Gannon Sacked! Motherwell Part Company with Manager

steelman1991

Did they not have to make Gannon redundant a wee while ago?

I doubt they would spend money on players like Ruddy if they were struggling to survive not so long ago, but if they did it would be a big kick in the balls.

Yeah i think he was made redundant last march, are Stockport still in administration?

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been reading the Cockport County fans forum, and they seem to be creaming themselves over the potential return of, and I quote you "THE SAVIOUR". As I told them --- they're welcome to him.

I wouldn't knock another teams saviour, he had a cracking record with them and his heart was always there...wish we had one we could fall back on..!!

People say Boyle was right to sack if he had no commitment - agree.

What I don;t understand is why he was employed without that commitment in the first instance and that was also under Boyle's watch.

My point exactly. And why would it suddenly become a major issue today?

I didn't know about this until just now! Immediate reaction - I think it's a shame for Motherwell. I think Gannon would have proved a very good acquisition for the club and would have taken the team forward. He is a talented young manager who was taking taking the club down the youth route and who was breathing new life into the set-up and the SPL. Results had been poor in the past few matches, but that happens with such a young team. Clearly the question marks about his ability to maintain cordial working relationships were justified.

I hope you don't end up with a second-rate establishment name who has been in Scottish management for years and will only offer the same old ideas.

Sad to hear this and I hope it doesn't ruin the rest of the season.

I agree 100 per cent. Thats why my money is on Malpas making a return. Perhaps even Paul Hegarty

Ahhhhhh,

I was almost getting annoyed at some of your posts and was tempted to reply on a few occasions but this has shown your hand.

As someone who has been using messageboards for years, I can't believe I was almost hooked in!

All the best!

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Makes me laugh how the happy clappers have changed their tunes now. Oh yes he's the man to change the club, he needs time, look at the bigger picture. The guy was a chancer at best and all the pish with the media just proves what a total wank the guy is.

The bigger picture is that Gannon was NEVER interested in the long term picture at Fir Park.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Makes me laugh how the happy clappers have changed their tunes now. Oh yes he's the man to change the club, he needs time, look at the bigger picture. The guy was a chancer at best and all the pish with the media just proves what a total wank the guy is.

The bigger picture is that Gannon was NEVER interested in the long term picture at Fir Park.

I don't know the ins and outs of his contract or his long term intentions, but I think he is a top young manager and it's a big loss for MFC. Shame his tenure was so short :P

Ahhhhhh,

I was almost getting annoyed at some of your posts and was tempted to reply on a few occasions but this has shown your hand.

As someone who has been using messageboards for years, I can't believe I was almost hooked in!

All the best!

Ahhh...so the 'Flow is lurking...you passing some messages upstairs to JB perchance, gauging the fans feelings..?? Remember your beginnings young chap and gies us some info...or you can just PM me honest I will keep it quiet.. :P

I wouldn't be surprised if all the pish with the media and the officials up here is the reason he was looking at other jobs in the first place.

The guy is probably thinking that we are running a mickey mouse league here, and he's not far wrong.

We are where we are!

Who cares - It is quite evident that relations had deteriorated to such an extent between Gannon and the board and players and indeed some fans that this was coming.

It is a positive that he had NOT signed a contract - otherwise we would probably have had to pay compensation. End of story.

From a financial view it is positive yes. It is strange though don't you think. He was appointed without a contract and then sacked for not signing one. Will we appoint our next manager without a contract just in case he is shit ?

Ahhhhhh,

All the best!

Its not an attempt to hook or bait. Its an outlet for my utter disapointment at the stewardship fo our club. Sorry to let you down or annoy anyone. The post you refer to was made in a sarcastic tone in reply to another who claimed we needed a amanger to punt the ball up the park. Feel free to reply to my posts anytime. I understand you are no longer running this board and can no longer ban me for claiming hooliganism is a blight on our game. ;)

I've not changed my tune, I think sacking Gannon is a ridiculous decision, terrible timing and if there were other reasons behind the manager's dismissal, then we should be told. Giving someone the bullet for not having a contract when you've allowed them to work without a contract for months, well I hope Boyle realises how stupid that sounds.

Gannon seemed like he knew his own mind, if Boyle just wants a puppet then maybe he'll bear that in mind with the next appointment he makes.

I've not changed my tune, I think sacking Gannon is a ridiculous decision, terrible timing and if there were other reasons behind the manager's dismissal, then we should be told. Giving someone the bullet for not having a contract when you've allowed them to work without a contract for months, well I hope Boyle realises how stupid that sounds.

Gannon seemed like he knew his own mind, if Boyle just wants a puppet then maybe he'll bear that in mind with the next appointment he makes.

Its only as stupid position if Jim had not been given a deadline to actually sign a contract to give us stability