Canterbury

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lip, I believe this to be one of the biggest masterstokes from the club in the time I have supported them. Not only is clever and innovative it has captured the hearts of the fans. I for one would be delighted if they did provide a further teaser and subsequent teasers for the away kit. What do you think?

No thoughts on this lip?

If you dont know what I think about it then you obviously havent read my posts.

I think you should add 'petted' to the middle of your name mate (between 'The' and 'Lip')!

I can't see any justification for you having the dummy flying around on this topic.

For someone who claims not to be bothered - you're sure behaving like someone who is.

My thoughts are that the club are over the moon to be delivering a traditional kit that a lot of fans have been asking for for a while and they're trying to do something a bit different in the build up.

You either get wi' the programme or you don't - It really is that simple.

I think TheLip's wife got pumped by the Archbishop of Canterbury or something. That's one seriously irrational hatred of a sports brand....

:blink: That's better than my theory on his Canterbury hatred!!! Rowan Williams is a bit of a lad though by all accounts...

I think you should add 'petted' to the middle of your name mate (between 'The' and 'Lip')!

I can't see any justification for you having the dummy flying around on this topic.

:lol::lol:

Incidentally I read somewhere that it is UEFA criteria to have 3 strips if you play in European competition.( No, ThePettedLip this is not a windup put the monitor down, step away from the window..)

Can anyone shed any light if this is just a recommendation or if we have to play ball with it or not?

Incidentally I read somewhere that it is UEFA criteria to have 3 strips if you play in European competition.( No, ThePettedLip this is not a windup put the monitor down, step away from the window..)

Can anyone shed any light if this is just a recommendation or if we have to play ball with it or not?

That was one of Sepp's big ideas that clubs should have specific European strips that differ from their normal league strips, but it was quickly shot down, for most clubs the strip is their brand and is what sets them apart. UEFA decided that adding the badges was sufficient to differentiate it from the strips worn in their home associations tournaments.

Monday morning folks... All will be revealed and you'll be able to pre-order by then too!

Cheers

'Flow

would that be the strip that was on display in the well shop just after it closed this afternoon?

quite basic, but very smart.

would that be the strip that was on display in the well shop just after it closed this afternoon?

What were you doing in the shop after it closed? :lol:

Basic but smart will be good

but did the previews not have all sort of detail? claret blobs?, collar lining with steelmen text?, hoop?, centred badges?

Surely means its no a basic 'tandem' number?

What were you doing in the shop after it closed? :lol:

I wasn't!

Drove past about 1ish, and one of the shutters was down, in the other window was picture of a motherwell top with the badge in the middle, so my assumption is that that is the new strip!