Canterbury

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So naebody want to post a scan of this weeks sneak peak?

Naw! Go buy a programme out the shop if yer that desperate to see it !!! ;)

Seriously though, it's the same collar as the current shirt with a white trim instead of amber, and there's some claret stitching on the jersey.

I've seen only one of the wee snippets of the strip, I'm looking forward to it, im sure it will be something special esph with all the hype around it.

I wouldn't be surprised on the other hand if it was similar to portsmouths new canterbury kit, but with our famous band across the middle.

30 odd days to go.......

Like wise I have only seen a few snippets. The shoulder bit looks the same from what i have seen. Hmmm be disapointed if another club had the same kit design. I'm sure it will be a nice wee number

to be fair, our xara designs weren't unique!

Like wise I have only seen a few snippets. The shoulder bit looks the same from what i have seen. Hmmm be disapointed if another club had the same kit design. I'm sure it will be a nice wee number

We are not a big enough club for them to want to go back to the drawing board for a brand new original design. It makes total sense for them to recycle aspects of existing strips that they already manufacture.

Personally I think the Pompey strip design is excellent so would't exactly be disappointed to see aspects of that in our new strip.

Nah I'm wi' pretzel, bit disappointed if I'm right. Not that our strip isn't exclusive but because Pompey have been wearing it for a full season already, templates should be thrown out after the first seasons run IMO. What are designers paid for if they only make up a couple of designs every couple of years?

That said I agree it would be a good looking kit if that's how it turns out with our unique 'hoop' design and colourway.

Xara's designs may not have been exclusive to us but they didn't rehash old designs and pass them off as new. As I said before though they've rehashed Pompeys design from 2 seasons ago for PNE's new kit so it could be worse. And Scotland's current kit design was first sported by Roma 3 or 4 years ago IIRC.

If you expect a design different from every other Canterbury shirt then, with the small number Motherwell will sell, you would probably have to pay about 4 or 5 times the price. Personally, I don't really care as long as the hoop makes a return ;)

No you don't get me, what I expect is Canterbury (indeed any half decent kit supplier) to produce new designs for their stable of clubs at the start of a new season. Doesn't have to be exclusive to that club. Last year's designs should remain just so. Is that not reasonable?

Anyways am wi' you, bring back the Hoop and all will be Well ;)

No you don't get me, what I expect is Canterbury (indeed any half decent kit supplier) to produce new designs for their stable of clubs at the start of a new season. Doesn't have to be exclusive to that club. Last year's designs should remain just so. Is that not reasonable?
Aye, now I get ye - and that is reasonable.
Anyways am wi' you, bring back the Hoop and all will be Well ;)
I don't buy shirts these days. If we get our hoop back, I could be tempted (but only when it's being flogged for half price after the next season's design teasers start appearing :P )

Xara's designs may not have been exclusive to us but they didn't rehash old designs and pass them off as new. As I said before though they've rehashed Pompeys design from 2 seasons ago for PNE's new kit so it could be worse. And Scotland's current kit design was first sported by Roma 3 or 4 years ago IIRC.

I can't say for certain about when each shirt was released but there were several of our Xara designs that were that were sported across the country. Off the top of my head I remember Ross County and St Johnstone wearing a dark blue/blue version of our all amber top/no band around the Stuart Elliot era and the Tractor Driving bams even used to the design of the competition MFC ran for the kit for the Malpas season.

I just couldn't say for certain that we hadn't been passed off something that been worn by a Tranmere or a Cardiff the season before.

I just couldn't say for certain that we hadn't been passed off something that been worn by a Tranmere or a Cardiff the season before.

Being a keen kit watcher I can say Xara released a template across the board and many of their clubs sported it but we didn't take on anyone's hand me downs. Only seems to be Diadora and Canterbury who try to pass off old templates as new that I've noticed. That said ours might not be exactly Pompey's old template, only saying it looks that way from what I've seen of the snippets

i'm really looking forward to getting the kit now! I didn't buy one this season because it was much the same as last years and i liked last years better because of the MOTHERWELL FC stitched into the arse of the shirt.

But the teasers are great, I think the campaign is looking great, and the strip manufacturer is a real coup for Motherwell.

I'll be buying one, but looking forward to the away strip too ;)

Dave, will preorders available for delivery on release day be able to have printing on them for that date?

Dave, will preorders available for delivery on release day be able to have printing on them for that date?

Undecided at the moment. If printing is available it will be at your own risk. We don't have all the sizes in just now so can't tell if they vary from this years sizes.

Its been a good wee PR campaign and its worked.

We are all talking about the new strip, instead of just seeing it released, its created a bit of excitement.

Anyone who can moan about this is clearly not getting out in the fresh air enough.

I've already defended the marketting idea before, but there's actually something else I like about it now that I've seen the latest sneaky peak - it's making me spot things I probably wouldn't have before.

What I mean is, if someone showed me a full photo of the new strip, then asked me a week or two later what the collar was like, I'd struggle to tell them, but seeing it this way makes you pay more attention to detail as you try to piece it together in your mind. Good job.

Frazzle

It definately is a smokin' idea in my opinion. Had we not had the campaign, we would be on here with absolutely no idea what the strip would look like; and as others have said, the snippets create conversation and opinion, thus ensuring extra exposure to our strip.

Well done to SC Dave and co (if it's their baby).

Looks very like one of the earlier mock-ups.......

google images Motherwell Canterbury and Bob's yer uncle.

Hope it is, cos it's a belter; and the away strip is minted an 'aw!

They mock ups are the dogs bollocks and look identical to the teasers in the programmes happy days :ph34r: