Ict Away: Re-scheduled For Mon 18th Jan (3rd Time)

Stuarty

There is a big fifference between Inverness' stadium and Harlaw park.

Indeed, Caley Stadium is at sea level and has USH while Harlaw Park doesn't and is several hundred feet higher in a part of the country renowned for more severe weather than Inverness.

However, I too have concerns about this game. We've had snow virtually every day for the last 2 weeks. Yes, we've had thaws but followed by temps as low as -10 on the coast.

Could well be a repeat of last year's circumstances. Hopefully not tho.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very kind offer mate. I'll keep you updated if it gets cancelled.

That applies to anyone else too. If gets cancelled and you have a ticket but can't make the re arranged fixture I will take the ticket off your hands I need at least 4 because I have 3 uncles up there who I need tickts for. The less people out of pocket the better.

It's getting there that could be the main problem. A9 can become snowbound very quickly, especially between Drummochter and Slochd. Not exactly awash with alternative routes north are we ?

I got stuck in Elgin yesterday, as temperatures dropped quickly causing road slush to freeze which was then covered by a heavy snow fall. From clear roads to total gridlock in 20 mins.

Nony had to dig her way out of Pluscarden ........ although I did advise her not to go. :doh:

For the Inverness locals, why is the Highland derby off tomorrow?

I thought Caley would have had undersoil heating having been in the SPL last season. Is it the H&S stuff kicking in again with the stands/car parks/roads etc or is it actually the playing surface that has caused the postponement?

Not sure Andy. Even with UDS I doubt any pitch could have withstood the severe weather conditions experienced up here of late.

OB cancelled the New Year celebrations in the city last night, and with a full house expected at the game tomorrow they may have intervened for the same reasons. Will have a look at their forum and get back.

Cheers Pie. I'm just wondering if we should prepare ourselves for another webcam watch a la Inverurie High Street and a scroll through half a dozen contradictory weather websites like last season and the same the next day....and two days later....and the next Monday later.....and two days later etc etc :doh:

For the Inverness locals, why is the Highland derby off tomorrow?

I thought Caley would have had undersoil heating having been in the SPL last season. Is it the H&S stuff kicking in again with the stands/car parks/roads etc or is it actually the playing surface that has caused the postponement?

I think someone mentioned that when the temperature reaches a certain low the under soil heating system becomes useless as the pipes would burst so they couldn't turn it on. However, with temperatures set to hit 5 c then the heating will be used for the game against us. If the game is postponed next Saturday it will be for more H&S resons rather than the pitch.

See I bought my tickets LAST Saturday am, hours before the St Johnstone game. The thinking was that there would be a rush on due to demand etc. That'll teach me!!

Is it a sell-out ? Relying on a mate sourcing my ticket, although worried about a repeat of last year when my ticket got stranded in Edinburgh :doh:

Oh, it's across the river ! Just round from Caley Club, never even knew there was a pub there. Looked at a house in Greig Street when house hunting up here 7 years back. Lovely house but the close proximity of Caley Club put us off.

The auld toon is the area just below The Crown - Castle, Bridge and High Streets. While the Academy, Union, Church Streets triangle is the new toon ............. or so some bloke from Snecky told me.

Aye we took about 1,000 up there that day, only to be shat on by the team.

Pics here: http://www.caleyjags.com/pa/g0809/090207Ki...nock/index.html

Bit off topic so apologies but what is the feeling at Rugby Park at the moment? Good chance of going down or staying up? My fear is with everything going on at Fir Park at the minute we could get dragged down that end too. A Killie supporting mate told me Billy Brown had an argument with a fan at Full Time on Boxing Day. Never a good sign. Thoughts are if you could afford it they would be sacked. To think Jeffries name has been linked to our vacancy as well. You must be hoping.

Might need to take you up on that offer as well mate :woop:

Will phone the club and see about one getting sent out but they've refused in the past

Not a problem you will be safer with me. If you get one sent you have to rely on the club and Royal mail :P .

With me it is just me and will not let a fellow dosser down :rolleyes: