In's And Out's

AndyRoss

In fact here is the regulation

List A has to be submitted by the following fixed deadlines:

a) 22 June 2009 (24.00 CET) for all matches in the first qualifying round;

b) 10 July 2009 (24.00 CET) for all matches in the second qualifying round;

c) 24 July 2009 (24.00 CET) for all matches in the third qualifying round;

d) 10 August 2009 (24.00 CET) for all matches in the play-off round;

e) 1 September 2009 (24.00 CET) for all further matches from the first match in the group stage up to and including the final.

For the three qualifying rounds and the play-offs, after the above-mentioned qualifying dates, one player on List A may be changed until 24.00 CET on the day before the relevant first-leg match, provided that the club’s national association confirms in writing that the new player is eligible to play at domestic level at this time.

Taken from here

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You misunderstand me. For some reason, I think we'll get through on Thursday. The next two games against the Albanian side become our next pre-season games. Seems pointless going into them with half a team that won't be playing come August 15th. If these games are serving as our pre-season, then surely it would be better to have at least some of the players that Gannon envisages as being our first team available for them. That's why I figure he has to work on the theory we'll get through and get some of the players in this week. A run in Europe? Not that bothered, beyond the fact that if we go out on Thursday, we might find it hard to arrange worthwhile friendlies as most clubs will have theirs pencilled in...

I think we agree then (no fun to be had there) - Gannon will be working hard to get the right players in ASAP.

There was a comment recently on BBC (sorry, can't remember who came out with it) indicating that a lot of the players are coming back from a holiday period about now, and that they were expecting a fair bit of transfer activity over the next few weeks - fingers crossed for a few arrivals at FP.

I'm somewhat apprehensive about the imminent arrival of players at Fir Park.

Obviously we need to bring in loads of players but such change failed drastically under Davies and Kampman.

Gannon has a tough job in his hands but I just hope he appreciates it is important a Scottish/Motherwell identity about the club as opposed to flooding us with an abundance of lower league English players who may or may not settle into the SPL.

I'm somewhat apprehensive about the imminent arrival of players at Fir Park.

Obviously we need to bring in loads of players but such change failed drastically under Davies and Kampman.

Gannon has a tough job in his hands but I just hope he appreciates it is important a Scottish/Motherwell identity about the club as opposed to flooding us with an abundance of lower league English players who may or may not settle into the SPL.

Understandably concerns but I wouldn't be too disappointed to see several new faces from England or elsewhere. I mean it's more exciting than signing the same old faces like Hughes is doing at Hibs. If Gannon can integrate new players,hopefully some with a bit of muscle, to our existing pool we will still have a reasonable core of Scottish players.

I still don't get the anti Fitzy thing as I have always felt that he has not been the worst in the team (in fact I think the team normally plays better when he is in the team).

Was looking through a list of free transfers available in England to see if anyone caught the imagination, it has to be said that there are some big names available (beyond our resources), but also noticed some old friends like Krysiak.

Anyway, if anyone is interested and can't be bothered working this morning, here is the link:

PFA List of Free Transfers

Boring Mondays, I decided to make a XI from those players, just a bit of fun:

GK Gabor Kiraly

RB Carl Hoefkens

LB Michael Ball

CB Sol Campbell

CB Ricardo Rocha

RM Fabio Ferreira

LM John Oster

CM Amaury Bischoff

CM Guillame Beuzelin

CF Collins John

CF Leroy Lita

Decent team. :P

Can we get this thread back on track -

has anyone heard any further rumours of possible signings? after the big bang last week things have been quiet.

Mibbes waiting to get the Euro game out the way first? I'm thinking he's made that his focus this week rather than chasing signatures. I'm thinking once the Llanelli game is out the way we'll see more movement.

24 hours? That's crazy. Gotta love UEFA.
Well, to be fair, the idea isn't that you have to go out and sign somebody within 24hrs. The idea is that you get to register new players that you have signed during the last couple of weeks or so.

Keepers

Fraser

Polish lad

Defenders

Saunders

Hammell

Craigan

Reynolds

Page

Hutchinson

Midfielders

Lasley

McGarry

Fitzpatrick

Jennings

Forbes

O'Brien

Slane

Smith

Strikers

Sutton

Murphy

McHugh

That's a squad of 19 there. Admittedly there are a lot of inexperienced youngsters but there are certainly the bodies there and they do have talent/potential.

I think that the 5 or 6 he brings in will be more experienced, versatile players capable of playing a variety of positions. Then he can rotate the youngsters as the squad will be about 24/25 players in size. I don't think we'll need to bring in much more than the 5 or 6 he's mentioned, as although we've lost a lot of first teamers we've also gained a lot of youngsters and so don't need to replace man for man.

Waited until all the furore died down and I'd regained my composure after last week's debacle before posting.

Jim Gannon has obviously been shocked at what he has inherited in terms of so-called experienced first team players and hasn't wasted time in saying so.

Its great to have someone come into Scottish football with a fresh perspective and who isn't in the usual Scottish football Mafia Managers clique who continually talk up Scottish football with nothing more than vested self-interest and job-security in mind when it obvious to all and sundry that the exact opposite is the case.

Scottish football has never been as low and lacking in quality as it at present and at least Gannon's had the balls to speak his mind about what we have passing for professional footballers at FP.

IMO it is highly likely that the following will be exiting FP in the not too distant future as he begins his clear-out and rebuild work - Fraser; Craigan; Lasley; McGarry; O'Brien and Smith.

Even though we lost, it was a real breath of fresh air it was to see so many talented youngsters playing last week and boy they did themselves proud. Once Gannon gets rid of the aforementioned dead wood and adds some players of his own choosing then allied with the youngsters, we may end up with not a bad side.

IMO it is highly likely that the following will be exiting FP in the not too distant future as he begins his clear-out and rebuild work - Fraser; Craigan; Lasley; McGarry; O'Brien and Smith.

Even though we lost, it was a real breath of fresh air it was to see so many talented youngsters playing last week and boy they did themselves proud. Once Gannon gets rid of the aforementioned dead wood and adds some players of his own choosing then allied with the youngsters, we may end up with not a bad side.

So you've decided Fraser is deadwood after seeing him in action for one game, where lets be honest the only thing he did was pick the ball out of the net because he was left exposed by his defence :huh:

I would bet on our one competative game, the only one that should actually be worried is Lasley out of that lot - and even then, as football is a squad game and not about 11 players I would be shocked if Gannon thinks any of those are, what you call "deadwood".

fitzpatrick was diabolical in the friendly against rhyll town, he looked as if he had never seen a ball before. he also looked to me as if he had been bulking up in the gym which isn't the best idea for a player who's best quality is getting around the park and making challenges. i wouldn't boot him out as he can be a useful player but it's obvious gannon has come in seen him in training and thought this guy is never a footballer.

i also think fraser won't be no.1 come the first day of the season. he looks uncomfortable under crosses and is never as tall as he's been listed on the website. at caley he had a land of the giants defence in front of him, he won't get that here and i don't think he'll be able to cope.

if it was up to me i'd punt john sutton and mcgarry, out of the two of them i think sutton might be in danger if gannon sticks to his guns about his formation as sutton is incapable of playing up front on his own.

in general i'm a bit uneasy about where we're headed. by the start of the season we're likely to have a new bunch of english, welsh or irish players and be playing an unfamiliar formation. it might work or it might not but with gannon being abit of a stubborn bastard and the 'well faithful being what we are i can can it turning ugly quick if things start badly. personally for me it would be a huge negative to move on lasley and craigan, it's been hugley enjoyable over the last 7 of years to watch a team with mfc at heart and most of the guys who came in (buzz, partro, foran, mcgarry, hughes, ports) seemed to buy into that. i'm not sure how much leeway i'd give a bunch of outsiders and a manager who seems to have a my way or the highway attitude.