• Craig Brown (None) + Young Assistant
    • Davie Hay (Livingston) + Young Assistant
    • Stephen Craigan (Motherwell) - Player/Manager
    • Jim Jeffries (Kilmarnock)
    • Derek Adams (Ross Country)
    • Luc Nijholt (None)
    • Terry Butcher + Maurice Malpas (ICT)
    • A.N. Other

Aye, it's a different four names every day. It's like they phone JB and say "Is it this four?" "Naw" "Well, how many are wrong?" "Two" "OK" and then they come back the next day and try a different combination.

You don't need to buy a paper, everything is repeated on here buck shee...

Ah know, saved masel a fiver a week :lol:

Used to be a wee travel gemme like that, Mastermind wis it? Had to guess which four foloured beads the other guy had hidden behind a screen. Embdy mind it?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boothroyd came in to my mind early doors but I thought he would be well out of league ala Coppell, Jewell etc.

Always seems to talk sense on the telly and done wonders in getting Watford to the Premiership.

I'd be delighted if he got the job.

Agreed!

Of all the names totued so far, this one excites me the most. Yeah Nihjolt and Gary Mac have links to the club which I think is always nice with the management team, and Sanchez and Gannon seem to be great motivators - but none are on the same scale as Boothroyd. The guy has actually acheived things in club football, and has a great reputation with the media for the way he conducts himself. Also, I know he has a great respect from the players that have worked under him and that, along with his knowledge of the English lower leagues, could lead to a few quality signings for us - ala Porter - should we get the job.

Until now I haven't had a favourite, and thought any of four (Nijholt, Gary Mac, Gannon and Sanchez) would be a good appointment for us. Hoiwever, now I'm all for Boothroyd. If there is any truth to this story I'm excited at the prospect of his appointment, and would actually be dissappointed should he not get the job in favour of one of the other four.

Boothroyd with Nijholt as his assistant would we a dream team for me!

Ah know, saved masel a fiver a week :lol:

Used to be a wee travel gemme like that, Mastermind wis it? Had to guess which four foloured beads the other guy had hidden behind a screen. Embdy mind it?

Mind it....and sure I've still got it up in the loft somewhere!

Boothroyd came in to my mind early doors but I thought he would be well out of league ala Coppell, Jewell etc.

Always seems to talk sense on the telly and done wonders in getting Watford to the Premiership.

Likewise i thought he would be well out of our league. Manager who always impressed me when he was at Watford and would be my preferred choice out of the list.

If successful, how long do you think he'd hang around at Fir Park? Longer than McGhee did?

Fair play to Motherwell for looking outside Scotland and trying to get a biggish name but I think most of these guys are at it. People said McGhee was a mercenary but what makes anyone think any of these 'final four' wouldn't be back down South in a flash. It's a gap in their CV and we could be going through the same tedious process a year from now.

It'd even surprise me if some of these guys aren't even interested in the job if offered, it just gets their name in the newspaper.

Well, if clubs are banging our door down in a year's time to entice our manager away again, then he will have done something right.

I'd love a manager to be successful with us, stay and build on it - but it simply won't happen.

Anyway, can we at least give any new manager the chance to actually be appointed before questioning his loyalty?! :woop:

If successful, how long do you think he'd hang around at Fir Park? Longer than McGhee did?

Fair play to Motherwell for looking outside Scotland and trying to get a biggish name but I think most of these guys are at it. People said McGhee was a mercenary but what makes anyone think any of these 'final four' wouldn't be back down South in a flash. It's a gap in their CV and we could be going through the same tedious process a year from now.

As the morning has progressed that thought has crossed my mind.

While he hopefully shares the same ambition of McGhee, my impression of Boothroyd suggests that he would go about his business in a far more dignified manner.

And if thats the case, I'll be pretty chuffed..

Do you think the more players we lose the less likely we are to get a good manager. I mean inheriting a small squad with money to spend and time until your next game is one thing but inheriting a first team squad of a dozen or so players, having little money to spend and pretty much going straight into competative matches possibly doesn't fill people with hope. Just wondering if anyone else thinks potential new managers will consider this a negative and maybe a bridge too far?

Aye, it's a different four names every day. It's like they phone JB and say "Is it this four?" "Naw" "Well, how many are wrong?" "Two" "OK" and then they come back the next day and try a different combination.

You don't need to buy a paper, everything is repeated on here buck shee...

Ah know, saved masel a fiver a week :woop:

The cover of the box had a dead creepy guy on it. Looked like Ming from the Flash Gordon film.

Was it not Magnus Magusson on the cover?

I'm bored :P is it MonDaWell thats likes all things Asian, would she do?

mastermind1.jpg

Read all about mastermind box art here

Boothroyd has to be favourite... surely. Was he not involved in Youth Development at Chelsea before going to Watford?

You're thinking of Rogers, the guy that followed him at Watford. Boothroyd prior to Watford was involved with the Leeds coaching set-up I'm sure...