In's And Out's

AndyRoss

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we're going a bit off topic and should really have better things to do on a friday night, but some of those pictures on the official site are tremendous, particularly when shown as a t-shirt.

The picture of Buther and Scott McDonald, be-decked in claret and amber after Skippy Sunday looks particularly bizarre considering his subsequent career. Some of what's available would get you arrested for stalking and some of it would scare the kids (some classic Willie Pettigrew photos).

Strangely too you need a password to access the youth development pictures :D

I did think that was a bit strange at first but I don't think it's the done thing to be looking at pictures of young children unless you've got a good reason eg. being a parent.

I'm not sure how welcome Garry O'Connor will be at Tynecastle!

or a jigsaw of our physio, apparently his picture is a top seller!

That would be the ultimate Secret Santa present for someone at work. When the person receiving it opens it, it'd be great to react to their inevitable look of disappointment and bafflement by saying: "I knew it. You already have one, don't you?"

But how much would we be paying? Did Everton not pay quarter of a million for him? Surely they'd be wanting a wee bit of that back?

Upon typing that I realised that quarter of a million is nothing in the Premiership, and so they probably wouldn't care. :D

Do you think we'll still bring in a wildcard signing before Wednesday? Would like to see a centre half or right back brought in before this tie also. Being greedy I know!

On the subject of the option to buy on the goalie, I don't think it really matters if we have an option or not. Unless Everton will accept about £50K we've no chance of getting him here permanently.

Do you think we'll still bring in a wildcard signing before Wednesday? Would like to see a centre half or right back brought in before this tie also. Being greedy I know!

On the subject of the option to buy on the goalie, I don't think it really matters if we have an option or not. Unless Everton will accept about £50K we've no chance of getting him here permanently.

I would imagine a transfer fee would have been agreed before he signed mate.

I don't know if this has been postede elswhere but apparently Celtic are after Paul Slane!

...and about 50% of currently active footballers since Tony Mowbray took the Celtic job, if the press are to be believed.

I sincerely hope we give them, and any others, the big feckaff. Bidding starts at £5Million. Still interested?

That would indeed be the case if he were under contract. Unfortunately it appears as if HE IS NOT. I am sure I read in one of the papers today that he would like to stay at Motherwell. Problem is - if he keeps playing the way he is of late then he is/will attract interest of many other clubs.

If that happens it will be Ross McCormack all over again. All we will be due is compensation. Which at the going rate for a Motherwell player is likely to be £56.79p :thumbup:

They tried to get him before and we knocked them back, I think we have the right man in charge now to persuade the boy to stay, develop as a player in the first team and get a big move to the Premiership rather than Celtic.

If that happens it will be Ross McCormack all over again. All we will be due is compensation. Which at the going rate for a Motherwell player is likely to be £56.79p :cheers:
If an agent can't get a big cut, he'll not be interested in moving :D

That would indeed be the case if he were under contract. Unfortunately it appears as if HE IS NOT. I am sure I read in one of the papers today that he would like to stay at Motherwell. Problem is - if he keeps playing the way he is of late then he is/will attract interest of many other clubs.

If that happens it will be Ross McCormack all over again. All we will be due is compensation. Which at the going rate for a Motherwell player is likely to be £56.79p :cheers:

I'm pretty sure he is under contract or why else is he playing with us,thing is i think he will be on a contract for an under 19 and reserve player and now would be entilted to an improved contract as a 1st team player at least i hope thats the case.

I'm pretty sure he is under contract or why else is he playing with us,thing is i think he will be on a contract for an under 19 and reserve player and now would be entilted to an improved contract as a 1st team player at least i hope thats the case.

Yes of course thats the case. If it wasn't Paul Slane wouldn't be at FP just now. Teams like the OF, Aberdeen and Hibs have a habit of nicking young talent and claiming it as their own.

The problem is that some young lads eg Ross MacCormack don't have a particularly good season and on the basis of that are either not offered a new deal or not offered an extension. Their next season is far better and off they go for a pittance. The converse of that is that offer almost all young lads good deals irrespective of how they're playing, inflating the wage bill in the process, knowing that many won't make it and cash is going down the drain.

Its imperative that Slane and Forbes get a contract asap.

Otherwise, we risk losing them for a pittance prior to the end of August.

All very well but say Celtic or Hibs or Plymouth for that matter tell them that their future is elsewhere? Hopefully the lads and their cohorts will remain level headed and stay with us for another 2/3 years to establish themselves in the first team. They will of course need to prove themselves over a season not just 4 games.

Why Paul Slane isn't on a five year contract is beyond me!! It was obvious last season that he was going to be a player ( :angry: McGhee..) and he needs to be tied up. Him and Forbes are going to have a blinding season if early signs are anything to go by and together with some good signings and rest of a good squad could really make headlines this year; beating Old Firm, Top 6, Cup Run etc...

Or Slane could go into the reserves at Celtic along with the rest of the SPL's 'best' talent.

i read something about celtic wanting slane in either record or sun this week but the article said

slane has made it clear he wants to stay with motherwell

so good news all round :angry:

Am I right in saying he's a Motherwell fan? I'd say judging by the sheer joy he showed after he scored the other night that he feels something for the club at least. Why then, if he was a Motherwell lad, would he give up the chance to play for his boyhood club each week to go rot away in the reserves.

If there is any doubt in the boy's mind then I'd feel quite confident that Gannon would be the man to convince him to stay.