New Manager

fizoxy

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Burma - I have read most of your posts on the subject of Gannon getting his jotters and not agreed with any. That i guess is what forums are about - opinions.

But this post has taken it too far. Burley was clearly the wrong appointment for Scotland and would be for Motherwell.

The last thing we need is another in the Malpas mould - a Manager devoid of emotion and unable to motivate Santa on Xmas eve.

Likewise I have read most of your posts and find them baffling in the fact hat they dont really make a great deal of sense, but like you said its all about opinions. As for Burley for Scotland.....Thats a different thread on a different board. Needless to say having been to all scotland games over the last six years bar two away games then i feel that Burley was no worse than Smith Mcleish, or Vogts, a view that seemed to be shared by many of my coleagues in the TA. My one criticism of Burley is that he didnt change it midway through the game. But that would please a small minority of our support who hate changes. But comparing Burley to the car crash that was malpas is just silly.

Im with the majority of the folk who have posted i.e. Burley, McAllister, Calderwood would be fine, but folk like Adams, McCart, Robertson just dont do it for me.

Anyway i would be happy with some of the other, less mentioned names such as Craig Brown (but no idea why since he aint managed no one in years) or Darren Ferguson.

I think the slating JB has got off one or two on here is a bit scewed, we dont yet know whats been going on or if something has been sorted or will be sorted in the coming few days. For me JB has did the correct thing, i felt the whole Gannon thing was coming to a head, he was causing huge friction with the media and some players, and i had expected it would be the same behind the scenes all the way up to director level.

If he has been going for interviews for new jobs, then he is even worse than McGhee cause at least McGhee waited till after Christmas before tauting himself.

Not sure if it's been mentioned in the 10 pages of shouts so far but I would be willing to stick a tenner on Scott Leitch getting the job. Only reason I say that is because he was in the stand on Saturday sitting next to Youngy. No sure what time the sheep game got cried off, that was probably his main reason for being at Fir Park, but might have seen enough to inspire him to give it a go.

Not sure if it's been mentioned in the 10 pages of shouts so far but I would be willing to stick a tenner on Scott Leitch getting the job. Only reason I say that is because he was in the stand on Saturday sitting next to Youngy. No sure what time the sheep game got cried off, that was probably his main reason for being at Fir Park, but might have seen enough to inspire him to give it a go.

It has been mentioned a wee bit, the general hypothesis is that he was just there due to the game being off and no secondary motive was in place by the board. But there have been one or two comments on Leitch not enjoying it too much in Aberdeen.

I think there maybe something in Leitch's chances if i am being honest.

Burley/McAllisaster 5/2

Calderwood 4/1

Njholt 6/1

Magilton 9/1

Collins 10/1

Paatealienen 11/1

McGlynn 12/1

Brendan Rodgers 12/1

Gordon Young 12/1

Gordon Chisholm 12/1

Jim McInally 14/1

Lawrie Sanchez 14/1

Eric Black 16/1

Richard Gough 20/1

Brian McClair 20/1

Billy Reid 20/1

Malpas/Willamson 25/1

Billy Stark 28/1

Although I doubt he'd be a popular choice Jimmy Calderwood has as good a record in the SPL as we could reasonable expect from an incoming manager. He improved Aberdeen season on season and did very well with Dunfermline playing attacking football.

I doubt McAllister, despite the old ties, would be interested in the job. He strikes me as someone who isn't really fussed unless its a big time appointment, which with all the will in the world we aren't.

Billy Stark is at the bottom of the list but perhaps with Levein coming in and wanting more control over most aspects of the international remit he will want to move on from the U21's. Stark probably knows a fair bit about our current squad.

The Hibs back room rebeled against John Collins, if what you hear about behind the scenes at Fir Park is anything to go by then perhaps John Collins isn't the choice.

If Malpas is reappointed it's a one way ticket to the Erskine Bridge.

Billy Stark is at the bottom of the list but perhaps with Levein coming in and wanting more control over most aspects of the international remit he will want to move on from the U21's. Stark probably knows a fair bit about our current squad.

Not just that but experience working with (and motivating) young players would seem ideal.

Possiblity of a shared post - helping out with U21s at match times?

If nothing else the SFA owe JB for getting rid of Gannon :lol: