In's And Out's

AndyRoss

Waited until all the furore died down and I'd regained my composure after last week's debacle before posting.

Jim Gannon has obviously been shocked at what he has inherited in terms of so-called experienced first team players and hasn't wasted time in saying so.

Its great to have someone come into Scottish football with a fresh perspective and who isn't in the usual Scottish football Mafia Managers clique who continually talk up Scottish football with nothing more than vested self-interest and job-security in mind when it obvious to all and sundry that the exact opposite is the case.

Scottish football has never been as low and lacking in quality as it at present and at least Gannon's had the balls to speak his mind about what we have passing for professional footballers at FP.

IMO it is highly likely that the following will be exiting FP in the not too distant future as he begins his clear-out and rebuild work - Fraser; Craigan; Lasley; McGarry; O'Brien and Smith.

Even though we lost, it was a real breath of fresh air it was to see so many talented youngsters playing last week and boy they did themselves proud. Once Gannon gets rid of the aforementioned dead wood and adds some players of his own choosing then allied with the youngsters, we may end up with not a bad side.

Understanding he's only featured in one competitive match, the jury is still out on Fraser and I feel Craigan still has something to offer. Mentioned some weeks back about the 'old boys' network that is Scottish football. Has a post summed up recent events close to home and Scottish football in general as well as this? I think not.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on the BBC quoting Daily mail that Andy Webster is to be released by rangers. Rumours are that Falkirk and dundee utd are interested. Surely we should consider him as well? Not sure of the reason why he was out of the rangers side, Though they did bring in two good players with cuellar and the egyptian guy (sorry cannae remember his name). Only thing that worries me is he wasnae better than Weir!!!! Anyone know if it was just a fall out with smith or long term injury?

Think Webster is goosed, and that is why he never got a look in at le h*n. He's not really played for about 2/3 seasons, so doubt he would be up to much any more.

I also see that John Kennedy is looking at a 7th operation on his bad knee, so that looks like curtains for his once promising career.

Has there been any news on whether the Gannon will be allowed to spend any of the capital we have brought in of late, or will it be frees and loans only for us?

Has there been any news on whether the Gannon will be allowed to spend any of the capital we have brought in of late, or will it be frees and loans only for us?

Believe the official position is that there is a budget that can be used to bring players in.

Whether the budget is used on small fees, signing on bonuses, wages or all of the above is up to the manager.

Given their age and health, I don't think Webster and Kennedy fit the Gannon model - and quite right too. Both players were quality - but too big a gamble now.

By all means dig up this post six months on if Webster pops up for a corner and headers in a late winner for the Bairns tho.

Players will come in to Fir Park over next few weeks. Like Jennings, most of us will never have heard of them.

In todays Evening Times that we are challenging the Dons for Stepover on loan a year. The Jim Paterson versus Stevie Hammell East Stand touchline challenge starts here....

(Wee Stevie would win but would obviously cut inside in doing so :P )

We could do a lot worse that get Steven MacLean on loan as well. Has a good record in the lower leagues in England and the added bonus is that it may well p*ss off MM who is apparently trying to sign him on loan for the sheep scarers.

I've said this before, but the type of football we played with patty at left back was far far better than the football played with Hammy.

With hammy everytime the ball is at left back its a case of head down and chip the ball over the right backs head into the channel, whereas with patty it was a bit more adventurous. Both are class players, i just prefer Patty.

Would be delighted if we got JP back.

I had felt Hammell had gone stale for about a season before he left us, and while I was happy to get him back when we lost JP I still don't think that he has been anything other than average in a season and a half. He still drifts out of position too often and for a defender I think his defensive qualities are poor. Whereas JP had, in my opinion, been our best player that season before leaving.

If he returned at least as good as the player we lost then that would be a tremendous signing.

Stuart.