In's And Out's

AndyRoss

mcghee was definetly building for the future! his own!, slane to celtic, quinn to celtic, there were a couple of players influenced to consider the tic as a future club. i know this for sure. looking after himself when he made the move across there as manager.

oh thats right mowbray got the job!

what a shame

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not saying the deal wasn't done. Im saying, paul had NOTHING to do with it. IF it was done, it was motherwell who done it.

As I understand it, verbal agreement between Mr McGhee and Chris McCart and a sum of circa £40,000 prior to the move north. Chris McCart enquired as to the progress and was advised otherwise as the verbal agreement had more holes than swiss cheese. He's since been heard to agree with members of staff within the club that he couldn't purchase him for ten times that value now.

Not trying to be smart assed, info likely to be questioned. Source? Two of the clubs sponsors with a bigger than average input.

In 4 months, Klimpl falls from fans' favourite to shite player.

Having said that, there's no way he would make the team now. Where is he now I wonder?

I never liked Klimpl. He was a total bomscare, had a terrible touch, rash in the challenge and his passing was awful. He was never a favourite of mine!

if the choice was between klimpl or reynolds to start in the holding role on saturday klimpl would win hands down.

if everybody (except faddy) becomes shite when they leave motherwell.

I think they're disliked rather than become shite. Disliked more if they move to one of the old firm. i don't think Walker, O'Donnell, McDonald, Pearson, Lambert, Boyd, McCulloch were shite - they just got pelters for ending up at the OF.

I'll back johnstone up here - to be fair he never really liked Klimpl - I saw something in him and it was horses for courses for where we were last season and I wanted him to sign on permanently even though he faded in the last few games. Looking back I think we're now in a better place as a club and don't need him.

I'd have Mark Reynolds over Klimpl any day of the week now. if Reynolds is given an extended run ther I think he might develop into a great player.

I think they're disliked rather than become shite. Disliked more if they move to one of the old firm. i don't think Walker, O'Donnell, McDonald, Pearson, Lambert, Boyd, McCulloch were shite - they just got pelters for ending up at the OF.
Aye Lambert won the Champions League and Gary Mac won an EPL league title and a European trophy (to name a few). Not too shabby.

To be fair to McGhee, maybe he didn't think the boys were ready to play for the first team yet. They were a year younger, and at that age a year is a long time. In the push for top six he obviously thought experience was our best bet, rather than pushing the youngsters in too early.

Obviously, the subsequent banter regarding these Slane / McCart dealings if true render him an absolute fucking scumbag c**t of the highest order, but these boys maybe needed the extra year and someone with a bit more faith in youth to perform to the levels they seem to be capable of at the moment.

someone with a bit more faith in youth

I was told by a shareholder recently that McGhee was asked why none of the young players was given a chance in the 'bottom six' games, and he said that no one in the under-19s was good enough. Apparently he took little, or no, interest in the youths and so had no idea.

Or maybe over the extremely short close season there was a stellar increase in ability... :notworthy:

Or maybe he genuinely thought that the youngsters weren't good enough to play in the first team. Remember, Gannon has a system that is based around the abilities of the players he has. McGhee had different options and a different system.

If Clarkson, Porter, Quinn, McLean, McCormack, Klimpl etc. were available to Gannon, there might be one or two youngsters not getting their chance yet either.

Or maybe he genuinely thought that the youngsters weren't good enough to play in the first team. Remember, Gannon has a system that is based around the abilities of the players he has. McGhee had different options and a different system.

If Clarkson, Porter, Quinn, McLean, McCormack, Klimpl etc. were available to Gannon, there might be one or two youngsters not getting their chance yet either.

If McGhee was still here Fitzpatrick, McGarry and Darren Smith would probably be in ahead of the youngsters that are finally getting their chance the now.

I was told by a shareholder recently that McGhee was asked why none of the young players was given a chance in the 'bottom six' games, and he said that no one in the under-19s was good enough. Apparently he took little, or no, interest in the youths and so had no idea.

Or maybe over the extremely short close season there was a stellar increase in ability... ;)

What he said at tha AGM was that he didn't think they were ready to come in and play every week and get third place last season, but that they would be good players in a couple of seasons.

He spoke highly of Hutchinson and Saunders in particular.

McGhee was aiming for Europe immediately, while Gannon is aiming for Europe once these guys mature - big difference in aims there, and I don't have an issue with either.

Aye Lambert won the Champions League and Gary Mac won an EPL league title and a European trophy (to name a few). Not too shabby.

And most of us would have cheered them onto that no question. Lambert wasted it signing for the Rattlers but hey ho. Wisnae shite though so aye agreed.

9 centre halfs! I dont even think we've had 9 centre halfs on the books at one time, never mind on the field together!

Sharp again finzster.

I was tongue-in-cheekedly referring to the St Mirren game that we lost (I think) - when we had a centre back at right back, two centre backs in central defence and two centre backs in midfield.

But you knew that right :P

I'd have Mark Reynolds over Klimpl any day of the week now. if Reynolds is given an extended run ther I think he might develop into a great player.

it was it was a straight either or i'd have reynolds as well but if you'd have given me the choice at 20 past 3 on saturday to switch him with klimpl i'd have had maros on in a second.

we've got a serious problem in midfield. gannon obviously thought reynolds might solve it for us but he showed on saturday he can't. coke and forbes both look good but if the two of them play in a two in the centre and we play any combination of slane, o'brien or humphrey on the wings we'll be leaving ourselves far too open.

...Or maybe he knew he was leaving and would rather play guys who he knew were going down south, rather than give our U19s some invaluable experience to stand them in good stead for this season, where they're competing against his team.

Throw in Roswell and the Grassy Knoll and I think you'd hit perfection there.

Good start for Buzz at Brighton - he must have been keen to impress after getting the call to arms after Kuipers got sent off just prior to HT when it was 2-1 to 'udders feeled. He managed to keep it down to 7-1. Blinder!

I can't confirm whether Burley was in the crowd or not.

Go Buzz!

I have to admit that I laughed when I seen the highlights this morning. Some of the goals there was nothing he could do about but I don't think that'll help his chances of being first choice keeper.