Young Players Contracts

gullane

I believe it was 2 year deals both Hutchinson and Page signed towards the end of last season.

Doesn't impact on the principle of getting players on more secure deals but we don't have that extra year to play with, with the two of them.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Shaka - exactly the kind of info required.

There appears general agreement we need to tie up the new talent on longer term contracts. But I condemn any notion of discarding established squad members like Hammell and Lasley. We need to build a squad, not just a team. I think JG will pick a side appropriate for each match. Just cos someone gets dropped, doesn't mean they are out the picture.

Going by some comments on here, as soon as Forbes, Coke et al have one mediocre game, that's them up for sale.

Let's get behind Gannon and ALL the team. :cheers:

Sounds like your looking for 118 118 and not Steelmenonline. :P

I don't like writing anything that's too negative about players as I think I might be happy clappy (not entirely sure). But I wouldn't lose any sleep about losing Hammell or Lasley. i'm sorry if I'm a bad person.

I think Fitzy's the only one Gannon's been hasty on and I'd have him before Lasley.

I dont imagine the queue is going to be around the block for O'Brien. He isnt going to end up at anywhere better than Fir Park , i very much doubt if any other SPL club would be interested, id rather keep our cash and see who else we could get for our money.

Slane , McHugh , Murphy (Coke , Humphrey , Archdeacon) all offer more going forward IMO and in defence he is no use at all

I'd like to see O'Brien stay. I think he's definately got something to offer. I wouldn't be surprised if McGhee put an offer in for him in January either. A few of the guys I go with to the games don't rate O'Brien but I think he's got bags of potential.

O'Brien has looked a really dangerous player in most of the games this season. Only person to offer something - could take on men and hit shit crosses all day. But then, if he could take on men and deliver perfect crosses he wouldn't be with us.

Has came on leaps and bounds since he signed up and if he can continue this progress under Gannon we could make a few bob off him medium term.

Get him signed (and teach him how to cross)

Heard a rumour today that Diamond and Miller of Aberdeen are potentially signing for Norwich and Middlesboro respectively, for over 1.5million (which I find hard to believe).

If it happens, I wouldnt be surprised to see McGhoo trying to take some players off our hands.

£1.5mill each or combined??? I had heard Boro were looking at Miller. As Frazzle says, hard to believe that Lambert has identified targets already...