In's And Out's

AndyRoss

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh, Hammy hasn't exactly set the heather on fire since his return has he? We've been saying for 2 season, "just give it a while longer and he'll be back to his best". Aye, he's been a decent servant to the club, but there is no place for sentiments in football. If the gaffer is happy enough to punt him and feel that he has adequate cover then so be it. All the best anyway Hammy, whatever happens.

Seeing as he's a st mirren fan, don't rule this out :doh:

Shug

And with Mehmet apparently going to Turkey he may go back to playing up front.

Would be sad to see two of our more experience players go, but in Gannon we trust!

Have to say would be ok about both Hammell and McGarry leaving. Hammell's probably one of our highest earners and really he's been pants for a while now. McGarry is a 1st div player as far as im concerned. Hopefully it'll allow JG to get a couple of players in. :doh: .

I think it IS time for Hammell to go but wouldn't be delighted with him going to Accies or St Mirren. Dundee would be good but can't see him at that level. Although who would have though Klimpl's move would have been to the First Division?

Dosen't matter if the First Division is his level or not. Klimpl is better than the Man City of the north but he's headed there. Maybe's Hammell is a mercenary?

Still reckon he'll head to St Mirren though.

I'd be disappointed to see Hammell leave although if he was to go I'd like to think we'd be looking for a fee. Other clubs wouldn't believe their luck if they were able to get him on a free transfer. It would also leave us chronically short for left backs. Much as we could play Reynolds there, I get the impression that Gannon likes to make changes during games and for his team to be flexible. Losing Hammell and replacing him with Reynolds at left back would reduce his options.

If he was to leave, I think Accies would be keen as their left-back Luis Rubiales left today after a fall-out.

If Hammell goes, I'd like to think Gannon has another left back lined up.

While Reynolds can do a good job there I was thinking that his new found versatility could be vital this season.

Kind of sums up how I feel about it.

On the basis that there's no smoke without fire, you get the impression Hammell might be on his way. A combination of not being happy at the club under Gannon, Gannon not being impressed with him and the fact that there may be clubs willing to pay cold hard cash for him are all perceived reasons that are leading to people thinking that his time with us is up. But having said that, the last 3 transfer windows, Kris Boyd has been "on his way out of Ibrox" and nothing has happened so it wouldn't stun me if Stevie Hammell was still a Motherwell player after 5 o'clock tomorrow night.

I would certainly hope that Gannon would not be giving the OK to any transfer until some cover at left back had been found. Were that not the case, it would seriously deplete our options at the back. I appreciate that should be bring in a centre back, it means Reynolds' presence at centre back might not be as crucial. But were Reynolds to suffer an injury, what would be our options at left back? Ross Forbes? Mark Fitzpatrick? Hammell's sale would leave a gap in the squad even if not a gap in the first team...

On the basis that there's no smoke without fire, you get the impression Hammell might be on his way. A combination of not being happy at the club under Gannon, Gannon not being impressed with him and the fact that there may be clubs willing to pay cold hard cash for him are all perceived reasons that are leading to people thinking that his time with us is up.

I'm also starting to think this might have a lot to do with finance. Assuming Hammell was on a better wage when he came back than when he left, he must be one of the highest earners and maybe JG feels the money could be used to bring in another 2 more versatile players.

I'm also starting to think this might have a lot to do with finance. Assuming Hammell was on a better wage when he came back than when he left, he must be one of the highest earners and maybe JG feels the money could be used to bring in another 2 more versatile players.

.....and if that IS the case I'm 100% behind him.

If that's his thinking, then fair enough. But one of these versatile guys would, for me, have to be able to play left back...

Just as well as no-one seems to know if he is off or not. We have had several hours since Bop pretty much confirmed he is offski but as yet nothing confirmed...........

I think some people have a kinda reverse psychology going on here. When a player is rumoured to leave it is usually - och well he is no the player he used to be...............

Nah I would be happy if Stevie stayed. Other players such as McGarry and Fitzy look more surplus to requirements IMHO.

I think its bloody ridiculous if we let him go.

Might just be my opinion but I think he would walk in to our first team at left back, every week!

I am in complete agreement with you there. Stevie hasnt had a bad game under Gannon i wouldnt say, not half as bad as Craigan's dodgy spell and yet hes in the team week after week.

I also dont buy that its financial as we have got rid of a helluva lot of 1st team players so there has to be money available to play with, not a great deal but surely enough to get whats required for cover for the right back position.

I will be very disappointed if Stevie leaves as he has the killer delivery to open up a defence and his experience is going to be vital with such a young squad.

Although if he goes i wish him all the best.

I think its bloody ridiculous if we let him go.

Might just be my opinion but I think he would walk in to our first team at left back, every week!

While there will be differing opinions on Hammell's ability, I don't think you'll read many posters on here (maybe 3 or 4) who think he should definitely be moved on. I think what you're reading is a few posters (myself included) who think it seems he's on his way. Not many people are saying "Good riddance". While I think his form's been patchy under Gannon (great vs Steaua at Airdrie, honking at Perth), he's the only player at the club who has played more than 15 first team games at left back for any club. So if he goes and isn't replaced, it might be described as ridiculous. Certainly risky...