The Green Green Grass Of Home

delboy

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

.............There's still seven weeks till July 15th - ................

If I didn't cut my grass for 7 weeks at this time of year it'd be a foot high plus :D wynd yr neck in guys, and Mr Arthur to join the mile high club does not mean having a shufle while looking at yer fav football ground from 25,000 feet :nod:

If I didn't cut my grass for 7 weeks at this time of year it'd be a foot high plus :D wynd yr neck in guys, and Mr Arthur to join the mile high club does not mean having a shufle while looking at yer fav football ground from 25,000 feet :O

I don't think my fellow passengers would allow me to get away with that................as for joining the mile high club....not enough time on a domestic flight :huh:

Mind you I do get a semi every time it is a clear day and I get to see the hallowed turf/bare patch. Pisses me off when the plane banks left early......easily pleased really

Nah, it was fine last year even up to and including boxing day. It wasnt until the weather and the supposedly professional groundsman took their tole before it turned into the WW1 battlefield.

Agreed. On boxing day it was fine even though we were shite on the day. There are dead plants and trees being dug out of gardens all over the place due to the severity of the winter we had. Loks like a promising start for the new pitch and fingers crossed for a milder winter to give it a chance.

Rangers defender Madjid Bougherra has blamed the mix of grass and synthetic fibre on the pitch in South Africa for goalkeeper Faouzi Chaouchi's blunder that led to Algeria's 1-0 defeat by Slovenia at the World Cup finals. (the Sun)

If thats all he's got to worry about he must live in a near perfect world. In Scotland I'd guess over 95% of pitches use synthetic rootzone. Probably only the OF can afford topsoil. If its good enough for the World Cup its good enough for us.

At that level, players should be able to perform on any surface. I'm sure he's come across far worse on his travels.