Canterbury

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm liken the look of the new top and thinkin about getting it when it comes out. Does anybody know if this new strip will last two seasons or does the Jaxx sponsorship expire in a years time?

It's only a two year deal with Jaxx as far as I'm aware...

Thats wishful thinking anyway! Even though its in the fans charter not to replace the top every season, thats pretty much hows it been since we lost Motorola as our sponsor - with the only exception being the Anglian top that I'm sure was two years.

So new strip next year too I'd bet. Wonder if we will get the same drawn put build up as this one?!

Guest 'Flow

The last home top we had for two years was the ZOOM one!

We changed from FLY ZOOM to Anglian at the end of 2005/2006

We changed from Xara to Bukta at the end of 2006/2007

We changed from Anglian to JAXX at the end of 2007/2008

We changed from Bukta to Canterbury at the end of 2008/2009

The charter states:

"Both home and away replica strips designs will normally have a life span of two seasons, unless changes are enforced due to consecutive contractual obligations. It will be appreciated that changes in sponsor or manufacturer makes it impossible to guarantee a two year minimum period."

The changes have been unfortunate, there is no doubt about that, but as you can see we've been quite unfortunate with consecutive changes. Our big mistake was marketing this years' top as 2008 - 2010 because our deal with Bukta and JAXX both lasted till then but complications with the kit deal meant that couldn't continue.

It wasn't done by any matter of means as an attempt to get more money from supporters. In actual fact, and Alan Provan from PSL can confirm this, going by previous numbers, you don't actually make any more money releasing tops every year. Two years tops, by and large, sell the same amount as two tops in two years.

Our current deal with JAXX does expire in the summer of 2010 so we can't give any assurances that these tops will be for two years. However, we're building up some real good relationships now with our sponsors and certainly, a return to Europe via the Fair Play league would be a boost. We'll most definitely attempt to continue that relationship beyond 2010 as you would expect.

'Flow

I really don't want to get involved in this debate as I genuinely want to be seen to be supportive of the changes that are happening for the better in the club, but my only gripe with what you've said there is that the fans charter was amended without consultation with the relevant organisations, which is a breach of the charter in itself. I suppose that's irrelevant to the strip but I felt it was worth mentioning.

MFC now has a better team on the park, a good manager, a better brand of strip, a great club shop, better communication from the fans, and a whole load of other improvements to things we've all been moaning about, but there are still a few things left to be desired. However, Rome wasn't built in a day and I'm happy with the direction the club is moving in just about every way, so don't take my point about the charter as mud-slinging. I just felt it should be pointed out.

Frazzle

Not getting involved in yet another Trust debate, but what difference does it make?

Kinda like that episode in the Office when Brent addressed the workforce to talk of possible 'dundies, and had Gareth by his side nodding his head in agreement, full of misplaced self-importance!

Our current deal with JAXX does expire in the summer of 2010 so we can't give any assurances that these tops will be for two years. However, we're building up some real good relationships now with our sponsors and certainly, a return to Europe via the Fair Play league would be a boost. We'll most definitely attempt to continue that relationship beyond 2010 as you would expect.

'Flow

At least you've kept us in the know mate.

Really hope the new strip stays for two years, and the jaxx sponsor, in my opinion, is quite nice.

Really can't wait to see the new strip, at first I was critical about the "reveal" campaign, but, i take it back.

I've been checking on here quite a bit for the new teaser's, because i always forget to buy a programme.

Nice work boys, and what a way to boost programme sales :D

Well, if the fans groups (not just the Trust) aren't consulted, then there's no point in having a fans charter. But having a fans charter (and not breaching it!) is part of the clubs SFA license that they must have to operate as a football club.

Frazzle

just checked out the images on google and saw the supposedly new kits if this is truely them then they are stunning and will be worth the wait they look a good design and i think the majority of fans will be delighted by these :D mon the well

just checked out the images on google and saw the supposedly new kits if this is truely them then they are stunning and will be worth the wait they look a good design and i think the majority of fans will be delighted by these :D mon the well

That's not them. Note the badly cut out CCC logo's and back to front logo's on the away kit - as well as the fact the first teaser doesn't fit anywhere on those Photoshops :D

Not getting involved in yet another Trust debate

....but I will none the less. Eh?

I don't have any real issue with the club changing strips every season. It's just an unfortunate set of circumstances, which I believe is covered under the T&C of the Supporters' Charter.

However, the anti-Trust bilge is just a load of tat peddled by folk who really need to shut up and get on with their lives. If you don't want to join, fair enough, move on.

It actually doesn't stand for anything, it's a representation of kiwis but is commonly known as "the 3 C's" or "CCC"

dunno why, I'd always assumed it was Canterbury Clothing Company! That said, I've only really seen it referred to CCC in the last 12 months.

I like the idea of the teasers.

The only thing to be seen is the shoulders and if it is a hoop or a band.

I like the idea as well and personally wouldnt mind a simliar launch for the away kit but it is guaranteed that folk wont be chuffed if this was to be the case, I mean, some folk getting worked up over some pictures of our best kit in years, its a bit daft, but it will happen.

Makes no difference to me, I'm up for anything that gets us talking about the new kits ;)