In's And Out's

AndyRoss

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont know enough to comment on Richie Jones, but if he's a good as his namesake David who was also a youth player at Man Utd then we have signed a gem.

Kind of jumping the gun there big fella. Going from, an SPL club is interested to Well have signed him. More likely to be Dundee United who would be after him...

Kind of jumping the gun there big fella. Going from, an SPL club is interested to Well have signed him. More likely to be Dundee United who would be after him...

maybe even rangers if championship teams want him and hes supposed to pretty good

Best tell everyone thats booked a charter flight that the team are away. :D (It leaves tomorrow morning?)

We might have not signed anyone (or who knows, maybe its just a case of a signature?) but I feel its very very promosing that we have got guys on trial who fit the bill on what were looking for. What I can remember a Man Utd reserve player - Ritchie de Laet? a "big African centre-back" according to someone else.

All looks promosing to me, I'd probably expect a signature or two when the boys get back and get at least a new face in for the following Thursday as a wildcard.

Think I saw big Pat walking up Airbles Road near Kwik Fit on my way home tonight. He's flippin' huge, hope he can play a bit and we sign him as he'll scare quite a few in the SPL.

Was pat knocked back by another SPL club?

As for slane and indeed all the young guys all you have to do is look at the wembly cup. pre season friendly and 3 youngsters got about 20minutes time. few of them looked fairly tidy on the ball but they will never get a chance. example Maloney. Came on the scene like a rocket. scored wonder goal against rangers how many games did he play for them then goes down south. brought back up and again how many games did he play. In my view smeltic are probably the better at bringing through there youngsters on the basis of mcmanus and o'dea who get regular games but even then for the youngsters this is the season for them when they show what they can do. Nothing wrong at this point with the club taking an educated guess (they see these lads every day in training) and signing them for 3 years or so. Look at the difference in money between fletcher and clarkson. It will pay itself back with intrest and all we need is for one of these lads to hit the heights.

From the players point of view play well get a move. Go now never be seen again until you go to league 3 down south or up here. Just look over the past few years as to the youngsters we got off the old firm who did a good job for us. Better to stay and play than go and wallow.