Ict Away: Re-scheduled For Mon 18th Jan (3rd Time)

Stuarty

thats pish we also hadent played for a few weeks and the only reason ict didnt play on sat was there game was postponed

Yeah but we played on Saturday and Inverness didn't.

So we've played 2 games in 3 matches and Inverness have played 1.

So obviously Inverness we going to have more in the tank than we would.

It was a poor result but given the circumstances I'll let it ride, fitness won't be an excuse on Saturday because the players will have had 5 days to prepare.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Always next year" my fucking hole. I can't say I'm surprised but it still pisses me off.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Motherwell should just withdraw from all cup competitions as our record is fucking embarrassing. Every single year we go out to entirely beatable opposition with a whimper. Every fucking year. That's ICT twice in recent times, Ayr Utd, Dundee, St Johnstone, St Mirren countless times. Every year bar 2003 and 1992 when we at least went out fighting our cup record since winning it is fucking shocking.

That said, playing on a Monday and a Saturday is a joke.

Yeah but we played on Saturday and Inverness didn't.

So we've played 2 games in 3 matches and Inverness have played 1.

So obviously Inverness we going to have more in the tank than we would.

It was a poor result but given the circumstances I'll let it ride, fitness won't be an excuse on Saturday because the players will have had 5 days to prepare.

AGREED. I love the cup but the omens were not good. ICT away on a Monday night after 2 postponements. Of course they would be fresher than us.

Just heard from a mate on the road back down. We had approx 150-200 fans - lucky if there were more than 1500 at the match - no atmosphere - sounds like it was a training match. You know our players are used to a red hot atmosphere :lol:

We would likely have gone to Killie with a big crowd and got papped out anyhoo - this way we have saved £30. OK I am clutching at straws but the league is our bread and butter. We are still in the mix for the top 6 and if two of the top 4 get to the final then 5th will get a place in Europe. We live in hope :doh:

We now need to kick St Mirren in the goolies - they are LONG overdue a defeat at our hands.

"Always next year" my fucking hole. I can't say I'm surprised but it still pisses me off.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Motherwell should just withdraw from all cup competitions are our record is fucking embarrassing. Every single year we go out to entirely beatable opposition with a whimper. Every fucking year. That's ICT twice in recent times, Ayr Utd, Dundee, St Johnstone, St Mirren countless times. Every year bar 2003 and 1992 owhen we at least went out fighting our cup record since winning it is fucking shocking.

That said, playing on a Monday and a Saturday is a joke.

i know 2 games in 2 days isnt ideal (anyone notice both old firm teams get 2 full days between games :doh: ) but surely if we could run about a park playing for 5 6 hours every night when we where younger then growen men can do it twice for 90 minutes

AGREED. I love the cup but the omens were not good. ICT away on a Monday night after 2 postponements. Of course they would be fresher than us.

Just heard from a mate on the road back down. We had approx 150-200 fans - lucky if there were more than 1500 at the match - no atmosphere - sounds like it was a training match. You know our players are used to a red hot atmosphere :lol:

We would likely have gone to Killie with a big crowd and got papped out anyhoo - this way we have saved £30. OK I am clutching at straws but the league is our bread and butter. We are still in the mix for the top 6 and if two of the top 4 get to the final then 5th will get a place in Europe. We live in hope :doh:

We now need to kick St Mirren in the goolies - they are LONG overdue a defeat at our hands.

To be fair the cup gets our fans more excited than any league game. If the original fixture went ahead how many fans do you think we would have had there compared to tonight?

wellfan29 said:
suppose i better rephrase that post we cant use the fact that ict havent played for a few weeks an excuse for losing tonight as have only played once this month just unfortunate it was on sat so really shouldnt be too much of a difference in fitness between both teams

Really disappointing! I said this at the weekend even after we won. I don't see the return of Lasley & Craigan to the first 11 as a positive move. I'm not blaming them for the defeat. I didn't see the game. It's just when I look at the line up I'm not filled with confidence. I had hoped for a few changes in Jan with a few heading out the door. Sadly I'm not so sure that's on the cards now. Same old same old.

4 -5 - 1 also seems a bit negative. Why didn't we stick to the same formation as Saturday? Just disappointed, especially when I think about the money a wee cup run would have brought in.

Whit is it way the bastarding English brigade on here? Who gives a fuck ? The majority of the population of this shire don't speak proper English why should we care if people TYPE it or no ?

Have you just decided to moan at anything and everything tonight? I don't think who ever pointed out the lack of punctuation is expecting folk to compose posts in the Queen's English and perfectly spell every word, but there's also no need to post a stream of conciousness that can be difficult to understand simply because you can't be arsed throwing in a comma or a full stop here and there.

Have you just decided to moan at anything and everything tonight? I don't think who ever pointed out the lack of punctuation is expecting folk to compose posts in the Queen's English and perfectly spell every word, but there's also no need to post a stream of conciousness that can be difficult to understand simply because you can't be arsed throwing in a comma or a full stop here and there.

All the same if the guy posts an argument that is difficult to understand he becomes a laughing stock and his argument becomes null and void. His fault. The reason I moaned was I have had a couple of my own posts shown up for poor grammar or bad spelling. Is it really that important on a fitba forum ? And to answer your first question.....NO. I am in a stinker though i'll give you that.

Must've been about 2 to 300 or so, not too bad all things considered!

Another thing, big Lucas took a knock early doors, after about 2 minutes, and was fucked. He stuck it out til about half time, but by about 60 minutes he could barely run. By about 80 minutes he could quite literally barely move, and still we left him on the park. Fair enough we had no subbies, but for fuck sake the guy couldn't even walk properly!