In's And Out's

AndyRoss

Gannons's quote from the 'fishul site:

"I know the challenges you face at a club like this but I don’t see this as a massive one. The money is very much there and there is an opportunity to bring in players. It’s just a question of rebuilding"

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gannons's quote from the 'fishul site:

"I know the challenges you face at a club like this but I don't see this as a massive one. The money is very much there and there is an opportunity to bring in players. It's just a question of rebuilding"

It is going to be an exciting summer for 'Well fans. After endlessly an extremely tedius month or so reading about grass and football tops we could be looking at a new signing every week untill the SPL kicks off!! :lol: That, AND we have competitive fitbaw' every week.

With most other clubs able to sign one or two players AT MOST (including Aberdeen - Says theri charman :D) and playing friendlies we are the envy of alot of fans this summer!! :D

Good times to be a 'Well fan!!! :D

Signings are useless if they are pish. I'm not saying i dont have faith, i just think people are getting a bit too excited about all these signings - it doesent work like football manager.

People were even more excited when they were claiming there would be no signings.

The obvious approach is to wait and see who is brought in and how they perform before passing any judgment. It won't happen, of course, but complaining about hypotheticals is pretty pointless.

Big McLean is an established SPL player already. I'm all for Jimbo bringing up his own defenders, but IMHO Brian is worthy of a new 2 year contract. We surely can't just create a whole new team. We need some established players to build the rest of the side around. McLean even fits Jim Gannon's model of a player - he can play in several positions.

I'd rather see us sign Big Brian before Klimpl.

I think it's amazing how many people think Ritchie Foran was good. An absolute sham of a player who didn't really have any good qualities other than hitting a penalty in the bottom right corner.

Agreed. Mediocre footballer who was ridiculously over-rated.

Fine ledge was Richie Foran, picked up one of my mates burd and her pal one night after getting her number at mega - told her he was an irish accountant living in glasgow called "Charlow" <_<:lol:

he's better than mcgarry. it's worrying that we have so few players but when you consider who a few of them are it's terrifying. players don't neccesarily have to be good players to improve our squad.

and foran's record stands up in terms of scoring goals, scoring important goals and bringing in cash when he left. 35 goals from midfield. take out the pens (which we've struggled to score since he left) and you've still got 20 odd goals in less than 100 games. i'd wager that we haven't scored 20 goals from midfield since he left.

Foran could turn up still half pissed on a Saturday and could still be better than McGarry.

McGarry peaked in McGhees first season and last season was a complete waste for him.

Plus he doesnt weigh in with anywhere the amount of goals Foran scored.

Plus he doesnt weigh in with anywhere the amount of goals Foran scored.

he's scored 3 goals in 64 league starts and 24 sub appearances. B-)

the idea that we coudn't find a use for foran in a team which used mcgarry, clarkson, quinn and hammell as wide midfielders last season is ludicrous.

he's scored 3 goals in 64 league starts and 24 sub appearances. B-)

the idea that we coudn't find a use for foran in a team which used mcgarry, clarkson, quinn and hammell as wide midfielders last season is ludicrous.

Exactly mate, I said to a few people last season that Foran wouldve been worth the punt simply because of goals.

He doesnt just score penalties he could find the net from anywhere. He could be lazy but did put in a shift at the best of times.

It was a chance wasted and more fans wouldve welcomed him back than the ones who wouldve rejected him.

McLean and Hughes leaving doesn't break my heart. Are Motherwell fans seeing Brian McLean line up against us next season really going to think "Aw, naw, we'll never get past him..."? Hughes, unless Gannon can give him fresh impetus, probably needs a move. he's become too comfortable simply being the big fish at Motherwell. I suspect we might see another guy called Stephen in midfield for us next season. I'm told that we've made an enquiry about Stephen Gleeson of Wolves although we're competing with MK Dons.

I know Beevers is away to Colchester, but what of Patrick Boyle? Or Gary Smith, the young boy from Queens Park? I know the boy Smith would be one for the future, but surely Boyle would be one that should be in contention...