doing the rounds, apparently, is that the reason why NLC are putting pressure on Clyde is because Motherwell have enquired about the use of Broadwood Stadium "Whilst we get our ground up to scratch" (whatever that means). There has also been some sort of suggestion that we would play our post-split fixtures there in order to start our planned remedial work at Fir Park early. All absolutely, completely and utterly 150% not true

Guest 'Flow

:thumbup:

Naw, no quite mate! Just taken a few calls from the press about it and I've actually just noticed there is a small thread on FPC about it too.

We've got no idea where it has came from but as to avoid alot of discussion; can confirm that it is not true!

The new CCC strip will be revealed, in its entirety, in May :lol:

'Flow

Well done Flow for nipping this rumour in the bud. Its not often MFC has acted so quickly to scotch such tales.

I know you say that the club doesn't have a clue as to how this rumour originated, but if you do find out I'd be intertested to know.

The club will rip up the pitch at the first possible opportunity (depends on the location of the final day of the SPL season) and sort out the on-going problems we have had and the new drainage, under-soil heating and pitch will be ready in plenty of time for the new SPL season due to start in the middle of August.

I thought this part was teh rumour..... :lol::thumbup:

Guest 'Flow
Well done Flow for nipping this rumour in the bud. Its not often MFC has acted so quickly to scotch such tales.

I know you say that the club doesn't have a clue as to how this rumour originated, but if you do find out I'd be intertested to know.

We have no idea... One suggestion is that at one point (and in rare occasions, we still do) the club use(d) Media House for "crisis" management press stories (Phil, Pitch etc) and as far as I know, they (Media House) are working for NLC on this case and some in the press may have put two and two together from that. No idea?

However, obviously there is a lot of emotion about this case with Clyde, something Motherwell fans will know all too well given the events of April 2002. Given that, we didn't want any misinformation or bad blood to wrongly appear when there is no substance in the suggestions whatsoever.

I thought this part was teh rumour..... :P:lol:

:thumbup:

Well, let's just say 'Well fans will be fed up watching the progress of the remedial work (on the Official Site) come the end of the summer!

'Flow

A rumour doing the rounds, apparently, is that the reason why NLC are putting pressure on Clyde is because Motherwell have enquired about the use of Broadwood Stadium "Whilst we get our ground up to scratch" (whatever that means).

Thats the rumour, isnt it? :thumbup:

4 club merger .......... Motherwell, Clyde, Albion Rovers and Clydebank become North Lanarkshire Wanderers playing alternate weeks at Broadwood and New Broomfield until The Craig is finished in 5 to 10 years. In the interim we get a brick by brick sneak preview in the match programme :thumbup:

Would this not be better on the official site, where more people, including the press, would go instead of on a public message board? :D

Can't imagine the papers having "'Flow has today announced..." etc

Thing is though, the official site only deals in the facts and 'official' announcements etc - not rumours.

'Flow posted that there was already something starting up about this on FPC and was telling us on here to let us know there was no truth in it. Putting it on the official site would only draw much more attention to something that, from what we've been told, isn't true.

Well done on quoshing the rumour.

Good luck to Clyde

Good to see that there's a commitment to get our pitch sorted and there's also a commitment for a bit of transparency on the ongoing works.

This reaction to a scandalous rumour puts what loads of people were saying about the scandalous situation of the failure to fix our pitch last year into perspective quite nicely for me though. i.e. if we were all wrong - the club would have quickly responded to quosh the rumours and accusations.

A wee bit of an apology of some description or some sort of acknowledgement that the fans were actually correct, would be good at some point

Guest 'Flow
Thing is though, the official site only deals in the facts and 'official' announcements etc - not rumours.

'Flow posted that there was already something starting up about this on FPC and was telling us on here to let us know there was no truth in it. Putting it on the official site would only draw much more attention to something that, from what we've been told, isn't true.

Nail hit and head :D

Going for informal because as yet, nothing has appeared in any of the papers or TV/Radio. This is just an informal confirmation to our fans (if they themselves hear anything) that there isn't any truth in it whatsoever!

Cheers

Flow

Cheers

'Flow

I seem to remember this being promised last season forgive me if i don't hold my Breath :lol:

I truly hope so m8 as i think it damaged us this season, we had to change our style of play DRASTICALLY where we used to go out and try to destroy teams in the first 30 mins we became more cautious (who can blame the players with the bounce of the ball being so unpredictable) and more of a countering team.

Regardless a season to be proud of again if we remember who we are we are still punching well above our weight.

I just hope M.F.C hold there word this time.

PLEASE prove me wrong.