• Derek Adams (Ross Country)
    • Luc Nijholt (None)
    • Terry Butcher + Maurice Malpas (ICT)
    • A.N. Other

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye but Austrian Footie :lol: (where Luc won the title as assistant coach) is almost identical to Scottish Footie. :lol:

I must admit theres not another coach in Scotland right now that I'd take ahead of Nijholt. Or for that matter one below the championship in England either.

The Dillon bloke apparently mooted by Muttley the Hooor was an assistant in his last job was he no'.

Robbo at Fir Park - there'd be riots if that cheating wee FHW came anywhere near the place. Are you really a well fan wee Tommy - or are you just blissfully unaware of his history

I can assure you that I am a 'Well fan and well aware of the "history". I assume you are referring to his handball goal and being an ex jambo? I am interested in his credentials as a manager and am not small minded enough to insist our next manager needs a 'Well connection. Our best manager post war was my namesake Wee Tommy McLean and he was never forgiven in some quarters for being an ex ranger. Need I say more

If you think England is different, then Dutch footy is a million miles away from our game. Having been to some games in the lower reaches of their top division, it bears no resemblance to Scottish footy at all.
I didn't say it was similar! all I was doing was pointing out that the previous rebuff that was made by Melvin was actually accurate.

Anyone heard of this guy.

Yep. Great record as Shelbourne manager, did feck all when he went to Derry City and resigned less than a year later, and then won the league by a mile with Bohemians last year.

Bear in mind the Irish league is mostly about Scottish first division standard, though, and the last manager to move from there to the SPL (Stephen Kenny) didn't exactly set the heather alight.

If the Wikipedia entry is accurate then Gannon took Stockport County from 5 points adrift from safety at the bottom of League Two to a few points off the Championship. He likes his teams to play free flowing fitba and is outspoken against the FA, referees and anyone he feels goes in roughshod against his players.

The County fans certainly seemed to like him - plus I know some Hibees who are gutted they didn't get him.

He'll know loads of players who could do a job in the SPL and he won't cost MFC a penny in compensation as he's currently unemployed after County went into administration.

I'd be happy with him in charge.

I agree actually, he would be an astute apointment and could be another rabbit out the hat so Boyle might go for him - he will have loads of contacts down south and turned Stockport around - I remember them being a solid 'banker' on the coupons to get beat at one point and then not long later a solid 'banker' to win on the coupons so that is some feat.

Like many I dived in and veoted for Luc without even noticing this guy, I still maintain though that with Luc we will get a freshness and something different, perhaps a few dutch players in. We wont get that with a British manager.

In a similar vein, I remember when Hibs appointed Franck Sauzee, they thought they would get his style of play, his european contacts, and some French flair...and all they got was everyone laughing at them.

In saying that though I did vote for Nijholt, although that was more because everyone else on the list is either a pipe-dream, or gives me the heebie-jeebies when I think of them managing us.

I had no idea who Jim Gannon was at the time, but I must admit he does sound the most impressive of the realistic candidates on the list to me now.

After alls said and done I'll be most surprised if Luc Nijholt is anywhere near our short leet. The same situation arose when mark McGhee was appointed and it transpired that the club did not consider Luc. A complete red herring if ever there was one.

New name in the frame according the Sun today is former Swindon No2 David Byrne.

Never heard of him, hopefully if he did get the gig we wouldn't be on a road to nowhere...

Unless I'm missing something obvious here I have no idea as to why he might be a serious candidate. A mediocre playing career at lower league clubs, in charge at Albion Rovers for a short spell and a short spell as No 2 at Swindon. As I say maybe I'm missing something.

I'd love Jim Gannon to get the job, complete ledge and isnt afraid to get stuck in about anyone and everyone.

Yes, he'd be a brilliant appointment, some of the things he's done at Stockport with no money have been remarkable. Unfortunately, his acheivements are widely recognised down here and he a very marketable name right now. He has already turned down a number of jobs and appears to be waiting for a big club.