In's And Out's

AndyRoss

If Motherwell can´t sign any more player until wednesday, could someone tell me, if our young players are good enought, to play against Flamurtari, and are there some who could get really good players in this season?...

The question is, are Flamaturi better than Llanelli? I would say they are.

It will be a really tricky tie out there. Will be roasting, a hostile crowd and a lot of inexperienced players. We will probably get beaten.

At Aidrie it will be a different matter.

Overall its going to be a close one, but I think we have the quality to overcome them.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Motherwell can´t sign any more player until wednesday, could someone tell me, if our young players are good enought, to play against Flamurtari, and are there some who could get really good players in this season?...

The problem is that nobody knows anything about this Albanian mob. We have a week to prepare arrangements and it will be roastin. I am usually optimistic but i'd be delighted wi a score draw and i'd even take a 2-1 defeat. 0-0 Wouldn't be bad either.

MarC

Know any german players that could do with some first team experience or was that supposed to be MM.

Think our young guys all have the potential to do well this season. I think the Albania match might be a bit early for them to show what they can do.

Forbes Slane and Saunders all looked good in Wales. McHugh isn't far away nor Archdeacon. Page didn't do badly either. When you look at it like that thats is 6 players all with little first team experience. As they say you can't win anything with boys so who knows, young is fearless, older is wise.

From the comments coming from JG then he seems to suggest the boys could do with at least 6 months (was quoted in the Sunday mail that he would get loans in for 6 months and see how the youngsters develop). Think the problem we will have is the heat over in Albania and by all accounts a decent team to play against. Think he will bring in one player before wednesdays deadline.

Hey,

Just wondering if any names have been linked with Motherwell?

Also does anyone think hughes will sign with us as Aberdeen were going to pay him less?

Hi , I've heard it reported a few times to-day that Hughes is in talks with Hearts who probably could afford the wages he is after. Shouldn't be allowed given they are 30 odd mill in debt , but hey ho

so many short memories. hughes is and was class. he put in a fair whack of the top performances i've ever seen from a motherwell midfield player.

rangers (h) sept 07

hibs (a) oct 07

aberdeen (h) dec 07

hearts (a) dec 07

dundee united (h) dec 07

hibs (h) mar 08

hibs (a) may 08

rangers (h) oct 08

st mirren (a) apr 09

accies (a) may 09

all top drawer performances. it's typical of people on here to talk him down as soon he as he leaves and forget what he gave us. it's likely the same nostradamuses that boldy predicted mcdonald and mccoramack would flop and started threads wanting clarky and quinn booted out the club.

he poor at the start of last season but was playing injured and he wasn't helped by the nick of the park or having sutton, o'brien, klimpl and quinn around him rather than phil, lasley, rossco or porter. the guys a class act and we're not going to get a better player than him in that playmaker posistion.

just had a look at the swindon town website for patrick kanyuka big 6ft centre half and definately sounds like what we are looking for.

My main concern is his injury record he's played 18 times since 2004/05 season.

My guess is the names on the gossip column are far too random to be made up

on the villa website it doesn't give any more info than his d.o.b sounds like an ideal candidate for a loan deal as the guy ould have to do a lot to come into martin o neills plans

From BBC Gossip page:

Motherwell have made moves for former Swindon defender Pat Kanyuka and Aston Villa striker Sam Williams. (Daily Express)

They have been offered a trial starting next week.

Also reported in the Express was loan enquiries for John Ruddy (Everton), Fraser Foster (Newcastle) and Richard Eckersley (Man U)

these names don't fill me with confidence, if are to be concentrating on signing players from down south it should be guys with good first team experience like porter and jennings rather than youths who can't make the breakthrough in the premiership.

How many players do you think will take the pay cut to play for motherwell if they are already getting first team football at championship or premier league stage.

Remember that every player at one point was an unknown quantity our club has proved to be a great platform fro young talent to breakthrough and long may that continue.